A Fresh Look At Salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
gumby said:
kay-gee;75258]Tell me this kay-gee does water do the saving or does christ? john the baptist even humbles himself saying that he only baptizes with water but jesus baptizes with fire and the holy spirit said:
Sorry I didn't realize that all those verses were wrong! All we need is YOUR opinion to be saved.

all the best...

Those verses are fact, i dare you to find me one place in scripture that says that water does the saving and that you need to be baptized through some preacher.

Romans 6:2-5 ( YLT )
let it not be! we who died to the sin—how shall we still live in it?
are ye ignorant that we, as many as were baptized to Christ Jesus, to his death were baptized?
we were buried together, then, with him through the baptism to the death, that even as Christ was raised up out of the dead through the glory of the Father, so also we in newness of life might walk.
For, if we have become planted together to the likeness of his death, so also we shall be of the rising again;

Titus 3:5 ( YLT )
(not by works that are in righteousness that we did but according to His kindness,) He did save us, through a bathing of regeneration, and a renewing of the Holy Spirit,

1 Peter 3:18-21 ( KJV )
For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

As I said, it is not the water but what God does while we are in the water.

gumby

May 29, 2009
Butch5 said:
gumby said:
Me and my good work buddy were just talking about this, i beleive that there is more to the bible than salvation but that salvation through jesus is the most important part of the bible. We are baptized with fire and the holy spirit and washed of all our sins through christ death on the cross. Not tp be rude as well but water baptism is purly for symbolic purposes speaking out publicaly to a church or community. There is no need of water baptism as long as your baptized through jesus and in the name of jesus.

God bless :)

Actually salvation is not the most important issue in the Bible, it is a secondary issue, a means to an end. Then primary issue in the Bible is the Kingdom of God. Jesus and that apostles preached the kingdom of God, not personal salvation. Salvation is an issue but not the main one. Having said that Can you show me where Scripture teaches that baptism is symbolic? I know of no Scripture that teaches such. I do however see where Scripture teaches that it is a representation of Spiritual baptism.

Read my mpost number 35 all those scriptures that i posted have the word wah or washing in it, thats what christ did when he came on the cross he gave us the opertunity to WASH away our sins in his name. and 1st Corinthians 15:67 speaks of victory in christ so salvarion applies there because without christ death on the cross there would be no victory.

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
gumby said:
Butch5 said:
gumby said:
Me and my good work buddy were just talking about this, i beleive that there is more to the bible than salvation but that salvation through jesus is the most important part of the bible. We are baptized with fire and the holy spirit and washed of all our sins through christ death on the cross. Not tp be rude as well but water baptism is purly for symbolic purposes speaking out publicaly to a church or community. There is no need of water baptism as long as your baptized through jesus and in the name of jesus.

Actually salvation is not the most important issue in the Bible, it is a secondary issue, a means to an end. Then primary issue in the Bible is the Kingdom of God. Jesus and that apostles preached the kingdom of God, not personal salvation. Salvation is an issue but not the main one. Having said that Can you show me where Scripture teaches that baptism is symbolic? I know of no Scripture that teaches such. I do however see where Scripture teaches that it is a representation of Spiritual baptism.

Read my mpost number 35 all those scriptures that i posted have the word wah or washing in it, thats what christ did when he came on the cross he gave us the opertunity to WASH away our sins in his name. and 1st Corinthians 15:67 speaks of victory in christ so salvarion applies there because without christ death on the cross there would be no victory.

No, that's not what Christ did on the cross, that is washed with water. Titus 3:5 literally translates the bath of regeneration, and Eph. 5:26 says, the washing of water by the word. The word here is not Jesus. It is the Greek word "Rhema" not "Logos". Rhema means the written word. These are references to water baptism.

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
forgivenWretch said:
There is not a solitary scripture anywhere declaring it saves either

Titus 3:5 ( KJV )
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

gumby

May 29, 2009
Butch5 said:
gumby said:
Butch5 said:
gumby said:

No, that's not what Christ did on the cross, that is washed with water. Titus 3:5 literally translates the bath of regeneration, and Eph. 5:26 says, the washing of water by the word. The word here is not Jesus. It is the Greek word "Rhema" not "Logos". Rhema means the written word. These are references to water baptism.

Are you saying that christ cant forgive and wash away all sins? are you saying that christ death on the cross accomplished no victory over death hell and the grave witch is satan. I have a few scriptures for you that prove otherwise butch. Psalms 51:7, Revelation 7:14, Revelation 22:14, Hebrews 9:14 and 1st John 1:7

Good day

kay-gee

Oct 23, 2009
Revelation 22:14 Great verse...bad for your position! One of Jesus commandments, in fact half of the great commission is water baptism!

all the best...

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
gumby said:
Butch5 said:
gumby said:
Butch5 said:
gumby said:

Are you saying that christ cant forgive and wash away all sins? are you saying that christ death on the cross accomplished no victory over death hell and the grave witch is satan. I have a few scriptures for you that prove otherwise butch. Psalms 51:7, Revelation 7:14, Revelation 22:14, Hebrews 9:14 and 1st John 1:7

Good day

No friend, that is not what I am saying, I don't know how you drew that conclusion.

Are you saying that Christ cant forgive and wash away all sins?

