A Mind Renewed By the Word

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lesjude

May 8, 2012
Central New York State
The Preface to Healing By Redemption by David Treharne (An uncopyrighted book)

I trust the Christian reader will prayerfully seek to test the contents of this volume by the Word of God.

"To the law and to the testimony: if they do not speak according to this word there is no light in them. (Isa. viii. 20)

"I have been practising medicine and surgery for nearly 30 years, and have been a believer for about 24 years.

Because of the conviction that the occupation of medical practitioner was an unscriptural one I gave it up, though it was the only means of livelihood familiar to me.

That step was a climax of years of considerable uneasiness of conscience.

As I am, God willing, about to publish a concise account of the development of my conviction, I will say no more on that subject here.

Commending the volume to the blessing of God, and to the unbiased judgement of the reader,
I remain,
Yours in the Lord's service,
DAVID TREHARNE."
Hawkhurst, Kent.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
lesjude said:
The Preface to Healing By Redemption by David Treharne (An uncopyrighted book)

I trust the Christian reader will prayerfully seek to test the contents of this volume by the Word of God.

"To the law and to the testimony: if they do not speak according to this word there is no light in them. (Isa. viii. 20)

"I have been practising medicine and surgery for nearly 30 years, and have been a believer for about 24 years.

Because of the conviction that the occupation of medical practitioner was an unscriptural one I gave it up, though it was the only means of livelihood familiar to me.

That step was a climax of years of considerable uneasiness of conscience.

As I am, God willing, about to publish a concise account of the development of my conviction, I will say no more on that subject here.

Commending the volume to the blessing of God, and to the unbiased judgement of the reader,
I remain,
Yours in the Lord's service,
DAVID TREHARNE."
Hawkhurst, Kent.
I commend him for his faithfulness to the Word/Christ
For it is written:
Matt 16:24-26
24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake {The Word's sake}shall find it.
26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
KJV

I don't say this just because he left his way of income, yet that it also commendable. I say that because he seen and acted on the Word of truth that Sorcery is totally against God's Word and showed repentance to turn away from it not matter the cost. Those who do that for the Word's sake shall find their life.

Reactions: lesjude

lesjude

May 8, 2012
Central New York State
afaithfulone4u said:
I commend him for his faithfulness to the Word/Christ
For it is written:
Matt 16:24-26
24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake {The Word's sake}shall find it.
26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
KJV

I don't say this just because he left his way of income, yet that it also commendable. I say that because he seen and acted on the Word of truth that Sorcery is totally against God's Word and showed repentance to turn away from it not matter the cost. Those who do that for the Word's sake shall find their life.
This book was published around 1913 in the Uk and seems to be unavailable for sale. It is a real blessing to read his thoughts on sin, slavation and medical science.