7 Churches as Personality Types

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simply go back.
There is more to this answer . . .

Revelation 2:5 KJV
5) Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

Reflect on your life, on yourself. Remember how it used to be, when you were really in love with Jesus! Remember what your life was like, remember what you used to do, as you lived your life in love with Jesus. Do those things again! Let the doing of them re-awaken your love for Jesus Christ! Choosing to do the things you used to do will pull you back into that life once again. Because it's Jesus you are reaching out for, in your weakness, in your failure, yet still to return to Him.

It's a way to draw near to God even when your heart has grown cold. And as we draw near to Him, He will draw near to us.

Much love!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is possible that there is some personal advise written for you by Jesus. Do you want to take the chance you miss it?
There is no question that the letters to the seven churches have personal advice for every Christian and every church today. They are timeless.

Reactions: marks

David Boyer

Aug 27, 2022
Moncton,NB
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What a surprise!

May it be so!

Much love!

You really haven't read a thing I've posted have you? I don't believe I will be spared the tribulation, rather I will be killed sometime soon.
If DART goes all Bennu, then I will be out of here soon.
You probably know the Philadelphia church as the Faithful church. Total misreading of the scripture. It is the weak church that has done nothing more than not deny Christ.
I weep for my lack of service to God, but find the promises in Rev 3:12 to be what I have wanted since growing up in the church from the time I was a small child.
I would NOT advise Jesus to let me in to His kingdom, but he has promised He will and I am overcome every time I recall His grace.
I have no idea why He would want me as His bride... but by His grace alone... I accept the invitation.

David Boyer

Aug 27, 2022
Moncton,NB
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is more to this answer . . .

Revelation 2:5 KJV
5) Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

Reflect on your life, on yourself. Remember how it used to be, when you were really in love with Jesus! Remember what your life was like, remember what you used to do, as you lived your life in love with Jesus. Do those things again! Let the doing of them re-awaken your love for Jesus Christ! Choosing to do the things you used to do will pull you back into that life once again. Because it's Jesus you are reaching out for, in your weakness, in your failure, yet still to return to Him.

It's a way to draw near to God even when your heart has grown cold. And as we draw near to Him, He will draw near to us.

Much love!

That's great if you are of the church of Ephesus. Remember who these passages are written to. And it is as simple as going back.

David Boyer

Aug 27, 2022
Moncton,NB
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is a POV I've never heard before. Hardly one I can agree with. All Scripture is God-breathed. Make no mistake!

Much love!

Did you delete your trinity comment?
Why?
I don't even understand where the trinity comment comes from.

Is Revelation commanded by Jesus to be written?
Rev 1:19 sounds like a command by Jesus to me.

Yes Jesus is part of the Godhead, Is Yahweh the Holy Spirit or Jesus? Age old questions about the trinity... but I question the relevance in this discussion.

David Boyer

Aug 27, 2022
Moncton,NB
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is no question that the letters to the seven churches have personal advice for every Christian and every church today. They are timeless.

But why put them with the Apocalypse and say we are to overcome... unless they are specifically targeted to a specific people at a specific time.
What Church do you most identify with and why? I honestly would like to know. I have shared on these posts my views... The weak church of Philadelphia.
For I have done little for Gods kingdom and yet He opens the door for me. I am NOT worthy of walking through that door, but He becomes me to come.
I pray every time I go over this that He will not take me out of the tribulation so that I may be a support for my family. Even though He said He will remove that Church from the trials (Rev:3:10). I take that as I will die before SHTF. But I pray God would keep me with my family until the end. He knows what is best, what would make me fall, and will protect me from that. I don't know why. But that's why I don't have His job (and many many reasons beside).

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has anyone ever given thought to the 7 Churches in Rev 2+3 as advise to 7 different personality types that will be present in the Tribulational period?

7 different sets of advise and rewards to different types of Christians that need that extra encouragement or advise to get through. Each grouping is identified as a Church belonging to God's body, but many need correction before the end while others need encouragement to endure.

