A Salute to Miss Hepburn...and His family

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
A few days ago I read the following post, written by our new member, Miss Hepburn.
I find I can not expect anything from anyone - I'm much happier that way. At your age, I was very hurt by so many people all the time. I'm not shut down ---just wiser. I have my own happiness -kind of like an only child must be like - if someone is nice to me or remembers my birthday - hey, it's sweet now - but I don't need even one person -not one to comfort me or remember me in any way any more ---What Freedom. What joy to be happy and inspired and feel a presence if I attune myself. Ahh, getting older does have it's benefits. ;) Miss Hepburn
That message exactly states my life at present! Reading it was like seeing myself. Freedom, joy, inspiration, happiness, even in becoming older, is from being in His house, being of His family. When reading the following verses it brought Miss Hepburn's post to mind. I quote them for others in this family. To the holy brethren of this forum..... Hebrews 3:1 Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus; 3:5-6 And Moses verily was faithful in all His house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after; But Christ as a Son over His own house; Whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end. 11:5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. 11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith. 11:8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went. (10) For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God. 11:11 Through faith also Sara herself receied strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged Him faithful Who had promised. 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country. And truly if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned. But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for He hath prepared for them a city. Revelation 21:10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.Our age doesn't matter but our faith does for by faith we are translated to not see death...not see the second death. We shall all die once as did Enoch, Abraham, Sarah, Moses, etc. As witnesses for Him, we are heirs of the inheritance and are of the holy city Jerusalem. That is the city we look for while in our flesh bodies. We, as Miss Hepburn has stated....let go of this world and it's carnal lusts. We don't turn back as did the wife of Lot. We acknowledge in our beings that we are strangers on this earth. We are His "peculiar people." Knowing that brings....freedom, joy, inspiration, peace and total happiness....no matter what we may face in this flesh life.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whirlwind,Are you too funny or what?!!! I almost spit my coffee on the screen when I saw your topic title!!Cheers, sister(or brother?);) Miss Hepburn