A Hard Command To Follow

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Guestman said:
Why is it that "Christians" (as on this and other forums) are the ones that show so much hate ? One reason could be that the unscriptural belief in a torturous "hellfire" could be a trigger, as well as the religious leaders of Christendom inciting their members to go to war, physically venting their hatred toward others and being able to justify it in the eyes of the "church"(but not in God's eyes).

For example, Just before the 2011 Christmas celebrations, fighting broke out among some 100 priests and monks of rival denominations in the Church of the Nativity, Bethlehem. “It was a trivial problem that . . . occurs every year,” said a police lieutenant-colonel. “No one was arrested because all those involved were men of God.”(REUTERS NEWS SERVICE, U.S.A, Dec 28, 2011) These so-called "men of God" showed their true character, just as the Jewish religious leaders displayed theirs and in which Jesus said to them: "I well know that you do not have the love of God in you."(John 5:42)

And when speaking with the Jews, who were in a covenant relationship with Jehovah God, but who exhibited hate, Jesus said sternly: "If God were your Father, you would love me, for from God I came forth and am here. Neither have I come of my own initiative at all, but One sent me forth....You are from your father, the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father. That one was a manslayer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him.When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition."(John 8:42, 44)

The same is true of the churches of Christendom, who have instilled, not a genuine love for God, whereby they have hidden his name Jehovah and supplanted it with "Lord" or "God" in their Bibles, but have sent off their young men to war, to "become sharers with the demons".(1 Cor 10:20) They have not taught their members to put on the "new personality" ("new man", KJV) that imitates Jesus.(Col 3:10)
It simply shows or proves that there are many that are goats but speak like lambs.
I find it easier to witness to those that don't know the truth "not born of the Spirit" but are so put off by the enemies infiltration of the churches today they wouldn't consider seeking the truth in a denominational type church, much less set foot in one.

I find it amusing that many of the unsaved are not deceived into thinking the churches today hold the promise of the truth. The ones deceived in many cases are those that follow the one that looks like a lamb "He had two horns like a lamb, but he spoke like a dragon Rev 13:11

Don't misunderstand me there are fruitful ministries but IMO there not in the spotlight nor are they the majority

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
I think we are all on the same page about the love aspect of Christianity

In the OP the topic was regarding what we should do when somebody nearby is is very hard to love.

If they are Christians we could simply try to avoid them .... or we could be honest and tell them why they are so irritating.

Very few Christians are that honest. We prefer to back-stab and tell everybody else about the irritating person .

If the person is not a christian are we to express love regardless ?

Are there any places in the New Testament that as much as says ..... "buzz off mister ..... you are going to hell anyway"

Has anyone ever been around an old hen-pecker who spends their whole church life 'bitchin' that the KJV is the only real bible ?

What do you do ?? Love them endlessly and let them continue to disrupt everything for the next 30 years ?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
IMO the best way to love people who have hurt you, is to forgive them and forget that it ever happened Mark 11:25-26. Jesus has done this for us many times...we ought to do the same for others.

Has anyone ever been around an old hen-pecker who spends their whole church life 'bitchin' that the KJV is the only real bible ?
What do you do ?? Love them endlessly and let them continue to disrupt everything for the next 30 years ?
This sounds like a young believer Arnie...even though they may be older in years and in their Christian walk. They have not grown much from here and may need to be given a little more grace. ^_^

BB

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“A Hard Command To Follow”
I thought Jesus says My Commands are not burdensome - My Yoke is Easy and My 'Burden'(another word is better here but I don't know at the moment) is Light(not heavy).

And when in love , what might have been long and strenuous difficult work , well, >>

Genesis 29:20 King James Version (KJV)

20 And Jacob served seven years for Rachel; and they seemed unto him but a few days, for the love he had to her.
King James Version (KJV)

Public Domain
Genesis 29:20 in all English translations

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Matthew 11:25-30: - Jesus Gives True Rest

25 At that time Jesus answered and said, "I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes. 26 Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight. 27 All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him. 28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

Jesus knew of the heavy burden that was prophesied for all of Israel because of the visitation of their iniquities upon them for their continual idolatrous worship up and until the time of Christ. Their heavy burden would last for a further two ages, but they would not repent of their sin.

As for Jacob loving Rachel more than he loved Leah, well Leah had weak eyes like his father, and so he initially rejected her, but it was Leah who he buried in the Cave at Hebron while Rachel we buried under a heap of rock son his way to see his father.

Jacob was dysfunctional with respect to his love of his wives and his sons and that caused him much pain.