No, I am not. I am saying that Christ can and does forgive sins, however, He does so according to His word.

are you saying that Christ death on the cross accomplished no victory over death hell and the grave witch is satan. I have a few scriptures for you that prove otherwise butch. Psalms 51:7, Revelation 7:14, Revelation 22:14, Hebrews 9:14 and 1st John 1:7

No, I am not. What I am saying is that the verses you posted show that baptism is more than just a symbol. It is the point at which Christ forgives sins.

Glenn

Apr 5, 2009
The time period issue of repentence, and water baptism that was preached to the circumcision was still under the imputed sins of the law, and a issue with that generation for taking part in the killing the Prince of life, it was between Christ and His own brethern that rejected Him.

Peter preached water baptism for the remission of those sins imputed to that generation of the house of Israel, and Judah, an in house issue that doesn't apply today where the imputation of the law is no longer an issue, the mixing of law and grace is the problem.

We know that the restrictions of the OT on the flesh was still being honored by the apostles until Peters vision, in the which God showed him that the once unclean gentiles was now clean through Christs sacrifice; This was the start of the OT fading away concerning these types, and shadows, and even Genesis 12:3 would be done away with as well after the full measure of grace was understood, which leaves all the ordinances nailed to the cross not just some, all, the shadows like water baptism, and circumcision faded away with the new testament of the Spirit concerning salvation.

Now if your speaking of Gods covenant people Israel then we have merit in saying it is an issue with them when their covenant is established at Christs return, but even their adamic salvation has nothing to do with water baptism, or circumcision, but they do have promises, and covenants that are seperate from the gentile nations, and the heavenly One new man where you have neither jew or gentile, and no ritual ordinances.

Glen.

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
Glenn said:
The time period issue of repentence, and water baptism that was preached to the circumcision was still under the imputed sins of the law, and a issue with that generation for taking part in the killing the Prince of life, it was between Christ and His own brethern that rejected Him.

Peter preached water baptism for the remission of those sins imputed to that generation of the house of Israel, and Judah, an in house issue that doesn't apply today where the imputation of the law is no longer an issue, the mixing of law and grace is the problem.

We know that the restrictions of the OT on the flesh was still being honored by the apostles until Peters vision, in the which God showed him that the once unclean gentiles was now clean through Christs sacrifice; This was the start of the OT fading away concerning these types, and shadows, and even Genesis 12:3 would be done away with as well after the full measure of grace was understood, which leaves all the ordinances nailed to the cross not just some, all, the shadows like water baptism, and circumcision faded away with the new testament of the Spirit concerning salvation.

Now if your speaking of Gods covenant people Israel then we have merit in saying it is an issue with them when their covenant is established at Christs return, but even their adamic salvation has nothing to do with water baptism, or circumcision, but they do have promises, and covenants that are seperate from the gentile nations, and the heavenly One new man where you have neither jew or gentile, and no ritual ordinances.

Glen.

Maybe you can explain then why Peter baptized Cornelius and his household? Also why did Paul have Gentiles baptized?

kay-gee

Oct 23, 2009
Butch5 said:
Glenn said:

Glen.

Maybe you can explain then why Peter baptized Cornelius and his household? Also why did Paul have Gentiles baptized?
Glenn said:

Glen.

Nope! Acts 2:39 blows that theory right out of the water.

all the best...

rob

Sep 2, 2009
Romans 5:10; For if we, being enemies, were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more we will be saved in His life, having been reconciled.
An enemy needs reconciliation, which includes propitiation and forgiveness but goes further, even to resolving the conflict between two parties. Our being reconciled to God is based on Christ's redemption and was accomplished through God's justification (Rom. 3:24; 2 Cor. 5:18-19) Reconciliation is the result of being justified out of faith.
God's full salvation revealed in this book consists of two sections: one section is the redemption accomplished for us by Christ's death, and the other section is the saving afforded us by Christ's life. The first four chapters of Romans discourse comprehensively regarding the redemption accomplished by Christ's death, whereas the last twelve chapters speak in detail concerning the saving afforded by Christ's life. Before 5:11, Paul shows us that we are saved because we have been redeemed, justified, and reconciled to God. However, we have not yet been saved to the extent of being sanctified, transformed, and conformed to the image of God's Son. Redemption, justification, and reconciliation, which are accomplished outside of us, by the death of Christ, redeem us objectively; sanctification, transformation and conformation, which are accomplished within us by the working of Christ's life, save us subjectively.
Objective redemption redeems us positionally from condemnation and eternal punishment, subjective salvation saves us dispositionally from our old man, our self, and our natural life.
Being reconciled to God through Christ's death is an accomplished matter, but being saved in His life from so many negative things unto glorification is a daily matter.
To be saved in Christ's life is to be saved in Christ Himself as life. He dwells in us, and we are organically one with Him. By the growth of His life in us, we will enjoy His full salvation to the uttermost. Redemption, justification, and reconciliation are for the purpose of bringing us into union with Christ so that He can save us in His life unto glorification (8:30).
After death is spoken of in the first part of this verse, life is mentioned. Christ died that He might be our life in resurrection. We have been saved by Christ's death from God's eternal judgment and eternal punishment; but we are still being saved by Christ's life in His resurrection