A heavenly vision

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really dont care what you think.
Just be sure you dont make a statement about me, or what i teach, that is a lie.
Never say that i teach that "faith Saves".
Otherwise, rant all you like.

You may think about this..

"The work of God is that you believe on Jesus, whom God Sent".

And if you dont believe ? You are this.. John 3:36

Sorry Behold I got you wrong then. So then faith doesn't save us. That's a good start. God saves us if we do as he asked of us. And he does ask a lot of things of his followers as I have pointed out. Please carefully read thru the following for works meet for repentance:

Matthew 25:31-46

New International Version

The Sheep and the Goats
31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
saves us if we do as he asked of us. .

Can you make yourself as Righteous as God, if you have sinned?

Have you sinned?
You. Im talking to you.......Devin553344....>Have YOU SINNED?

Then show me a work you can do, or a deed you can perform, or a water baptism pool, that can deal with that sin.
And how many have you committed?

So, the reason a person doesn't go to heaven, is because they or you have not allowed God, to resolve your sin issue., as you can't do it for yourself, unless you are the Sinless, Virgin Born, Son of God, sent here to DIE on the CROSS for YOUR SIN.
If that is not you, then you need to get away from all this STUFF you think you are doing that God will accept, to accept you.
HE WONT.
How do you know?
Because THE CROSS Proves that your works are FILTHY......every one of them.
You have to have what CHRIST Has done, on the Cross, applied to you......or you will not go to heaven.
Thats a fact.
"you must be BORN AGAIN".

Works need not apply.
Church membership need not apply.
Water Baptism, need not apply.
Commandment keeping need not apply.

What can wash away your sin, Devin553344 ?
Only the Blood and Death of Jesus.
Trust NOTHING ELSE< and you have given God your faith, and God will accept it and give you the new birth. (Born again).

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you make yourself as Righteous as God, if you have sinned?

Have you sinned?
You. Im talking to you.......Devin553344....>Have YOU SINNED?

Then show me a work you can do, or a deed you can perform, or a water baptism pool, that can deal with that sin.
And how many have you committed?

So, the reason a person doesn't go to heaven, is because they or you have not allowed God, to resolve your sin issue., as you can't do it for yourself, unless you are the Sinless, Virgin Born, Son of God, sent here to DIE on the CROSS for YOUR SIN.
If that is not you, then you need to get away from all this STUFF you think you are doing that God will accept, to accept you.
HE WONT.
How do you know?
Because THE CROSS Proves that your works are FILTHY......every one of them.
You have to have what CHRIST Has done, on the Cross, applied to you......or you will not go to heaven.
Thats a fact.
"you must be BORN AGAIN".

Works need not apply.
Church membership need not apply.
Water Baptism, need not apply.
Commandment keeping need not apply.

What can wash away your sin, Devin553344 ?
Only the Blood and Death of Jesus.
Trust NOTHING ELSE< and you have given God your faith, and God will accept it and give you the new birth. (Born again).
I definitely don't believe what you are describing here as the bible points out clearly that that is incorrect:

Acts 2:38

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Have there been people that the Holy Ghost fell on before baptism? Yes and then they were commanded to be baptized to full fill all righteousness.

Acts 10:47-48

47 “Surely no one can stand in the way of their being baptized with water. They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have.” 48 So he ordered that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked Peter to stay with them for a few days.

But to answer your question: Every time we forsake the poor in our lives we sin, pride, envy, coveting thoughts, etc etc etc. In fact we all sin daily and die daily as Paul described (1 Corinthians 15:31). And we need to repent. Sure I have done it and I have repented. In fact it is a continual daily process of doing works meet for repentance. So your question, will works save you, no but not providing good works seems enough to get people thrown into hell!

Matthew 3:7-10

7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:

9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

10 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ask yourself why there is no Cross of Christ in your Posts, Threads, or Religion?

You need figure this out., asap.
Why didn't I choose a picture of Jesus as my avatar? Because I am unworthy, a sinner that knows he is in need of mercy from God. I would never reference a cross for myself either. It is a rite of those that have been killed for the name of Jesus. There I figured it out already. Luke 18:9-14

I will be a meerkat.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Why didn't I choose a picture of Jesus as my avatar? .

I asked you why you dont TALK ABOUT The CROSS of CHRIST, in your posts, or Threads, or Religion?
Why is the UNDERSTANDING OF THE CROSS OF CHRIST missing from your idea of CHRISTIANITY.

