A difficult one to hear, not for the faint hearted

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A difficult thing to write but needs to be said.

Religion is not Gods doing. God isn’t that foolish, though man tends to make Him seem that way.
Now, I wonder how many people from whatever denomination would be able to stand before God and say,
Our church murdered the prophets, killed the saints, but that’s ok God after all its your church.
We slaughtered the Jews, sold and are still selling salvation at a price, but that’s ok God after all it is your church.
We molest children, commit adultery, tell lies and preach to itchy ears, things that we want to hear, but that’s ok God after all it is your church.
We murdered and tortured those that would not join, if they questioned us we burnt them at the stake, but that’s ok God after all we are still your church.
We would not allow others to read the bible or any text lest they discovered us, and we killed anyone that tried, but again that is ok God after all it is your church.
We only taught in latin, oh it sounded so good, we seemed to be so holy but we didn’t want them to know, they had to come to us, we couldn’t afford that they discover you and seek you for themselves, but that is ok God after all we are your church.
And we became so rich and built these magnificent temples to heaven so all the world could see how Holy we are, are you not proud of what we have done, oh and we even help the poor with whats left over, see God we are your church are we not?.
And the clothes we ware, you should look God, we dress so grand so that the world can see who we are, purple, and scarlet, black and Gold no expense spared, for the people must know our “position”, musnt they, after all God we are your church and we must show them who we are.
And we have priests and apostles, bishops, and clergyman. Pastors and prophets, we send them to the best schools, no expense spared, we teach them the bible, and what we want them to know, we don’t need you God cause we have the best right here on earth, and since we are your Church it must be ok.
So God I guess we must be going to heaven since we belong to at least one of these denomination which although we all preach a different gospel, hold different beliefs and sometimes even use a different bible, it is all ok, God we are your church.

And Jesus said,

Joh 8:41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
Joh 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
Joh 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Joh 8:45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
Joh 8:46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?
Joh 8:47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Rev 18:1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.
Rev 18:2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
Rev 18:3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
Rev 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
Rev 18:5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.
Rev 18:6 Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.
Rev 18:7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.
Rev 18:8 Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

I hope for your sake you are not found in her when He comes.

In all His Love

This is to all the false churches, denominations.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
mjrhealth said:
Now, I wonder how many people from whatever denomination would be able to stand before God and say,
Our church murdered the prophets, killed the saints, but that’s ok God after all its your church.
Why would you want to say such things? Jesus pointed to the scribes and Pharisees being those who killed the prophets. And those false ones continued to persecute Christ's Church thereafter also! (and still today too!!!).
mjrhealth said:
We slaughtered the Jews, sold and are still selling salvation at a price, but that’s ok God after all it is your church.
Who slaughtered the Jews? It was the Jews that slaughtered the prophets, but not all Jews, not all Israel were guilty in that. Heck, even the majority of the tribes of Israel were abroad scattered among the Gentiles when the false Jews in Jerusalem had my Lord Jesus crucified!
mjrhealth said:
We molest children, commit adultery, tell lies and preach to itchy ears, things that we want to hear, but that’s ok God after all it is your church.
Maybe you ought to look at early European history after Christ's resurrection and note what the 'unbelieving Jews' were practicing in Europe that caused the governments to expell them out of their nations. Talking about lies and corruptions, man!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
mjrhealth said:
We murdered and tortured those that would not join, if they questioned us we burnt them at the stake, but that’s ok God after all we are still your church.
More Jewish propaganda that is.

FACT: The Jewish professor of law Adam Wieshaupt founded his Illuminati order in attempt to overthrow Christianity, the monarchs, and governments of Christian Europe in the 18th century (see evidence per John Robison's Proofs Of A Conspiracy written in 1798 from captured police documents of the Bavarian Illuminati).
mjrhealth said:
We would not allow others to read the bible or any text lest they discovered us, and we killed anyone that tried, but again that is ok God after all it is your church.
We only taught in latin, oh it sounded so good, we seemed to be so holy but we didn’t want them to know, they had to come to us, we couldn’t afford that they discover you and seek you for themselves, but that is ok God after all we are your church.
What does all that matter since you are attacking all the Christian "denominations" anyway???

Why don't you take your Jewish hatreds somewhere else? They don't belong on a CHRISTIAN FORUM.

Reactions: KingJ

tom55

Love your neighbor as yourself
Sep 9, 2013
mjrhealth

I am a simple man and truly don't understand the reason for your post nor the meaning of it. Could you simplify it in one or two short sentences? And I have the same question that Dodo David asked that you didn't answer......Which churches and denominations? Also, why do you end your post by saying, "In all His Love"? What does that saying mean to you when you say it?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I ask you do one thing, read about the history of todays church and how it came about, ask Jesus about the old wine and teh new, the old way and the new, and ask for understanding. And how is this Jewish bashing?????? Se that religious spirit comes out so angry and bitter, doesnt want the people to know the truth. Where wil you be found, with Christ clean and spotless or with man and His church , spotted and naked.

If you dont know the love of Christ I cant help you.

In ALl His Love - mine is insufficient.

