A one sentence challenge

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
In one sentence, three lines at most, tell us what you think
is the message or purpose of Bible prophecy.
Remember, only one sentence.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
The scriptures give us a general overview of God's plans from beginning to end and the accuracy of prophecy proves the scriptures and prophets are authentic.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
1 Cor 14:3

Psalm 46:10

I hope I haven't offended anyone by posting scripture, I can just as easily express myself but I don't presume I can improve on it.

Arnie Manitoba said:
The scriptures give us a general overview of God's plans from beginning to end and the accuracy of prophecy proves the scriptures and prophets are authentic.
Jesus description of general over view
Matthew 5:18

Isaiah 55:11

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
guysmith said:
Matthew 7:12 KJV
12. Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, guysmith:

guysmith said:
Romans 15:4
4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
KJV

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
Shalom Arnie, Rex, Veteran, daq, ChristRoseFromtheDead,
Terry and Retrobyter,

Thanks for your responses.
Based on your responses I feel I may have not worded my question
properly. So let me try again.

I have read other post’s from each and everyone of you on
different subjects (virgins, the resurrection, Babylon etc.). Each of you have different views on these
various subjects and you defend your positions adamantly.

If you took each of your positions on each subject and put
them together, what is the overall message you are trying to convey? One sentence please.

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
guysmith said:
Terry and Retrobyter,

different subjects (virgins, the resurrection, Babylon etc.). Each of you have different views on these

them together, what is the overall message you are trying to convey? One sentence please.
guysmith said:
Terry and Retrobyter,

To God be the glory, great things he hath done... .

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, guysmith.

guysmith said:
Terry and Retrobyter,

The overall message I am trying to convey is that Yeshua` will still be the "King of the Jews" when He returns, will become the "King of Isra'el" inheriting the throne of His ancestor David after He has rescued His people and His Land, and will eventually be King of Kings or World Emperor after He has reigned for the first 1000 years of His Kingdom, subduing all of His enemies.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
guysmith said:
Here is my short response:
That God is Sovereign over the all the earth, He will always have a chosen people who know & obey His Voice/the Son to keep His Seed alive by it being planted in the soil of men's hearts for the earth is the garden of God and the pruning ground for birthing the angels being the sons of God. Seedtime and harvest every 7,000yrs. 6 days we work & 1 day rest and a day of the Lord is 1,000 or ours, World without end.

And here is the scripture to support it:
Rom 8:14-23
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ
; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

KJV

Gen 8:22
22 While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.
KJV
Eph 3:21
21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.
KJV
Isa 45:17
17 But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.
KJV

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
guysmith said:
Terry and Retrobyter,

Well, in that sense then, Jesus Christ is the Resurrection and Eternal Life.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
They asked each other, Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and open the scriptures to us?
Luke 24:25-27

John_8:32

Nov 9, 2012
Scripture says it for me...

Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: