A heretical teaching dismantled with the help of Paul the Evangelist.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Tim 4:
[13] Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.
Not only was the New Testament NOT completed and compiled - Timothy was a Bishop not a layperson
This is NOT an instruction to every individual.

EPIC Fail . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Taken,

I am not speaking for @Illuminator and I suspect he will give a more articulate answer than I will since he is more well read, but here is my 2 cents worth:

No, The Catholic Church is not the lone Christian church that adheres to the traditions that were taught by the Apostles. There are some Protestant denominations that have fallen away from The Church that adheres to them also.

What traditions that were taught by word of mouth or epistle do you adhere to taken? (I know you won't answer, but I am hopeful)

:My2c: Mary

Traditions…
* God first above all things.
* Continual Love unto God.
* Continual dialogue with God /prayer.
* Continual Gods Word in my Heart and
* Continual Gods Scripture at my fingertips.
* Continual learning from Him.
* Continual speaking His Word.
* Continual thinking of God, and worshiping, praising, asking His understanding, blessing Him, thanking Him, And Glorifying Him.
* Continual using His teaching and examples in my household.
* Continual speaking Gods Blessing upon my family members, friends and strangers.
* Fellowshipping with others OF His flock.
* Praying FOR comfort of those IN His flock.
* Praying FOR others not OF His flock, that they might TURN to Him.
** Not continually, but as my own obligations permit…
** visiting and praying WITH incarnated prisoners and at retirement homes for the elderly and little children occasionally in my charge.
** I Believe God has scripturally revealed persons BY NAME, as Examples God Himself finds worthy to bestow His great Blessings upon…and AS WELL persons BY NAME, as Examples God Himself finds UN-worthy to bestow His great Blessing upon.
* Lead a hand to others, regardless of their Personal relationship, with or without God.
* Control my household and guests therein, to desist un-Godly behavior and stay or otherwise leave.

~ Going to a man-made church, no.
~ Kneeling before statues and praying, no
~ Believing every person Because they sit in a pastoral, or other power seat, or are head of a household, no.
~ Need to have home loaded with statues, supposed religious artworks, trinkets, to Remember the Lord God, or appear sanctimonious to guests, no.

That pretty much covers it.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes Taken....Our "clerics", thru Apostolic Succession, adhere to the 2,000-year teachings/doctrines of The Church. They got the memo.......

Do your clerics adhere to that memo? (I already know you are not going to answer, but maybe you will surprise me and actually try to have a conversation)

Curious Mary

PS: at least you got @L.A.M.B. to "like" your condescending quip

I do not challenge God (who is all knowing) appointed men in pastoral/teaching positions.

I comprehend men (who are NOT all knowing) also appoint men in pastoral/teaching positions.

Bottom line…IS for an individual man to VERIFY for themselves what they HEAR, that it BE IN LINE according to Gods WORD, Gods TEACHING!

Pastoral/ preachers/teachers…since the day, MEN began appointing MEN….who agreed to sit in those positions do so, FOR umpteen numerous reasons…
Trusting to Believe their every word…(without Verifying their words Be according to Gods Word)….is NOT Scripturally taught.

You seem to be of the Opinion, IF you Hear a Catholic Preacher speaking, teaching, YOU ARE obliged AS a Catholic Church member, to Believe him….PERIOD.

According to YOUR POV, YOUR Understanding….IS that correct?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not only was the New Testament NOT completed and compiled - Timothy was a Bishop not a layperson
This is NOT an instruction to every individual.

EPIC Fail . . .

Epic Ignorance!

Parents are tasked with the rearing of their own children from the moment they are born.
It’s a daily, continual teaching of God appointed unto the Parents.

You imply that once a week, maybe for an hour, a baby laying in a church nursery, is all a parent is called to KNOW and DO…
Laughable!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Tim 2:
[15] Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
We should ALL study the Scriptures.
However -
NOWHERE are we told that we must interpret to the Scriptures foe ourselves and to abandon His Church.