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
mjrhealth said:
I ask you do one thing, read about the history of todays church and how it came about, ask Jesus about the old wine and teh new, the old way and the new, and ask for understanding. And how is this Jewish bashing?????? Se that religious spirit comes out so angry and bitter, doesnt want the people to know the truth. Where wil you be found, with Christ clean and spotless or with man and His church , spotted and naked.

If you dont know the love of Christ I cant help you.

In ALl His Love - mine is insufficient.

You are dodging the question.

Are you saying that all churches and denominations in existence today are false?

There are only two ways to answer my question, either "Yes" or "No". Now, what is your answer?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What answer would you like, the one that agrees with you or the truth??

NO,

Christ has one Church, not built by the hands of men, not run by men and has but one head, Christ.

When He comes where will you be found in church or at His feet.

In all His Love

day

Aug 2, 2012
Idaho, USA
What is your definition of "religion"? My understanding is that it involves what we call ritual or organized corporate worship. You say God has nothing to do with this. How then do you explain the book of Leviticus? It is God's ritual directory. Also Jesus gave instruction for a ritual, namely what we call the Eucharist, and the letters of Paul refer to an organizational structure of bishops, elders, and deacons.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
mjrhealth said:
What answer would you like, the one that agrees with you or the truth??

NO,

Christ has one Church, not built by the hands of men, not run by men and has but one head, Christ.

When He comes where will you be found in church or at His feet.

In all His Love
So are you saying you are in Christ's Church .... and everybody else is not ... ??

Reactions: tom55

tom55

Love your neighbor as yourself
Sep 9, 2013
I think Arnie Manitoba called this one right. I was expecting mjrhealth to say that they are the only one in Christ's Church and no one else is. There is no church that meets up to their standards. That is why they don't go to church!

Maybe mjrhealth could start his/her own church and then we would see the true church on earth.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
tom55 I dont need to start any church man has enough differnt ways to heaven, Jesus said he was the only way.
And there is no church that meets Gods standard, He warned us, but He also said, the people love it that way.

But than so many christans walk after the flesh, teh wheat and teh tares, He is seperating them, if Jesus was real to you , than you would be found following Him and not after man, what was it He said.

Joh 3:12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

In all His Love

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Religion is our response to God. It is far from perfect, but it is our response - like a child that draws a picture for his parents, no one expects a work of art.

Mjrhealth, I like you posts that focus on a relationship with God, but your hatred for the church is short sighted and tells me more about your view of yourself than the church. It is okay for us to express our love towards God using the language of religion - no need to be so self loathing that we end up burying our treasure rather than multiplying it. Religion may be ugly, but God is still in love with our response - who knows we may find religion hanging on Heaven's refrigerator when we get there.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
So Moses, all the OT prophets, Paul and all the disciples that stressed the importance to gather were not instructed by God?

Jesus ensured Peter fully grasped the need to gather John 21:17. Paul could not be clearer Heb 10:25.

Hammering the Catholic church is simply naivity at the maximum. Either the devil is behind the Catholic church or Jesus is. Now let's see, do they lift up Jesus or the devil? With big churches comes the need for some structure. With the influence the Catholic church had on nations, it was clear to Kings that they needed to get them on their side in wars. Are their corrupt Catholics, of course. But to throw the baby out with the bath water = madness. You think you are holier then a nun? priest? Someone who has publicly confessed their committment to a God fearing life of extreme personal sacrifice? Don't fool yourself.

People who make a public stance for God open themselves up to attack by all. Sitting at home you have no enemies. Nobody can make false accusations of you because you have done nothing!

Meditate on this scripture 1 Thess 5:12-13 We ask you, brothers, to respect those who labor among you and are over you in the Lord and admonish you, and to esteem them very highly in love because of their work. Be at peace among yourselves.

1 Tim 5:17-20 Let the elders who rule well be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in preaching and teaching. For the Scripture says, “You shall not muzzle an ox when it treads out the grain,” and, “The laborer deserves his wages.” Do not admit a charge against an elder except on the evidence of two or three witnesses. As for those who persist in sin, rebuke them in the presence of all, so that the rest may stand in fear.

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
For what it is worth, the Roman Catholic Church is just one branch of the universal Church.

The latter includes Messianic Jews, Anglican Christians, Protestant Christians, Eastern Orthodox Christian and Oriental Orthodox Christians, as well as Roman Catholic Christians.

Anyway, the claim that "there is no church that meets Gods standard" is the opinion of one person. Nothing compels me to accept that opinion.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Dodo_David said:
For what it is worth, the Roman Catholic Church is just one branch of the universal Church.

The latter includes Messianic Jews, Anglican Christians, Protestant Christians, Eastern Orthodox Christian and Oriental Orthodox Christians, as well as Roman Catholic Christians.

Anyway, the claim that "there is no church that meets Gods standard" is the opinion of one person. Nothing compels me to accept that opinion.
If I could add to that , I would say there is not even one human anywhere that meets "God's standard"

We have a hodge podge of denominations but so did the early church when we read revelation ... and for a good example of a bad church the first Corinthian Church is it.

If something could be done wrong they did it.

Yet none of them were told they were not saved , and the author thanked God for His abundant grace 1 Corinthians 1:4

It gives me comfort that my failings are not as bad as "those other guys failings" :)