700 km (434.96 miles) traffic jam in France

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A 700km traffic jam in France, as people try to flee Paris before lockdown and residents try to get back into Paris on time.

700km (434.96 miles) traffic jam?! Thank God I don't live in Paris or anywhere near it.

700km traffic jam in Paris ahead of lockdown
A record-breaking traffic jam ensnarled Paris last night as residents fled the capital in their thousands or tried to return to the city ahead of a 9pm curfew and lockdown on Thursday night (early Friday morning AEDT).

Local media said the jams stretched as far as 700km, breaking a previous record for traffic jams set during transport strikes. Thousands of Parisians were reportedly leaving the city, preferring to spend lockdown in the countryside or regional areas rather than urban apartments. Many others were racing home early from France's school holidays which end on the weekend.

France is now in a second national lockdown with around 50,000 new cases reported daily and hundreds of deaths.

Elsewhere in the city, there were reports of packed bars and restaurants as residents enjoyed a final night out before pubs and eateries were shut down.

700km traffic jam snarls Paris as residents flee lockdown

Reactions: JohnDB

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They also were again having issues with Islamic terrorism.

But many of the highways are not updated.
Trying to fit modern vehicles on 2,000+ year old roads?

Reactions: Josho

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
They also were again having issues with Islamic terrorism.

But many of the highways are not updated.
Trying to fit modern vehicles on 2,000+ year old roads?

Yep, I heard, it's really sad, what happened in the Middle East and Africa, is now happening in France.

And living in Australia I have not tried driving on 2000 year old roads.