A favorite holiday

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps it is not fair to say we like a certain holiday over another, because there is some purpose for all of them, so a person might like all of them for different reasons. This is also true of the Lord our God, and talking to Him about how He feels is interesting. It gets His perspective. And it turns out that He like to give you His perspective. He will even wake you up in the middle of the night to have some quite time to cover His perspective on things. It is that important to Him. So it is that I am up in the middle of the night.

I guess I probably put the question to Him yesterday on the way to the post office. A radio personality was talking about how some are calling Thanksgiving a day of morning, because to them it meant the unjustified killing of the Indians by the White man.

Was that what it was? And so my question had gone out to the Lord. Of course I was busy then, but not now. It is the middle of the night now and I got woken up with His comments on Thanksgiving and what it means to Him. Indeed He woke me up saying how Thanksgiving was perhaps His favorite holiday.

Now that was a surprise to me. He did then go into the part about "Perhaps it is not fair to say we like a certain holiday over another, because there is some purpose for all of them". I got the start of this from Him. Christmas and Easter are certainly more important holidays for men, because without Him taking on flesh and dying on the cross to be resurrected, we don't get to heaven. We men needed the sacrifice and the forgiveness, but that doesn't mean that He like taking on flesh and going to the cross. It was needed, and He did it, and it was important, because we needed the forgiveness so He gave up His life willingly.

Yet what is the meaning of Thanksgiving?

Is it the unforgiveness of one another over events that took place and people dying hundreds of years ago, or it is thanking God (Him) for the provisions He gives for life today?

Satan is a murderer, so people listen to the wrong spirit and fight. They fight over land, but that will not help you in the long run. They fight because they look different and have different cultures, but again that is not going to help you in the long run. So to make thanksgiving a memorial over fighting and dying hundreds of years ago is not from Him. If anyone did seek Him, even back then, they have a place with Him now, and if they listened to that old snake, they don't. Thanking Him, the Lord our God, for killing is like thanking Him for being able to serve Satan since they want to.

Yet if thanksgiving is a memorial over a time, no matter how brief, when separate peoples decided to not fight and to give and thank God for what they had, then that is a holiday that He really likes!! If thanksgiving is a holiday where people can gather around as one and again create relationships, friendships, and thank God (Him) for what they do have, then that is like a favorite holiday to Him.

That type of holiday does not require killing, but it may require forgiving, and it requires sharing, helping, and some unity. That is the kind of holiday that 'He can get into', He explained. So what is behind those things, if not His Spirit. Yet if someone, anyone, remakes it into unforgiveness, creating hostility, accusations, and dividing instead of uniting people, then where will they be hundreds of years from now? He said He had a place for them too. When they go to sleep with their fathers, where are they going to be? Is their father the devil or are they going to listen to Him and be raised by Him?

Perhaps thanksgiving is a time of morning for them? Yet for His children, should it not be a time to remember to thank Him for the provision of life that you have now, and will have for eternity. Morning the dead can be done when their provision ran out.

So let's makes it about thanking God now, and maybe our provision for life eternal will not run out. And that part He brought up about sleeping, sounds pretty good right now, in the middle of the night. Though this time it is with my wife. So back to bed I go.

Happy thanks giving people.