"300"Movie Angers Iran

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
TEHRAN, Iran - The hit American movie “300” has angered Iranians who say the Greeks-vs-Persians action flick insults their ancient culture and provokes animosity against Iran.“Hollywood declares war on Iranians,” blared a headline in Tuesday’s edition of the independent Ayende-No newspaper.The movie, which raked in $70 million in its opening weekend, is based on a comic-book fantasy version of the battle of Thermopylae in 480 B.C., in which a force of 300 Spartans held off a massive Persian army at a mountain pass in Greece for three days.

Living Martyr

Mar 11, 2007
I'll be honest. I saw the movie, and I actually kind-of liked it..other than for the random sex and nudity in it, which didnt help the story any...the different camera angles and visuals were pretty kool - and it made for a good friday night out with some friends. I think if the Iranians are taking offence to this movie, they need to take a step back and get over it. If people are going to start saying that different movies insult their culture and that they shouldnt be shown, then sooner or later we're not going to have any movies out there...

betchevy

Jan 7, 2007
GET A CLUE, Iranians are looking for anything to possibly ignite Islam against the US, Israel and anyone who isn't them.....From the cuts I've seen of the movie it is skewed toward the gamer nation, kids who love the graphics of video games with lots of blood flying everywhere. They wouldn't have a clue as to the history behind it.... only the kewl graphiclike art form which is new.Why these producers chose this historical reference was probably for the facts of the blood soaked battlefields with swords and pikes being used for the best possible artistic blood spatters.

E

epouraniois

Has anyone noted where the angel told Daniel he must next go to fight? Does this bring implications to the NT, where we are told who the gentiles might have been? I speak of those who were used, prophetically, to provoke Israel to emulation.

E

epouraniois

Actually, it is a true story, perhaps the greatest battle in all of secular history, where 300 Grecians held off over 40,000 Persians for several days.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It probably is the greatest battle fought on this Earth between "secular" forces. I don't plan on seeing the movie because of the filth in it. I hate that they took such an amazing story and did what they did to it. With regards to the feelings of Iran - it's nothing new. Ethnic groups and other groups do the same thing here in America. I remember about 2-3 years ago (and again recently) obesity groups were upset that two particular comedies that used fat people in them. I go back to what the Bible says - so much of what goes on is so absolutely absurd!

E

epouraniois

well, right, those who read the Bible and so comprehend where the hate comes from, it doesn't really matter if it is Iraqis, Brits, Americans or whoever, the hate doesn't come from the source generating love and compassion. It should be no wonder to anybody here that there is a great conspiracy at work in the highest places of authority and aristocracy (powers and principalities in the heavenly places). In other words, it is basically propaganda. Why single this one movie out, it is a known fact that American movies must be bootlegged in general if they want to see it anyways, making American propaganda pretty much a mute point.one thing that strike me concerning the overall message of Scripture, is that those building things in this world must be very cautious about what they are building upon. I mean, what is it that one is supporting? Someone is trying to build things on this earth, while the kingdom of His Dear Son awaits an end to the things of this world.300 is really a great story though, esp. for those who may discover history, nevertheless, I have not seen it either.

SilentFlight

Aug 13, 2006
I think when you come to terms with everyones interpretation is different eg the films and that you should worry about yourself rather than others it would be better. There are always going to be those dissing religion whether it comedy properganda or entertainment. Unfortuently it is something that occurs, if people worried about their own actions annd or talked about their feelings in certain situations rather than letting their emotions shape the response, perhaps this sort of thing would not occur so often.

Savate

Feb 18, 2007
I thought it was great...like German high opera.The movie was an amazingly accurate and faithful adaptation of the graphic novel (ie comic) by Frank Miller called "300" (same guy who did "Sin City" and the "Dark Knight; Batman" series of graphic novels). I highly recommend the book "Gates of Fire" by Stephen Pressfield (yes..the guy who wrote Legend of Bagger Vance) for an amazing novel about the Battle of Thermopylae.BTW, Frank Miller did not hide his feelings about the whole "clash of civilizations" in an interview on NPR.

Tyrel

Jan 16, 2007
(Denver;7950)
It probably is the greatest battle fought on this Earth between "secular" forces. I don't plan on seeing the movie because of the filth in it. I hate that they took such an amazing story and did what they did to it.
Well, if by 'secular' you mean 'not Christian... or Jewish' then I agree with you. However, to say that they weren't religious.... You might want to review that statement.Also, what do you mean about what the movie "did to it"?I honestly thought the movie was exceedingly epic for no good reason, and thus enjoyed it immensely.

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
This is the first I've heard of it and know nothing about it. I realize that some people don't have to know anything to have an opinion, but I try to reserve expressing an opinion when I actually have one.
smile.gif