Abram was a type for us to follow

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
As Christ is our Savior...we who follow Him are christians and of the body of Christ. As Christ is The First Fruit...we that follow Him in all things are also first fruits. As Christ is The Man Child...we who follow Him are men children...which means some of us are among the very elect. Abram too was a man child, an elect of our Father. Chosen for a specific task...as we are. In the following look past the surface that is the historical story about this man of God. See the message directed to us, our example for which Abram was a type..... 1 Corinthians 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.Place yourself, one of God's elect, His man child, in the place of Abram. See that God is also directing you: Genesis 12:1-3 Now the LORD had said unto Abram, "Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee: And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed. We, as the body of Christ, will be a...great nation! A blessed nation and others that hear His Word as we take it forward...will be blessed too. As He told Abram to leave his father's house...so He tells us: Matthew 19:5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?This "man" in the spiritual sense is not male in gender..."there is neither male nor female," [Galatians 3:28] The man is the man child, the elect, and they shall cleave to the wife. Here, Sarai is symbolic of the wife, the woman, the body of Christ...the church. 12:5 And Abram took Sarai his wife, and Lot his brother's son, and all their substance that they had gathered, and the souls that they had gotten in Haran; and they went forth to go into the land of Canaan; and into the land of Canaan they came. Canaanites are merchants...they buy and sell. I believe they are those buying and selling souls in the end of days with false doctrine. [Revelation 13:17]. They are those that will not be in the house of the Lord. Zechariah 14:21 Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holiness unto the LORD of hosts: and all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and seethe therein: and in that day there shall be no more the Canaanite in the house of the LORD of hosts.Into their land went Abram and his wife...the elect and the body of Christ.12:10-12 And there was a famine in the land; and Abram went down into Egypt to sojourn there; for the famine was grievous in the land. And it came to pass, when he was come near to enter into Egypt, that he said unto Sarai his wife, "Behold now, I know that thou art a fair woman to look upon: Therefore it shall come to pass, when the Egyptians shall see thee, that they shall say, 'This is his wife:' and they will kill me, but they will save thee alive. Biblically, Egypt is symbolic of the world and it's carnal lusts. The Pharaoh, ruler of Egypt, is symbolic of Satan...ruler of the carnal world. There was a literal famine at that time but now it is for spiritual food and water..... Amos 8:11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:12:14-15 And it came to pass, that, when Abram was come into Egypt, the Egyptians beheld the woman that she was very fair. The princes also of Pharaoh saw her, and commended her before Pharaoh: and the woman was taken into Pharaoh's house. When Abram, the man child/elect, go into the world to take His Word forward....the wife, the church, will be "taken into Pharaoh's house." Satan wants the wife and she will be "taken." The wife is the spiritual city of Jerusalem. The city He loves. Zechariah 14:2-3 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the People shall not be cut off from the city. Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when He fought in the day of battle. 12:17 And the LORD plagued Pharaoh and his house with great plagues because of Sarai Abram's wife. Revelation 16:21 And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.12:20 And Pharaoh commanded his men concerning him: and they sent him away, and his wife, and all that he had. Our Father will take the wife, the church, the body of Christ back from Satan. But, for a time she will fall into apostasy and be "taken." I think taken by the lie, the strong delusion God sends to test us. We, as His man child, His very elect, are to testify for Him so that His truth is heard. We are to plant the seed and in the last days those taken will hear and understand. 11 Thessalonians 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.