Not all persons feel the same in their faith and I see many God fearing Believers who fit the description of one or more of the Churches in Rev 2+3. Myself included.

Maybe take another read with this thought in mind. If you are honest about your faith journey, you will do this little bit of homework before answering. Keep an open mind to this idea and honestly ask yourself if you fit into one of these Churches before answering.
We are in the church age. So the 7 different churches depict where the church is today....imho. I believe we are in the Laodicean phase of the church.
The lukewarm church...:My2c:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the Church Age?

ANSWER

An “age” is an historical period of time or an era. Some historians divide human history into many epochs and name them according to their defining characteristics: Middle Ages, Modern Age, Postmodern Age, etc. Biblical history, too, can be divided into different eras. When those divisions emphasize God’s interaction with His creation, we call them dispensations. More broadly, biblical history can be divided into two periods, roughly following the division of Old and New Testaments: the Age of the Law and the Church Age.

The Church Age is the period of time from Pentecost (Acts 2) to the rapture (foretold in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18). It is called the Church Age because it covers the period in which the Church is on earth. It corresponds with the dispensation of Grace. In prophetic history, it falls between the 69th and 70th weeks of Daniel (Daniel 9:24-27; Romans 11). Jesus predicted the Church Age in Matthew 16:18 when He said, “I will build my church.” Jesus has kept His promise, and His Church has now been growing for almost 2,000 years.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
301231780_3464843940465606_9042609036821082175_n.jpg
AND the day we find that we accept that leaders wont preach PERFECT Doctrine that is the day LEAVEN TAKETH OVER .
THE DOCTRINE has to BE PERFECT . move over BUNNY , I say BIBLES UP . BIBLES UP BELIEVERS .
The day we make excuse for our leaders and their doctrine is the day LEAVEN TAKETH OVER . The peoples
may not be perfect , BUT THOSE WHO LEAD had better SET the example and preach PERFECT SOUND DOCTRINE
or that church AINT GONNA MAKE IT . PEROID . that means end of discussion .
I didnt leave churches that i would visit because it was not perfect , I LEFT cause the DOCTRINE contained leaven .
SEE i know no church is perfect , but if the leaders aint preaching good doctrine , and YES they refused simple correction ,
That church aint gonna make it . TOO many folks are WAY TOO TRUSTING IN MEN . THEY SHOULD have been TRUSTING IN GOD
and in the DOCTRINE IN THE BIBLE that HE INSPIRED .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

David Boyer

Aug 27, 2022
Moncton,NB
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What is the Church Age?

ANSWER

An “age” is an historical period of time or an era. Some historians divide human history into many epochs and name them according to their defining characteristics: Middle Ages, Modern Age, Postmodern Age, etc. Biblical history, too, can be divided into different eras. When those divisions emphasize God’s interaction with His creation, we call them dispensations. More broadly, biblical history can be divided into two periods, roughly following the division of Old and New Testaments: the Age of the Law and the Church Age.

The Church Age is the period of time from Pentecost (Acts 2) to the rapture (foretold in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18). It is called the Church Age because it covers the period in which the Church is on earth. It corresponds with the dispensation of Grace. In prophetic history, it falls between the 69th and 70th weeks of Daniel (Daniel 9:24-27; Romans 11). Jesus predicted the Church Age in Matthew 16:18 when He said, “I will build my church.” Jesus has kept His promise, and His Church has now been growing for almost 2,000 years.

Irrelevant to the discussion. But okay. I think you have a few things off, but okay.

