abraham chief?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

andrew

Apr 5, 2007
Just what was abraham? a local village elder? just a regular wanderer who happened to be good at bringing people together? a chief?

betchevy

Jan 7, 2007
Abraham was a man who lived in Ur, His father was a seller of idols and a maker of idols... Abrahm did not work in his fathers business, but became a shepherd... The traditional story says, he rejected the sacrifice of children to Molech , the sun god... a very Santa like creation. Babies were burned on the altar of Molech and the supplicants would line up with a list of their desires, to place in the lap of Molech who was made of iron and had a fire inside like a big wood stove. The sacrifice of the child was how you got your wish list.Being a shepherd in the desert Abrahm cried out to the sky, if there is a god who really exists, you must tell me and God did.. God and Abrahm develped a relationship and God told him to leave his father and go away... his cousin Lot went with him... the rest is in the Bible... Genesis 12: The things I tell you as a Jewish woman were handed down verbally and I cannot say they are 100% true, what is written in Genesis 12 and on is true.....God changed his name to Abraham around chapter 18... He was a man of faith not unlike Noah, Enoch, and others of who his was of their bloodline. His bloodline was pure from the mixing of the impure races mixed with the Nephellium.. or fallen angels.

andrew

Apr 5, 2007
Those sacrifices.. They are terrible.How outrageous that someone could think of something so terrible.I really don't like this yah we guy.He is a murderer and and takes pride in it.Then again i don't know about baal or the other pantheon gods.Yah we does get compassionate after a certain period.

betchevy

Jan 7, 2007
Molech is a false god a creation of Satan....you really need to learn before you start talking like that...I mean... God stopped all that...child murder....yahwe as you call Him...it YHVH YAHVEH>>>>btw...Anderw stick around ask as many questions as you like , but pay attention to the answers don't go saying bad stuff about God around here if you want our help...

andrew

Apr 5, 2007
forgive me betchevy,i am beginning to try and become a good christian.My mom and dad are not believers,and therefore i must educate myself.

betchevy

Jan 7, 2007
Of course I forgive you, I only tell you because I love you and I don't want you to get the big guy mad at you...I will be your spiritual mother, and there and many more good spirtual parents here for you.. I will begin by praying for you every day...Do not worry....God loves you soooo much... and He will help you learn if you ask Him...and I will do all I can ask any questions but just don't speak ill of the One who controls the Universe... thats just common sense,,,,

andrew

Apr 5, 2007
So satan was trying to decieve me..I should have known that satan wanted to turn me against god.He may be able to fool me,but satan cannot fool god,he can see into the hearts of all.

betchevy

Jan 7, 2007
God gave you a good brain, He loves you so much ...keep up the good work, you'd be surprised how many "Christians" never see what you just saw, that Satan is real and desires to decieve them... God will Bless you, I am sure of it..

writer4hisglory

Apr 19, 2007
Andrew, I would read through the book of John, if I were a new Christian and trying to understand the love of God. Yahwe is another name for God, just as Jehovah. God does not take pleasure in the killing of others, and whenever we read of God commanding His people to kill those who they are going against, it is judgment against their wickedness and rejection towards God. (Remember, every one of those nations descended from Noah, and therefore had a chance to remain with God or choose to walk away... how sad that most chose the latter.) I am glad to hear that you are a Christian. Make sure that you are in a Bible believing Church, and that you are surrounded by people who will help you come to know Christ more and more.