A house divided cannot stand

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark 3:23-26
[23] And he called them unto him , and said unto them in parables, How can Satan cast out Satan? [24] And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. [25] And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand. [26] And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.

Luke 11:19
[19] And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your sons cast them out? therefore shall they be your judges.

Who are their sons?

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Verse 14 says He was talking to "the crowd." Some seemed to be Pharisees because they "tested" Him with questions. And "Sons" can often mean "Followers."

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Verse 14 says He was talking to "the crowd." Some seemed to be Pharisees because they "tested" Him with questions. And "Sons" can often mean "Followers."

Thank you. I don't see where it is to "the crowd". Verse 14 in Mark, Luke, or Matthew? Consider:

Matthew 12:24-27
[24] But when the Pharisees heard it , they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils. [25] And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand: [26] And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand? [27] And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges.

Mark 3:22-23
[22] And the scribes which came down from Jerusalem said, He hath Beelzebub, and by the prince of the devils casteth he out devils. [23] And he called them unto him , and said unto them in parables, How can Satan cast out Satan?

Matthew 12:34
[34] O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

All seems to be directed at those "noble" leaders that judge men unfairly. The "noble" that eat(consume) their own fruit while those things that are despised and looked down on go hungry in want for God. (The widow with two mites).

1 Corinthians 1:26-29
[26] For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called : [27] But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; [28] And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea , and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: [29] That no flesh should glory in his presence.

To bring the things that are to nothing. Consider "and if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges.

Who were casting out devils? Gathering(Matthew 12:30)(Matthew 12:28).
That "therefore" is powerful. To spoil Satan's house and to bring things that are to nothing...first you bind Satan, then you take a spoil (the children). What happens when someone stronger comes upon the strongman and his house(Satan's) and their "sons" are translated out of the darkness and into the kingdom of light? You bring a sword that divides upon a household.

"therefore" your sons will judge you.

Matthew 19:28-29
[28] And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. [29] And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

Luke 22:30-32
[30] That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel. [31] And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: [32] But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

Mark 10:33-34
[33] Saying , Behold, we go up to Jerusalem; and the Son of man shall be delivered unto the chief priests, and unto the scribes; and they shall condemn him to death, and shall deliver him to the Gentiles: [34] And they shall mock him, and shall scourge him, and shall spit upon him, and shall kill him: and the third day he shall rise again.

Last edited: