A very urgent and important prayer request

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jeikobu

Nov 2, 2007
On Halloween night, a very good Christian friend of mine and my family's (he's like an uncle to my siblings and me) was caught up in a deadly shooting incident. He certainly wasn't involved in the shooting itself, but sadly was caught up in the aftermath. A young teenage boy was shot by some unknown suspects in a dark truck, and the place he was shot was right across from my friend's house. After being shot, he managed to stumble over into my friend's yard. My friend had come out to help, and the boy ended up dying in my friend's arms. My friend has such a tremendously big and gentle heart, especially when it comes to babies and kids. This obviously has him very torn up.But what makes things far worse is that he is a Vietnam veteran. He's been in therapy for a past number of years to help him remember and deal with all the horrific and traumatizing things he saw in 'Nam, but it's been tough for him to even recall those repressed memories, let alone deal with them. Now this whole incident has taken him right back to 'Nam. There were also halligen (sp?) lights in put up in his yard, and all he could see when he saw those were the flares that were sent up in 'Nam when someone was injured and needed help.He's now staying in his wife's apartment (long story, she hasn't been a good or helpful wife to him at all in recent years) since his yard is taped off as a crime scene. He was able to get his clothes, but he badly needs his medicine, because he has severe post traumatic stress disorder from 'Nam. However, none of his family is helping him out at all.Please, I need you to pray very hard for him, and please tell any other believers you know to pray as well. He struggling very badly right now. When my sister talked to him on the phone the other day, he was stuttering like crazy and was talking so quickly and saying so many quick and random things that he barely made sense. My dad talked to him on the phone today and said he's doing better (at least now he's making more sense and is coherent, and realizes he's stuttering), but obviously he's still having a very, very hard time. Halloween has always been a bad time of year for him, and so it's obviously no coincidence that this happened on Halloween night. He's being very heavily attacked spiritually. The demons involved in cases like these are very persistent and tormenting, and my friend is being attacked by many of them.Please, pray hard and constantly for him, that God would grant him peace and relieve his pain, and that He would heal him of all of this torment. Please also rebuke Satan's hand in this in the name and by the blood of Jesus Christ, that he and his demons would leave him entirely. He really needs everyone's help right now. Please pray really hard.Thank you very much, and God bless.