Did Jesus rise Good Friday to Easter Sunday Morning according the Bible?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You don't seem to understand the significance of my point. So let me go over this in greater detail. (I give a link to an article that explains this further.)

Quote from the Article.
God Himself gave the instructions about the use of the preparation day to the Israelites before they reached Mount Sinai (Exodus 16:23). The Jews later considered this to be so important that they made sure each of the holy days, which are also Sabbaths, was preceded by a preparation day. Since the holy days can fall on any day of the week, the preparation day can fall on any day of the week as well.

There were only in 'THAT week', as always in all OTHER weeks, ONE 'Seventh Day Sabbath of the LORD GOD. ONE GOD one Sabbath: one Sabbath: OF: The, LORD GOD. Were there more Lords of the Sabbath you would have had more Sabbaths of the lords gods, in other words, more than one weekly sabbath requires worship of more false gods.

Then there were in THAT specific week of Jesus' Last Passover, as periodically in (virtually) all PASSOVER weeks of the past, TWO 'preparations'--TWO preparation-DAYS-- in those, specific PASSOVER weeks.

The Passion Story in the Gospels are unanimous and clear and LITERALLY TEXTUALLY AND HISTORICALLY AND LOGICALLY, SEQUENTIALLY AND CONSEQUENTIALLY AND CONSISTENTLY TELL THE EXACT SAME SEQUENCE AND SIGNIFICANS OF THE EVENTS IN THAT WEEK. As above many times now QUOTED verbatim, but you dismiss Scripture, every time.

None of you realize why you do it. You must be told, you must be made attentive to WHY there are these disputes among you.
IT IS BECAUSE YOU ALL HOLD FOR GOSPEL TRUTH SATAN'S DUAL LIE, THAT SUNDAY IS THE LORD'S HOLY DAY FOR THE WORSHIP OF HIM BECAUSE CHRIST ALLEGEDLY ROSE ON IT.
Were it not for this, these forums would have been empty.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
"All four Gospels state that Jesus was crucified on the Day of Preparation (Matthew 27:62; Mark 15:42; Luke 23:54; John 19:14, 31, 42). Mark, Luke, and John all state that the following day was the Sabbath. John’s account uses this wording: “It was the day of Preparation of the Passover” (John 19:14). The question becomes, since Jesus was killed on the Day of Preparation, why had He already observed the Passover with His disciples (Matthew 26:17–29; Mark 14:12–25; Luke 22:7–22; John 13:1–30)?

HERE IS THE FALSE PREMISE THAT CAUSES ALL ERROR AND HERESY. . .

<The question becomes, since Jesus was killed on the Day of Preparation, why had He already observed the Passover with His disciples (Matthew 26:17–29; Mark 14:12–25; Luke 22:7–22; John 13:1–30)?>. . . <since Jesus was killed on the Day of Preparation>

Wherein lurks the falsity?

In what is not here---in what is OMITED, KEPT SILENT, GLOSSED OVER WITH MOST INTENSE ATTENTIVENESS!

Wherein lurks the falsity?

IN THE FRAUD!

WHERE IS John's real words: where are his words, <Jesus was killed on the Day of Preparation. . .> "OF THE PASSOVER"! ?

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
C'mon you are smarter than that and know simple grammar!

John 19:31
The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.

John 19
31 Ἦν γὰρ μεγάλη ἡ ἡμέρα ἐκείνου τοῦ σαββάτου,
because That Day was great (day) of the (passover) sabbath,

ἐπεὶ οὖν Παρασκευὴ ἦν,
οἱ Ἰουδαῖοι ἠρώτησαν τὸν Πειλᾶτον
and since Preparation then began,

ἵνα μὴ μείνῃ ἐπὶ τοῦ σταυροῦ τὰ σώματα ἐν τῷ σαββάτῳ,
that not (would) stay on the cross the bodies on the (prospective passover) sabbath,

οἱ Ἰουδαῖοι ἠρώτησαν τὸν Πειλᾶτον ἵνα κατεαγῶσιν αὐτῶν τὰ σκέλη καὶ ἀρθῶσιν.

the Jews asked Pilate that their legs must be broken and the bodies removed.

The translation you have placed is subtle, not making clear the detailed correlation given by John with regard to time-sequence and days of the week and passover events.
It means that the translation you have placed falls short in mirroring the exactness in precise completeness which the Greek of the New Testament requires to be translated properly.