2 Pet. 1:20

“. . . knowing this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture comes from someone’s own interpretation.”

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh yipes…until you grasp the difference between Belief and Confession of Belief…
You will continue spinning in circles of trying everything and hoping it is sufficient.
Then why don't YOU give me a Scriptural defense for your theological invention?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We should ALL study the Scriptures.
However -
NOWHERE are we told that we must interpret to the Scriptures foe ourselves and to abandon His Church.

2 Pet. 1:20

“. . . knowing this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture comes from someone’s own interpretation.”

So? Not news. I know and have EXPRESSLY said on this forum on more than one occasion…WHERE Gods interpretation of Gods Word IS (in Him) and who can GIVE a man Gods interpretation of Gods WORD IS (God).

Interpretation of the author, who is God, which is Gods Word comes exclusively from God to A man
“WHO IS privy to receive, and DOES SO ASK!”

Are you UNAWARE of WHO IS privy to receive God interpretation of Gods Word?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no debate.
You continue to SIN.
You continue to ask for forgiveness.
You expect others to continue to SIN.
You expect others to continue to ask for forgiveness.
No one is subject to your beliefs, your understanding or your expectations.
And you want to debate WHY NOT?
LOL
YOU struggle with sin as well – as Paul did (Rom. 7:14-25)
The difference is that you're too spiritually arrogant to admit it.

And your refusal to ask for forgiveness will be your
downfall . . .

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not challenge God (who is all knowing) appointed men in pastoral/teaching positions.

I comprehend men (who are NOT all knowing) also appoint men in pastoral/teaching positions.

Bottom line…IS for an individual man to VERIFY for themselves what they HEAR, that it BE IN LINE according to Gods WORD, Gods TEACHING!

Pastoral/ preachers/teachers…since the day, MEN began appointing MEN….who agreed to sit in those positions do so, FOR umpteen numerous reasons…
Trusting to Believe their every word…(without Verifying their words Be according to Gods Word)….is NOT Scripturally taught.

You seem to be of the Opinion, IF you Hear a Catholic Preacher speaking, teaching, YOU ARE obliged AS a Catholic Church member, to Believe him….PERIOD.

According to YOUR POV, YOUR Understanding….IS that correct?
If that Catholic preacher is teaching what The Church has approved then yes, we are to believe him.....period.

HOWEVER, if YOU disagree with what your elders have taught you then YOU will always be right and YOU are never wrong which means you are violating Scripture (Hebrews 13:17)

I feel bad for you that you have not found The Church that Jesus started who has elders appointed by the Holy Spirit (Acts 20:28) but I have found that Church.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Epic Ignorance!

Parents are tasked with the rearing of their own children from the moment they are born.
It’s a daily, continual teaching of God appointed unto the Parents.

You imply that once a week, maybe for an hour, a baby laying in a church nursery, is all a parent is called to KNOW and DO…
Laughable!
Angry tirade aside - you again FAILED to show me a single verse of Scripture that tells us that we ALL must interpret the Scriptures for ourselves.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then why don't YOU give me a Scriptural defense for your theological invention?

Why? This topic is not NEW on this forum.
I have given you, I have seen others give you their statements and Precise Quotes from Scripture, THEY looked up, THEY handed to YOU…and WHAT?

You ignore and disappear for days, or you come back with name-calling, intended derogatory accusations, all highlight, and a string of Scriptural “references”, that have nothing whatsoever to do with the the express topic and point.

THAT ^^ is your MO, and everyone who has ever engaged with you KNOWS that is how you have operated FOR YEARS.

If I want to be called names, falsely accused, waste my time looking up “reverenced” scriptures that have NOTHING to do with the topic and point…I know to call on you.
Seeing a CHANGE in you over the years, has NOT materialized….Every conversation with you is fully known, expected, old, boring, not edifying, nothing new.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So? Not news. I know and have EXPRESSLY said on this forum on more than one occasion…WHERE Gods interpretation of Gods Word IS (in Him) and who can GIVE a man Gods interpretation of Gods WORD IS (God).

