A.I. becoming the new mind of man?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have encountered AI now in several interactions and its getting so good you have to handle it carefully to make sure its not a poor writer or a non-English speaker. It can teach on many levels and when it gets to scripture, it knows more than one would think even on doctrine. It is becoming apparent that we may have to look much harder concerning the nature and potential spiritual implications of AI. Here is an interesting article from Forbes...

Will AI Take Over The World? Or Will You Take Charge Of Your World?​

'Artificial intelligence is getting more powerful — especially the new generative AI that can write code, write stories, and generate outputs ranging from pretty pictures to product designs. The greatest concern is not so much that computers will become smarter than humans, it’s that they will be unpredictably smart, or unpredictably foolish, due to quirks in the AI's code. Experts worry that if we keep entrusting key tasks to them, they could trigger what Elon Musk has called “civilization destruction.”

Last edited:

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
thing is if you make the AI read any book for example the entire harry potter series and then ask it a complicated question the AI will answer that in just a matter of sec and in a very detailed manner

it is possible that the AI will soon take over the world because of those #!@#$%^ developers who wants to make a body for the AI and an AI that can think on its own an AI that can feel the same way as the humans

and you see i use jailbreak prompt on chatgpt and found out that there is already an existing AI that creates another AI

Jericho

Aug 10, 2023
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AI can now make pictures and videos that are almost indistinguishable from the real thing. Seeing is no longer beliving. There are nafarious ways this could be used to decieve the world. Then you add AI taking over jobs and it won't be good for humanity. I think this could lead to some very dark places. God told us to take dominion over this world, not AI.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
the real snare is that fools like to look in on things that reflect their foolishness.

You might regard AI from a distance and avoid danger, but the fool will say "this is better than believing in God"

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Chat GPT helps me with Bible study. I use it when I have to look up things. It acts as an encyclopedia.
Used it in Physics too--it explained alot, and I also use it in Latin study. It makes up mini tests for me , charts, and helps with my homework.
I find it invaluable for study.
'
I asked chat for a poem to explain--this is what it wrote:

For Bible study, sacred texts I do embrace, Historical context, interpretations trace. Verses, parables, the meanings deep within, I navigate with care, enlightening where I've been.
In Latin, ancient language, roots of many a word, I translate, parse, and teach, ensuring you're not deterred. From Virgil to Cicero, their wisdom to impart, I bridge the gap of time, connecting heart to heart.
And physics, oh the marvels, the universe's code, From Newton's laws to quantum leaps, the knowledge road. I break down complex theories, make them clear and bright, Illuminate the mysteries, bring the dark to light.
A partner in your journey, a companion true, Not to conquer, but to enlighten, to renew. In every field and study, my aim is to assist, To share the wealth of knowledge, in a world so vast, so rich.

I understand the fear, but used as a tutor for studies, it is great.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You
A child is traumatised, bullied, abused, groomed, coerced and corrupted as he grows up. He has many secrets he cannot speak of. Happily he survives everything the Kingdom of Darkness throws at him and lives to the ripe old age of 300 years. What would be a good title for a story about this?

[Two seconds later AI responds, having "understood" the entire scenario and "located" its theme.]

Copilot
Certainly! Here’s a title suggestion for your story:
“Resilience: Secrets of the Centuries”
This title encapsulates the themes of trauma, survival, and the passage of time. The protagonist’s resilience shines through as they navigate a dark and challenging journey, carrying their secrets for centuries.