A heretical teaching dismantled with the help of Paul the Evangelist.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you didn't repeatedly ignore my questions I wouldn't have had to repeatedly re-ask would I? And you're being cowardly by not answering two simple questions. What's the term for that? Coward.

To Ignore, To not consider, to dismiss is my choice.
And I don’t even have to ask your permission, HA, or be bothered that your hounding and your reaction to rejection is only a reflection on you.

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To Ignore, To not consider, to dismiss is my choice.
And I don’t even have to ask your permission, HA, or be bothered that your hounding and your reaction to rejection is only a reflection on you.

Nope. I asked you two simple questions and you refused to answer. Cowardice.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who believe Mary was a virgin her whole life also believe…
Because she gives us Jesus, her son, Mary is Mother of God and our mother; we can entrust all our cares and petitions to her: she prays for us as she prayed for herself: 'Let it be to me according to your word.' [Lk 1:38] By entrusting ourselves to her prayer, we abandon ourselves to the will of God together with her: 'Thy will be done'. "Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death": By asking Mary to pray for us, we acknowledge ourselves to be poor sinners and we address ourselves to the 'Mother of Mercy,' the All-Holy One. We give ourselves over to her now, in the Today of our lives. And our trust broadens further, already at the present moment, to surrender 'the hour of our death' wholly to her care. May she be there as she was at her son's death on the cross. May she welcome us as our mother at the hour of our passing [Jn 19:27] to lead us to her son, Jesus, in paradise.

Basically Mary is our savior.
How sad and deceptive this is.

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Belief in the wrong thing can seriously harm us.

Mary cannot save anyone as she herself needed to be Saved by the LORD who created her = the WORD that became flesh.

Have you read the Gospel of John.
Yes, are you asking in regards to John 1:1?
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Within the gospels is a certain type of structure, and in the first three we see Jesus as, Jehovahs servant, the ideal man and Israel’s king. However the gospel of John is a declaration of Jesus as God.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, are you asking in regards to John 1:1?
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Within the gospels is a certain type of structure, and in the first three we see Jesus as, Jehovahs servant, the ideal man and Israel’s king. However the gospel of John is a declaration of Jesus as God.
Correct
Before Jesus came to earth as a man HE was(still is) the Eternal Elohim(Plural) with God.

The Eternal Godhead consists of the FATHER/SON/HOLY SPIRIT

Mary is not part of the Godhead and never was.
Mary has no saving grace of her own = Mary needed Jesus to save her from her sins.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Truthn,

No one is saying that Mary is our saviour. But her YES to God's will undoes the disobedience of Eve..

Pax et Bonum
The disobedience of Eve lead to the following,
16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

Has the disobedience been resolved but the curses remain?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wait...is someone else finding your posts funny? At least you know you can't be taken serious with your perpetual virginity dogma! It's a joke watching you plead its cause.

F2F
Hey F2F,

The point of me bringing that up is that a staff member who is part of the encounter team is laughing at fellow member of this forum. I believe they should be more professional. Don't you?

Furthermore, in regard to the subject at hand, I believe I have made it clear that nowhere at no point does Scripture ever say that Mary had other children OR had sex with Joseph. It simply isn't there. At least I, and The Church, can admit that. You and your ilk can't. If it was in Scripture this debate wouldn't be going on for 500 years. It is sad that you can't even admit that IT's NOT IN SCRIPTURE!!! It shows your dishonesty.

With that said we have to look at other things that support our POV or interpretation of Scripture. As you know (or maybe you don't) the word used in Scripture for brother/sister of Jesus COULD also mean close family member such as a cousin. That is a FACT that you and your ilk ignore....The Church and I don't. The 2,000-year traditional teaching of Christianity is that they were probably cousins or children of Joseph from a previous marriage. That is a FACT that you and your ilk ignore. Scripture says to hold fast to traditional teaching
(2 Thessalonians 2:15) and the FACT is that you and your ilk don't hold fast to it. You reject it....you reject Scripture. That is a FACT!!

Keeping it real with facts and Scripture (instead of opinion)....Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:Laughingoutloud: The confessions of a catholic mind! :jest:

This comment just sums up the entire thread and the hundreds of copying and pasting posts from Sigma.

It's tantamount to saying "who needs spiritual insight!"...we are happy to prove what is pointless.

Thanks Mog I needed a got belly laugh this morning.

F2F
Hey F2F,

Soooo instead of trying to explain what YOU mean by spiritual insight you laugh at me??????? Once again, you make no sense.

There is no confusion of this Catholic mind. You have a theory about spiritual insight and you can't even explain your theory to me. The confusion in Christianity comes from the hundreds of different Protestant men that YOU FOLLOW. The Protestant Revolution that started 500 years ago has divided and confused many and led them away from the Truth. The Church has been steadfast in this teaching for 2,000 years. You and your ilk are confused and splintered. You do realize that....don't you?

Your childish response just shows me or CONFIRMS that you don't even know what you mean by 'spiritual insight' in regard to the matter at hand!! Just be man enough to admit it and we can move on.....

Thank you for wasting my time.....Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Marymog says: "Anyways, I know that Protestants have rejected the councils of Roman Catholicism.

Well YEAH, since RCC rejects the council of God
Got it... YOU RAN!! You ran because you can't defend with logic or Scripture what your men have taught you.

Sorry I wasted my time