A Literal Temple In The Millennium Or....symbolic?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
Concerning the last chapters of Ezekiel and the "temple." Some see it as a literal temple and others as spiritual. To me it is symbolic for The Temple was raised and continues to be raised today.

John 2:20-22 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? But He spake of the temple of His body. When therefore He was risen from the dead, His disciples remembered that He had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

For instance, where it is written...

Ezekiel 45:17-18 And it shall come to pass, that when they enter in at the gates of the inner court, they shall be clothed with linen garments; and no wool shall come upon them, whiles they minister in the gates of the inner court, and within. They shall have linen bonnets upon their heads, and shall have linen breeches upon their loins; they shall not gird themselves with any thing that causeth sweat.

This is during the millennium. Those "clothed with linen garments" are His saints and only they "shall enter into My sanctuary" and "shall keep My charge." [44:16] The "no wool" means they aren't to teach God's flock, His sheep....who are righteous souls but not yet the spiritually living. They must be taught during the millennium and proven at it's end but it is not those in "linen garments" that shall teach them.

The millennium is the Lord's Sabbath Day and those in linen are they that are "to do no work therein." Or, do "anything that causeth sweat." They are the "kings and princes."

Jeremiah 17:23-25 But they obeyed not, neither inclined their ear, but made their neck stiff, that they might not hear, nor receive instruction. And it shall come to pass, if ye diligently hearken unto Me, saith the LORD, to bring in no burden through the gates of this city on the sabbath day, but hallow the sabbath day, to do no work therein; Then shall there enter into the gates of this city kings and princes sitting upon the throne of David, riding in chariots and on horses, they, and their princes, the men of Judah, and the inhabitants of Jerusalem: and this city shall remain for ever.