One thing which John's statements in this place absolutely disallow and forbid, is compromise with or accommodation of later, irrelevant, overreaching and or subverting church and academic traditions, of the literal meaning of his contemporaneous use of the Greek. It is an absolute no-no! Church and scholars CREATED THEIR OWN PROBLEMS - not WITH this Text, but FOR this Text - in order to accommodate and corroborate THEIR OWN IDEAS - heretical and erroneous ideas and views!

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, this is what YOU ought to do, to put this to bed because all you always do is go round and round. You are only convinced of and by your own superficial views over nothing, and nothing will change your mind. Which is so unbelievable BECAUSE FOR ONCE YOU ARE SO RIGHT---<for that sabbath was not a usual Sabbath but a high Sabbath>. I give up. Why can't you see the rest? It's just Scripture!
And you rpoint othere than to hurl some ad-hominems?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I believed that, I would no longer post on message boards. I have hope that people are still willing to listen to each other. If not, let me know now.
I am always willing to listen, learn and change. But after 50 years of study and conversation and prayer and walking with the Lord, it takes more than conjecture for me to change my mind on what Scripture says.
Where we differ is this. You incorrectly believe that the High Sabbath fell on a Saturday. There is nothing in the text to suggest that the High Sabbath fell on a Saturday. In fact, if the High Sabbath fell on a Saturday, there would be NO reason to mention it.

You don't seem to understand the significance of my point. So let me go over this in greater detail. (I give a link to an article that explains this further.)

Quote from the Article.
God Himself gave the instructions about the use of the preparation day to the Israelites before they reached Mount Sinai (Exodus 16:23). The Jews later considered this to be so important that they made sure each of the holy days, which are also Sabbaths, was preceded by a preparation day. Since the holy days can fall on any day of the week, the preparation day can fall on any day of the week as well.
Yes and this is where we differ.

I know a Shabbat ha-gadol can fall on any day of the week, but a shabbat can only fall on saturday. Like I said you accept tuesday/wednesday, so be it.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, this is what YOU ought to do, to put this to bed because all you always do is go round and round. You are only convinced of and by your own superficial views over nothing, and nothing will change your mind. Which is so unbelievable BECAUSE FOR ONCE YOU ARE SO RIGHT---<for that sabbath was not a usual Sabbath but a high Sabbath>. I give up. Why can't you see the rest? It's just Scripture!
Says you and I am glad I stand before God and my elders and not a myopic bitter Gerhard Ebersoehn.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am always willing to listen, learn and change. But after 50 years of study and conversation and prayer and walking with the Lord, it takes more than conjecture for me to change my mind on what Scripture says.

I know a Shabbat ha-gadol can fall on any day of the week, but a shabbat can only fall on saturday. Like I said you accept tuesday/wednesday, so be it.
Did John use the word Saturday? No. That is your assumption.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You still only have two nights.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Besides many other objection to your casual approach to these Scriptures, one of them will suffice to boot you off your wobbling rhetorical podium: this translation basis for the platform you stand on.
In order of both Old and New Testament 1. Text, 2. historical event, 3. logical order, 4. prophesy foretold. . .
Place side by side the one after the other and READ for yourself. . .
Last Week:
TUESDAY : TEACHING 3 days before (Friday) Abib 15 is Abib 12 Mark 11:20 “early ... fig tree dried up” = Matthew 26:1-2 “AFTER TWO DAYS ... CRUCIFIED” = Matthew 21:18-22; 45,46 “in the morning ... fig tree” cursed and “immediately dried up” Mark 11:27,28 “in Jerusalem in TEMPLE ... by what AUTHORITY” = Matthew 21:23-25 “in temple ... what authority” = Luke 20:1-8 “one of Those Days ... what authority” Mark 12:35-37 “Jesus in the temple ... Dawid” = Matthew 22:23; 41-46 “the Same Day” = Matthew 24:1-3 “out of tempel … not be left one stone … on Mount of Olives disciples came privately” = John 12:27-36 “this hour ... if I be lifted up from the earth” = Luke 21:34-38 “on One of Those Days ... Watch that That Day come not upon you unawares”

Last Week:
WEDNESDAY : 2 days before (Friday) Abib 15 is Abib 13 Mark 14:1,2 “
AFTER TWO DAYS WAS THE UNLEAVENED (feast days)” “sought how might take him ... not on feast” = Matthew 26:3-5 “consulted that they might take Jesus ... not on feast” = Luke 22:1,2 “feast drew near

Help: the word "feast" is added wrongly in Mark 11:20 and Matthew 26:1-2
I'm not understanding what you trying to do here.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Did John use the word Saturday? No. That is your assumption.

