Abolishing Religious Freedom (courts)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016

Abolishing Religious Freedom

A pharmacy in Olympia, WA didn’t want to sell abortion drugs. Ralph’s Thriftway (locally owned) was represented by attorneys from Becket Fund and Alliance Defending Freedom. Thirty other pharmacies within 5 miles of the pharmacy had the abortion inducing drugs but that was not good enough for the radical leftist thugs.

An article from The Wanderer says that pro-abortion activists took the pharmacy to court. Judge Leighton (God bless him) summarized the case

“This case [poses the] question: Can the state compel licensed pharmacies… to dispense [abortifacients] over their… religious belief that doing so [is murder]?”

Wanderer: In 2007, under pressure from Planned Parenthood and the Northwest Woman’s Law Center, the Washington state Board of Pharmacies enacted regulations designed to do just that. Judge Leighton said “In the case of a pharmacy owner with religious objections… there is no option other than to [go out of] business—and the Board was well aware of [that] when it designed the rule. The facts… lead to the inescapable conclusion that the Board’s rules discriminate intentionally and impinge on… [the] fundamental right to free exercise of religion.”

But the Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit overturned that opinion

Then Sup Ct “Justices” Kennedy, Ginsberg, Breyer, Kagan and Sotomayer declined to hear the case

Alito said “The dilemma… is plain: Violate your sincerely held religious belief or get out of the pharmacy business… Washington would rather have no pharmacy than one that doesn’t toe the [pro-death] line… If this is a sign of how religious liberty claims will be treated in the years to come, those who value religious freedom have great cause for concern. To force a family-owned [business]… to cooperate in the taking of [life]—or… leave the… business—is an act of tyranny… Five justices on the… Supreme Court [are OK with that].

And you wonder why conservatives, Christians… people of good will say that this election year it is crucial... to vote for someone who respects the Constitution, and will appoint to the Sup Ct those who adhere to it? That is Donald Trump ONLY

Again, without the Constitution, we are no better than any other nation…

Thorwald

Apr 7, 2011
Thunder Bay
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ScaliaFan said:

Abolishing Religious Freedom

A pharmacy in Olympia, WA didn’t want to sell abortion drugs. Ralph’s Thriftway (locally owned) was represented by attorneys from Becket Fund and Alliance Defending Freedom. Thirty other pharmacies within 5 miles of the pharmacy had the abortion inducing drugs but that was not good enough for the radical leftist thugs.

An article from The Wanderer says that pro-abortion activists took the pharmacy to court. Judge Leighton (God bless him) summarized the case

“This case [poses the] question: Can the state compel licensed pharmacies… to dispense [abortifacients] over their… religious belief that doing so [is murder]?”

Wanderer: In 2007, under pressure from Planned Parenthood and the Northwest Woman’s Law Center, the Washington state Board of Pharmacies enacted regulations designed to do just that. Judge Leighton said “In the case of a pharmacy owner with religious objections… there is no option other than to [go out of] business—and the Board was well aware of [that] when it designed the rule. The facts… lead to the inescapable conclusion that the Board’s rules discriminate intentionally and impinge on… [the] fundamental right to free exercise of religion.”

But the Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit overturned that opinion

Then Sup Ct “Justices” Kennedy, Ginsberg, Breyer, Kagan and Sotomayer declined to hear the case

Alito said “The dilemma… is plain: Violate your sincerely held religious belief or get out of the pharmacy business… Washington would rather have no pharmacy than one that doesn’t toe the [pro-death] line… If this is a sign of how religious liberty claims will be treated in the years to come, those who value religious freedom have great cause for concern. To force a family-owned [business]… to cooperate in the taking of [life]—or… leave the… business—is an act of tyranny… Five justices on the… Supreme Court [are OK with that].

And you wonder why conservatives, Christians… people of good will say that this election year it is crucial... to vote for someone who respects the Constitution, and will appoint to the Sup Ct those who adhere to it? That is Donald Trump ONLY

Again, without the Constitution, we are no better than any other nation…
Well said. Take this 'church vs state' problem a little further...God forgives us for our sins, if we go to Him in prayer and seek His forgiveness. The 'state' brands 'criminals', forever, with a criminal record, even though God has forgiven those who properly sought God's forgiveness.

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
Thorwald said:
Well said. Take this 'church vs state' problem a little further...God forgives us for our sins, if we go to Him in prayer and seek His forgiveness. The 'state' brands 'criminals', forever, with a criminal record, even though God has forgiven those who properly sought God's forgiveness.
yes, something should be done for criminals who are truly repentant but it is understandable society does not trust them... kind of a dilemma

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I stand with you on this one, Scaliafan. Not because I agree with the pharmacies' decision (I'm on the fence about it), but becausr I support their right to that decision.

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
FHII said:
I stand with you on this one, Scaliafan. Not because I agree with the pharmacies' decision (I'm on the fence about it), but becausr I support their right to that decision.
well, yes, but abortion is murder, whether done with pills or mutilating instruments