A key verse in Bible understanding is John 10:16

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; those too I must bring in, and they will listen to my voice, and they will become one flock, one shepherd.

What is clear about the verse is that there are two groups of sheep, under the one shepherd. We know that sheep are righteous ones, so obviously they would be disciples of Jesus, but what is the distinction between the two groups?

While not giving the answer, a couple of hints are residence and authority. Keeping in mind those two things, can help to understand what these two groups are.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The two groups . Jews and the other gentiles and they shall be ONE FOLD with ONE SHEPARD .
JESUS was speaking of the gentiles .

Reactions: Daniel Veler

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul also explains it well .
Yes Indeed . the believing jews and believing gentiles are now one fold in Christ . One happy LORD LOVING FLOCK .
LET THE LORD BE PRAISED .

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The two groups . Jews and the other gentiles and they shall be ONE FOLD with ONE SHEPARD .
JESUS was speaking of the gentiles .

Thanks Amigo, yes sir, but not literally. In Jesus day Jews were descendants of Jacob, and of course the rest of the world was called Gentiles, but in that verse, the sheep Jesus was referring to do make up the Israel of God Gal 6:16, but they are made up of people of all tribes, nations, and tongues Rev 5:9,10; Rom 2:28,29. The other sheep are as you say Gentiles, but spiritual as are the sheep Jesus was speaking about, they too come from all nations. Jesus of course is the shepherd.