John 19
31 Ἦν γὰρ μεγάλη ἡ ἡμέρα ἐκείνου τοῦ σαββάτου,
Because That Day in progress, going on, was (Imperfect Continuous Past Tense) great, high (day) of the (passover) sabbath,

ἐπεὶ οὖν Παρασκευὴ
ἦν, οἱ Ἰουδαῖοι ἠρώτησαν τὸν Πειλᾶτον
since then, because, therefore Preparation began, had begun (Ingressive Constative Punctual Aorist Past (Perfect) Tense),

ἵνα μὴ μείνῃ ἐπὶ τοῦ σταυροῦ τὰ σώματα ἐν τῷ σαββάτῳ,
that not (would) stay on the cross the bodies on the (prospective passover) sabbath,

οἱ Ἰουδαῖοι ἠρώτησαν τὸν Πειλᾶτον ἵνα κατεαγῶσιν αὐτῶν τὰ σκέλη καὶ ἀρθῶσιν.

the Jews asked Pilate that their legs must be broken and (the bodies) be removed.

A determining factor is the Verb ἦν - "was" and the two ways in which it is being used.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When did the women prepare the spices?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
When did the women prepare the spices?

Women at the Crucifixion – Thursday morning before 9AM

Lk.23:27
Mother of Jesus taken home – Thursday morning before 9AM

Jn.19:25

Women at the Crucifixion – Thursday 9AM till 3PM

Mk.15:40 Mt.27:56

Earthquake. Graves opened Mt.27:51,52 – Thursday 3PM

Everybody fled Lk.23:48,49 – Thursday 3PM

…………………………………………………

Two women
(Lk.23:54D29it.) to the Burial – Friday after 6AM

Lk.23:55

Two Marys at the Burial – Friday until 3PM

Mk.15:47 Mt.27:61

Two Marys at home – Friday after 3PM until 6PM

returned and prepared spices and ointments

Lk.23:56a

…………………………………………………

Two Marys began to rest the Sabbath – Friday after 6PM

Lk.23:56b

Mary Magdalene and other Mary at home – late Saturday 3PM

“Sabbath mid-afternoon towards before sunset the First Day would begin

when they set out to go see the sepulchre there came a great earthquake Mt.28:1-2

saints arose and came out of graves after his resurrection Mt.27:51

…………………………………………………

Mary Magdalene – Saturday dusk 6PM
comes, sees stone away from tomb

Jn.20:1,2
Mk.16:00 Mt.28:00 Lk.24:00

…………………………………………………

The two Marys and Salome – Saturday evening after 6PM

bought sweet spices

Mk.16:1
Mt.28:00 Lk.24:00 Jn.20:00

…………………………………………………

Theytwo women Lk.23:55
(D29it.) and certain others Saturday night after 12PM

with them, came to the sepulchre bringing the spices which they

had preparedLk.23:56a Mk.16:1a and found the grave opened and the body not

Lk.24:1-10

Mk.16:00 Mt.28:00 Jn.20:00

…………………………………………………

Mary Magdalene, Mary of James, and Salome Sunday morning 3AM

“saw again the stone”

Mk.16:1-4Jn.20:1

“and fled and told no one”

Mk.16:8

Lk.24:00 Mt.28:00 Jn.20:00

…………………………………………………

Mary Magdalene had had stood after at tomb Sunday morning 6AM
saw Jesus standing supposing him to be the gardener

Jn.20:11-14-17 (Mk.16:9)
Lk.24:00 Mt.28:00

There is one mistake in this summary where two Scriptures are given next to one another and one is out of position--- to Textual, as well as to historical-chronological, (but not exactly to logical) order of sequence.

PLEASE INDICATE IT FOR ME?

It will show if we are not only here to criticize everyone disagreeing with us, but to contribute to a better understanding of Jesus' LIVING SACRIFICE OF HIMSELF FOR OUR OWN, FOR MY AND FOR YOUR, SALVATION.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Based on Scripture:

Mark 16:1
And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him.

After sunset Saturday evening.

<Based on Scripture>?! But YOU, give Scripture, which reads, "Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices"!?