You need to figure this out, soon.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I asked you why you dont TALK ABOUT The CROSS of CHRIST, in your posts, or Threads, or Religion?
Why is the UNDERSTANDING OF THE CROSS OF CHRIST missing from your idea of CHRISTIANITY.

You need to figure this out, soon.

The Cross of Christ and the Atonement is something personal between the Father, Son and the Holy Ghost. And perhaps for those he has saved. But I am not saved until I am brought into heaven and also resurrected. It's not something I feel I need to boast about. Heck, we don't even know if God will save us yet. So why boast?

I honestly don't tell people "I'm saved" since that would be naive in my opinion. Ever heard the term "don't count your eggs before they're hatched"?. That would be like taking judgement away from God and me doing it. God will judge man, not me, so I will not say I or anyone else is saved.

I think we differ in our beliefs there, correct me if I'm wrong about that.

And what will faith get you? Miracles? Perhaps, but that won't save you either as Jesus has pointed out:

Matthew 7:21-23

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The Cross of Christ and the Atonement is something personal between the Father, Son and the Holy Ghost. And perhaps for those he has saved. ’

The "atonement" was created for people down here.
Why dont you understand that Christ on the CROSS, IS THE ATONEMENT, and if you believe, that God will save you.

God does not save anyone after they die.
Dont find this out the hard way, devin553344.
Christ dies On EARTH< and if you are saved, you will become so, on EARTH, not after you die.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "atonement" was created for people down here.
Why dont you understand that Christ on the CROSS, IS THE ATONEMENT, and if you believe, that God will save you.

God does not save anyone after they die.
Dont find this out the hard way, devin553344.
Christ dies On EARTH< and if you are saved, you will become so, on EARTH, not after you die.
I will ignore your warning as it is unbecoming of someone well versed in scripture. That said I'm well aware that Jesus died and resurrected himself to create the atonement.

There appears to be something you don't understand about the atonement. The atonement really has nothing to do with a cross. They nailed Jesus to a cross to rid his authority from spreading as a king of the kingdom of God. They thought it would kill him. But Jesus could have lived from what they did to him. He made that clear. But he gave up the ghost to die and create the atonement and then resurrected himself after they took him off the cross. Do you truly see what that cross is? It's man attempting to kill Jesus and his followers. This is why he said to pick up your cross and follow after him. Because Jesus knew they would kill them for following him. But it needed to be done to spread the gospel.

John 10:17“For this reason the Father loves Me, because I lay down My life so that I may take it again. 18No one has taken it away from Me, but I lay it down on My own initiative. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This commandment I received from My Father.”

John 19:30 “When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Did the cross have anything to do with the atonement? No it didn't. Man took no part in the atonement of God. Only God could provide that. Man didn't help. Man has no power to save themselves. Thus the cross is insignificant.

The cross is a symbol of mans defiance against God. It is an idol of worship for some people though.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Did the cross have anything to do with the atonement? No it didn't.

The Cross is the Atonement.

Jesus said "if i be LIFTED UP (ON THE CROSS) I will Draw ALL MEN to me".

How? John 3:16.

Also...
"the Preaching of the Cross, is the power of GOD, unto Salvation"

The Blood and death of Jesus, IS the Atonement.

You can continue to "ignore it".
Thats on you, devin553344, but what you can't do, is die and face God and say..>"well, noone ever told me i was supposed to be born again", as i have told you in many posts., and you've read them.

I told you.
Bottom line.

John 3:36

Cross8527

Apr 29, 2022
pkc
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's nice to have re-assurance from God. I have had messages from God where he filled me with that immense love and peace that lasted for hours. Yet I will consider myself saved only when I am brought into heaven after I die. True salvation also involves being resurrected.
Well do you have a relationship with God and do you have the holy spirit?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Cross is the Atonement.

Jesus said "if i be LIFTED UP (ON THE CROSS) I will Draw ALL MEN to me".

How? John 3:16.

Also...
"the Preaching of the Cross, is the power of GOD, unto Salvation"

The Blood and death of Jesus, IS the Atonement.

You can continue to "ignore it".
Thats on you, devin553344, but what you can't do, is die and face God and say..>"well, noone ever told me i was supposed to be born again", as i have told you in many posts., and you've read them.

I told you.
Bottom line.

John 3:36
Well do you have a relationship with God and do you have the holy spirit?
Yes both. I've seen God.