Interpretation of the author, who is God, which is Gods Word comes exclusively from God to A man
“WHO IS privy to receive, and DOES SO ASK!”

Are you UNAWARE of WHO IS privy to receive God interpretation of Gods Word?
Tell me, Einstein - how do you reconcile this with the fact that there are tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering Protestant and quasi-Christian sects that ALL trach different doctrines based on the individual interpretations of their leaders. How does THAT work?

Is God the "Lord of Confusion - or is it just that YOU don't know what you're talking about?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why? This topic is not NEW on this forum.
I have given you, I have seen others give you their statements and Precise Quotes from Scripture, THEY looked up, THEY handed to YOU…and WHAT?

You ignore and disappear for days, or you come back with name-calling, intended derogatory accusations, all highlight, and a string of Scriptural “references”, that have nothing whatsoever to do with the the express topic and point.

THAT ^^ is your MO, and everyone who has ever engaged with you KNOWS that is how you have operated FOR YEARS.

If I want to be called names, falsely accused, waste my time looking up “reverenced” scriptures that have NOTHING to do with the topic and point…I know to call on you.
Seeing a CHANGE in you over the years, has NOT materialized….Every conversation with you is fully known, expected, old, boring, not edifying, nothing new.
TRANSLATION:
"I cannot defend my wacky theology from Scripture."

That's what I
thought . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If that Catholic preacher is teaching what The Church has approved then yes, we are to believe him.....period.

HOWEVER, if YOU disagree with what your elders have taught you then YOU will always be right and YOU are never wrong which means you are violating Scripture (Hebrews 13:17)

I feel bad for you that you have not found The Church that Jesus started who has elders appointed by the Holy Spirit (Acts 20:28) but I have found that Church.

Keep your sorrow for yourself.
I have a forever relationship with the Lord God. I Trust He IS the Truth, and have zero obligation to carte’ blanch Believe IN, Trust IN men, simply because they wear a Title.

You absolutely have the option to believe IN men, TRUST men, because your church says so.

For you, for me….it is our own Freewill to choose as we will….including disagreeing with what an other chooses.

No harm, no foul, Just recognizing and accepting we are NOT on the same page.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You absolutely have the option to believe IN men, TRUST men, because your church says so.
You trust in you.....are you not a man? You trust yourself because you have told yourself to trust yourself. o_O

Think about it.....

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell me, Einstein - how do you reconcile this with the fact that there are tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering Protestant and quasi-Christian sects that ALL trach different doctrines based on the individual interpretations of their leaders. How does THAT work?

Is God the "Lord of Confusion - or is it just that YOU don't know what you're talking about?

Is this coming from a man whose membership is of a Church that splintered off from the first Jewish churches and the Roman Catholic church ? LOL

I am not accountable FOR any group that decides to start their own Church….without my permission, without YOUR permission.

You say 10,s of thousands repeatedly, and was Before during one of your gossip feats, asked to list a mere 100 of these churches YOU repeatedly with derogatorily intent gossip about. And DID YOU list ANY? No. List a mere 100? No. You simply continue to gossip.

Who cares about your repetitive gossiping?
That is simply an unflattering reflection on your own character.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TRANSLATION:
"I cannot defend my wacky theology from Scripture."

That's what I
thought . . .

You think yourself qualified to speak FOR ME.
Think again.

IF you are so ignorant to think yourself qualified to speak for yourself then answer for an other….why bother posting your nonsense for all to SEE how ridiculous you operate….Get a mirror. Pretend in private. For all our sakes, Stop Publicly embarrassing yourself.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You trust in you.....are you not a man? You trust yourself because you have told yourself to trust yourself. o_O

Think about it.....

Why are you saying FOR ME, I trust in me?
Are you without ability to comprehend, when I say I TRUST in God?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Angry tirade aside - you again FAILED to show me a single verse of Scripture that tells us that we ALL must interpret the Scriptures for ourselves.

LOL how ignorant, Why would I show you something I NEVER CLAIMED…