A real haunted house

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Several years back a family member asked us to look at a house they were considering buying. As soon as we went there I didn't like the house - I couldn't say why, only that it was on a lonely stretch of road and sat off by itself.

Against my wishes they purchased the house and moved in. Strange things began happening: lights would turn on and off and the TV would turn on and off by itself. They began seeing dark shadows walking through the house. They were sitting on the front porch and had a bottle sitting on the railing and the bottle slid off the railing by itself and crashed on the porch.

Knowing that they weren't imagining it, they left a recorder in the house and then returned. There was an audible voice on there saying "Get out!" It said other things but it scared me so bad I can't recall all that was said.

Then one of their friends was sleeping on the couch and woke up with someone choking him - with no one around. He left the house 3:00 a.m. in the morning and refused to return. My relative was left in the house and heard something being dragged in the attic above them and got up and left the house.

They abandoned the house and the bank took it over. I tried to get someone to go in and cleanse the house but couldn't. Someone eventually moved in and every once in awhile we pass the house and it gives me the creeps. I wondered if I should leave them a note warning them or just let them find out for themselves?

I read that cases like this are increasing.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Reactions: 4Jesus

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My auntie used to live in an old farm cottage and occasionally when we visited we could smell a pleasant perfume which just came from nowhere and the dog would sit staring at 'nothing' with her hackles raised. It didn't feel bad though.

4Jesus

Feb 15, 2019
Philly
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Several years back a family member asked us to look at a house they were considering buying. As soon as we went there I didn't like the house - I couldn't say why, only that it was on a lonely stretch of road and sat off by itself.

Against my wishes they purchased the house and moved in. Strange things began happening: lights would turn on and off and the TV would turn on and off by itself. They began seeing dark shadows walking through the house. They were sitting on the front porch and had a bottle sitting on the railing and the bottle slid off the railing by itself and crashed on the porch.

Knowing that they weren't imagining it, they left a recorder in the house and then returned. There was an audible voice on there saying "Get out!" It said other things but it scared me so bad I can't recall all that was said.

Then one of their friends was sleeping on the couch and woke up with someone choking him - with no one around. He left the house 3:00 a.m. in the morning and refused to return. My relative was left in the house and heard something being dragged in the attic above them and got up and left the house.

They abandoned the house and the bank took it over. I tried to get someone to go in and cleanse the house but couldn't. Someone eventually moved in and every once in awhile we pass the house and it gives me the creeps. I wondered if I should leave them a note warning them or just let them find out for themselves?

I read that cases like this are increasing.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

I only know of hearsay; I've never experienced anything like a haunted house. Was it an old house? It doesn't ever seem to be recent construction though, which is kinda funny. The dark spirits think the materials used in construction of houses 'back in the day' is preferrable...heh, don't we all :)

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I only know of hearsay; I've never experienced anything like a haunted house. Was it an old house? It doesn't ever seem to be recent construction though, which is kinda funny. The dark spirits think the materials used in construction of houses 'back in the day' is preferrable...heh, don't we all :)

It wasn't real old - maybe built back in the 70's. It's funny that when I first went to the house - something evil had already obviously been inhabiting it - nothing manifested while I was there. The family member and their friends actually brought a bible into the house thinking that would stop it. They read Bible passages (the relative was only a baby Christian) but it had no apparent effect on the activity in the house.

I was surprised that it was so hard to find someone to cleanse the house. I certainly didn't feel comfortable doing it and after I learned what had been going on in the house I did not even want to step foot onto the property. I called around but couldn't get anyone to do it. I get pangs of guilt that unwitting people bought the house.

They left some items worth money in the house - I didn't want them taking anything out. I had actually hoped the house would be destroyed somehow but it wasn't.

It made me wonder if anyone else had ever encountered anything like it. I saw a show on TV about it and they said that there has been an upswing in cases of these sort. In fact, I tracked down the priest who was on the show and contacted him but he didn't get permission to do it. It seems like some group that is reputable should be doing it so that something necessary isn't left to charlatans.