A New Beginniing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mtalamai

Jul 17, 2010
In Genesis, there is this one passage where it says "And the Sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair and took tthem for wives....and there were Giants...

does these go together meaining Giant\s were the offspring of the Sons of God and the daughters of men

How is this possible...how did the Sons of God come to earth...are they allowed to do what ever they want...I thought there were bounderies between those in heaven and those on Earth?

Are there offspring of the Sons of God/Giants today? Why or Why not?

If not then why were the Sons of God allowed back then to mingle with woman of Earth and not anymore?

Was Goliath the offspring of the Sons of God?

What about Samson?

well that's all for now

SaberTruth

Oct 9, 2010
USA
In Genesis, there is this one passage where it says "And the Sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair and took tthem for wives....and there were Giants...

does these go together meaining Giant\s were the offspring of the Sons of God and the daughters of men

How is this possible...how did the Sons of God come to earth...are they allowed to do what ever they want...I thought there were bounderies between those in heaven and those on Earth?

If not then why were the Sons of God allowed back then to mingle with woman of Earth and not anymore?

What about Samson?

well that's all for now

Since the offspring were "men of renown", then I think there has to be a supernatural element involved. "Sons of God" is a common OT term for "angels" (see Job), and would supply that supernatural element. Why and how they took on human flesh is not explained, but I believe the offspring were how demons were made. They were superhuman and probably the basis for the old Greek and Roman pantheon. Once they died physically, they remained alive because of being part "angel". This might explain why demons always want to possess someone. We know from various other scriptures that angels and even the Trinity at times appeared on earth in normal human-appearing bodies. As for why these bad angels no longer do this, scripture tells us (Jude, I think) that they were thrown into Tartarus, a dark bottomless pit, where they have remained ever since.

Samson, on the other hand, was given super strength by God. He was a Nazarite whose strength only remained as long as he kept the Nazarite vow of not cutting his hair or drinking wine.

Hope that helps!

hereister

Oct 21, 2010

What about Samson?

well that's all for now

Hi Trulyelmo,

This is how I see it. The sons of God came down to earth and intermixed with the daughters of Adam. These angles were not allowed to, but they disobeyed God. We read in Jude:
Jud 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

The result of the intermixing were giants. Also, there was also a second influx of the fallen angels:

Genesis 6:4 "There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown."

The giants were the reason for the flood during Noah's time. Noah's family were the only ones who didn't intermix with the fallen angels. His generations, lineage, was perfect:
Gen 6:9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

How did the fallen angels get here? I believe they used vehicles (though it's not written about the fallen angels mode of transportation) written about in the bible, like in Ezekiel and the vehicle which took Elijah.

Are there giants on the earth today or a remnant of them? I don't see any. But, will fallen angels attempt it again? Yes, for Jesus said, when speaking about the time of the antichrist, it will be just like the days of Noah, giving and taking in marriage:
Mat 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Mat 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

Just before the flood, the fallen angels were giving and taking in marriage with the daughters of Adam. I believe this is why women are told to prophecy with power on their heads, meaning with the power of Christ, because of the angels:

1Co 11:10 For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.

It would be a shame for a man to have power on his head because of the angels, for that would be a homosexual act.

We read in Rev. that satan (the antichrist) is coming along with his angels:

Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Was Goliath of the fallen angels? Yes, there are a few giants written about in God's Word.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
The giants of Genesis 6 were to have no resurrection...

Isa 26:14
14 They are dead, they shall not live; they are deceased, they shall not rise: therefore hast thou visited and destroyed them, and made all their memory to perish.
(KJV)

The word "deceased" is Hebrew about the Rephaim, which was a proper name for the giants. The KJV translators did not render the word Rephaim in all cases, like in this Isaiah 26:14 verse. (there's an Appendix in The Companion Bible which shows where all these OT references to Rephaim in the Hebrew occurs).

That's pointing to the giants not being resurrected after they were destroyed, so those can't be the demons and familiar spirits of The Bible.

What that especially reveals, is that giant offspring was a completely isolated event out of the norm involving flesh man. It reveals they were not part of God's creation like Adam. It shows they indeed were hybrids that broke the bounds God had setup for man for this world, and that's why they all had to be destroyed.

Something else their not being resurrected reveals. It reveals a deeper meaning about the idea of being completely 'dead', with nothing left to resurrect after flesh death.