David Boyer

Aug 27, 2022
Moncton,NB
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
AND the day we find that we accept that leaders wont preach PERFECT Doctrine that is the day LEAVEN TAKETH OVER .
THE DOCTRINE has to BE PERFECT . move over BUNNY , I say BIBLES UP . BIBLES UP BELIEVERS .
The day we make excuse for our leaders and their doctrine is the day LEAVEN TAKETH OVER . The peoples
may not be perfect , BUT THOSE WHO LEAD had better SET the example and preach PERFECT SOUND DOCTRINE
or that church AINT GONNA MAKE IT . PEROID . that means end of discussion .
I didnt leave churches that i would visit because it was not perfect , I LEFT cause the DOCTRINE contained leaven .
SEE i know no church is perfect , but if the leaders aint preaching good doctrine , and YES they refused simple correction ,
That church aint gonna make it . TOO many folks are WAY TOO TRUSTING IN MEN . THEY SHOULD have been TRUSTING IN GOD
and in the DOCTRINE IN THE BIBLE that HE INSPIRED .

Nice commentary. Irrelevant to the discussion.
Seriously, does anyone read the OP. There was some homework in there.

David Boyer

Aug 27, 2022
Moncton,NB
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We are in the church age. So the 7 different churches depict where the church is today....imho. I believe we are in the Laodicean phase of the church.
The lukewarm church...:My2c:

And why do you equate yourself with the lukewarm church? Because of the admonishment, the counsel, the reward?
There is homework to this thread.

David Boyer

Aug 27, 2022
Moncton,NB
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Very theological if Jesus commanded these letters to the end times churches. Kinda relevant to today and the issues we will face these next few years, if not months.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice commentary. Irrelevant to the discussion.
Seriously, does anyone read the OP. There was some homework in there.
Just a simple response to the post of the lady .
Here is another response , HOPE YOu agree with it .
IF i came preaching another jesus , that one cannot save .
ANYMORE than if one is looking for a good plumber. And then one says JOSE RODRIGUEZ is your man .
SO they go into the phone book and call upon the first jose rodriguez they see . Down here in san angelo
WE GOT US MANY names that are jose rodriguez , BUT IT DONT MAKE THEM ALL the PLUMBER I NEED to fix ME PLUMBING .
SO my advice is , we stop just trusting in all these other jesus that many churches are preaching
and HOW BOUT WE LEARN THE ONE IN THE BIBLE . cause no other jose rodrigues is the man i need to fix my plumbing
WELL NO OTHER JESUS CAN SAVE EITHER . OPEN THY BIBLES and GET BUSY LEARNING
or sit under men and be prepared at your end to be A BURNING . That actually rhymes . AND ITS A REAL GOOD RHYME TOO .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very theological if Jesus commanded these letters to the end times churches. Kinda relevant to today and the issues we will face these next few years, if not months.
That is true . so many folks act like those messages are either not for us today
or they are versions of church ages . NOPE . IT ALL APPLIES TO US as much as it did to them . And that is a fact .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you delete your trinity comment?
Why?
I don't even understand where the trinity comment comes from.

Is Revelation commanded by Jesus to be written?
Rev 1:19 sounds like a command by Jesus to me.

Yes Jesus is part of the Godhead, Is Yahweh the Holy Spirit or Jesus? Age old questions about the trinity... but I question the relevance in this discussion.
Who Authored the Bible?

You appear to hold the Revelation as some "higher" form of Scripture, however, All the Bible is God's Word to man. There isn't some "hierarchy" of one book over another.

Do you see some sort of "conflict" that must be "settled"?

The some One Who told John to write is the same One Who told Moses to write, and told Jeremiah, and all the others.

Much love!

Last edited:

David Boyer

Aug 27, 2022
Moncton,NB
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Who Authored the Bible?

You appear to hold the Revelation as some "higher" form of Scripture, however, All the Bible is God's Word to man. There isn't some "hierarchy" of one book over another.

Much love!

So you refuse to answer questions.
The Bible has many authors. Most books are inspired by God. Only one NT book is dictated by Jesus and is not authored as such but transcibed.
That does place Revelation in a different class of writing. Higher? No. But then again "Scripture" only truly applies to the OT as Paul was not speaking of his own writings.