3 Great Divides in Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Notwithstanding all the little differences and details of Christian argument, I am learning there are 3 great divides in Christianity since Christ first rose from the dead, and His gospel and faith spread through Jewry and the nations around the world.

Most Christians that study Bible doctrine of Christ know them: Outward Pentecostalism or Phariseeism, Christian Sinners saved by grace, and Christian Saint perfectness.

I don't include any modern Judaizing, because it's so marginalized by the apostles gutting it as the first greatest threat to the NT gospel. (Nor do I include the many cult groups that have come alone with created christs, Docetic spiritism, Gnosticism, Mariology, etc...) I believe established Catholics fit into one of the main three groups I list.

The three major Christian groups to me are: Outward works only with spiritual corruption, inward faith only with sinful lives, and inward/outward spiritual purity with blameless living.

What is interesting is not so much the 3 major divisions, but how they come to pass in Christianity. I believe the source is in how Christians repent of sinning. We all repent, but we don't all repent of the same things and in the same way.

The first group repents at once for all outward dead works. The second group at once repents of enjoying sinning. And the third group repents at once of spiritual lust and outward dead works.

The first group does not preach nor practice cleansing the spirit of filthiness, but only the flesh. The second group preaches and practices progressive repentance of works of the flesh, while claiming spiritual purity through faith alone. The 3rd group repents of all sinning spiritual and physical at once.

The 1st and 3rd Christian groups preach Repent ye and believe the gospel. The 2nd Christian group preaches Believe ye the gospel first and then repent.

And so, the Christian Pentecostal Pharisees need to preach repenting of spiritual lust first, along with outward cleanness. The Christian sinners saved by grace, need to preach repent first. And the Christian saints just need to practice what they preach.

And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

This is Jesus correcting the 2nd Christian group.

Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

This is Jesus correcting the 1st Christian group.

Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

This is Paul preaching to all Christians.

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

And this is Paul praying for all Christians to do the word of the gospel Jesus and Paul preach.