Abused at work. Need prayers again.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

layhoma

May 23, 2012
Hong Kong
This is the 2nd time I posted on behalf of my friend Bonny, who has been constantly being targeted by co-workers at work. This is her 6th week into this new job and two people relentlessly abusing her through harsh interrogation tactics, abusive words, senseless harassment and office politics.

6 weeks she never fought back and on the contrary, she kept her Christ-like composure and remained passive and positive towards those aggressors. Always giving the other cheek but to little avail. Until yesterday, she finally collapsed under this this on going onslaught and burst into tears and cried for help on the phone, asking me what to do. Lost and felt disconnect with God (IMHO), she must make a choice whether to quit the job, despite heavy in debts.

Her predicament: She has prayed earnestly for this job in the beginning and through hundreds of applicants she was chosen. In her words, it is a miracle provided by the good Lord and perhaps through this job is where He want her to spread the seeds to further His kingdom, besides providing a steady income for her family.

Please pray for her. If you have heard the sound of her broken spirit through her voice, you would be heart broken.

In Christ :(

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
This is the 2nd time I posted on behalf of my friend Bonny, who has been constantly being targeted by co-workers at work. This is her 6th week into this new job and two people relentlessly abusing her through harsh interrogation tactics, abusive words, senseless harassment and office politics.

6 weeks she never fought back and on the contrary, she kept her Christ-like composure and remained passive and positive towards those aggressors. Always giving the other cheek but to little avail. Until yesterday, she finally collapsed under this this on going onslaught and burst into tears and cried for help on the phone, asking me what to do. Lost and felt disconnect with God (IMHO), she must make a choice whether to quit the job, despite heavy in debts.

Her predicament: She has prayed earnestly for this job in the beginning and through hundreds of applicants she was chosen. In her words, it is a miracle provided by the good Lord and perhaps through this job is where He want her to spread the seeds to further His kingdom, besides providing a steady income for her family.

Please pray for her. If you have heard the sound of her broken spirit through her voice, you would be heart broken.

In Christ :(
Praying for Bonny right now.

Shirley

Aug 15, 2011
Ohio USA
Father in Heaven, Please comfort Bonny and give her strength and wisdom. Please soften the hearts of the unkind co workers. In Jesus name

layhoma

May 23, 2012
Hong Kong
Please continue to pray for Bonny. One can only take so much punishment and it is her will expressed to me on phone today to continue to endure this hardship until she hears clearly what God wants her to do, or to leave or otherwise. Jumping the wagon for her meant disrespectful to the Lord for it is He who put her in this place. In the meantime she is now taking sleeping pills and regiment of anti-anxiety meds trying to keep her depression at bay.

Please don't let the prayers stop.

Thank you all bro and sis in Christ!

Shirley

Aug 15, 2011
Ohio USA
I am concerned b/c downers do not help depression.

Father please help Bonny! You know what she needs and you know what is best for her. Please guide her and heal her. In Jesus name

layhoma

May 23, 2012
Hong Kong
I am concerned b/c downers do not help depression.

Father please help Bonny! You know what she needs and you know what is best for her. Please guide her and heal her. In Jesus name

Thank you I have edited the typo and it was indeed misleading. Bless you!

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi layhoma,

it is her will expressed to me on phone today to continue to endure this hardship until she hears clearly what God wants her to do, or to leave or otherwise. Jumping the wagon for her meant disrespectful to the Lord for it is He who put her in this place.

I believe this is the correct attitude, and she should do her best to trust the Lord and focus on Him, worshipping Him all day long in her spirit, speaking in tongues or making melody in her heart to Him, that she may be being filled with the Spirit as she honours Him in these practical ways.

It may be that the two co-workers also applied for her job (I'm not sure if she is over them, or equal.) and are angry to have been by-passed. Or, they may be reacting like this because she is bringing the presence of Christ near to them, and there is a spiritual battle going on in their hearts and minds. I believe they will change as we pray for them. Additionally, if Bonny can receive strength from the Lord, and healing, and know a real restoration of her soul, she will find she can be perfectly fair to them, and love them as enemies (in the first instance), and will find a degree of release from the feelings of persecution. Peter's first epistle might encourage her, and also, what the Lord said to Paul as reported in Acts 9:16.

Philippians 1:28 And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God. 29 For to you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

James 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; 3 Knowing [this], that the trying of your faith works patience. 4 But let patience have [her] perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. 5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all [men] liberally, and upbraids not; and it shall be given him.

The following is shared in the hope of encouraging Bonny that many have had similar trials and challenges in which to grow in grace, and she is on the right track to keep trusting the Lord to bring her through into tangible victory and real rejoicing.

It is taken from Oswald Chambers' devotional book, My Utmost for His Highest, 18th December. www.utmost.org (Classic)

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God. — Romans 8:28

.... It is only the loyal soul who believes that God engineers circumstances....
To be faithful in every circumstance means that we have only one loyalty, and that is to our Lord. Suddenly God breaks up a particular set of circumstances, and the realization comes that we have been disloyal to Him by not recognizing that He had ordered them; we never saw what He was after, and that particular thing will never be repeated all the days of our life. The test of loyalty always comes just there. If we learn to worship God in the trying circumstances, He will alter them in two seconds when He chooses....The idea is not that we do work for God, but that we are so loyal to Him that He can do His work through us – "I reckon on you for extreme service, with no complaining on your part and no explanation on Mine." God wants to use us as He used His own Son.

I will be praying for Bonny. Please greet her in Jesus' name, from those of us who feel led to pray.

layhoma

May 23, 2012
Hong Kong
Bonny has been reading this and some other threads and there is a hint through revelation that is revealed to her today by the Lord. She thinks it is time to hand her employer a letter of resignation. She hasn't slept for days and her health and sanity are deteriorating rapidly. Here is the challenge, she is scared stiff. Her boss is a very powerful person in the community and her boss likes her very much. That's why there are so many attacks from her teammates. It is anticipated that her boss won't let her go easily just by downplaying the truth, for she wants to avoid pointing fingers. If Bonny tell the truth, more ruthless retaliation is expected. Even with a successful acceptance of resignation, she would still have to stay a while for a hand over.. This hand over period, sorry for my lack of better words, would be like hell on earth for Bonny.

I will stop with my or her presumptuous earthly rationals or predictions, God will provide a way when there seems to be no way. Amen.

She desperately need all your collective prayers in the followings:

Pray that the spirit of fear in her would be cast out in the name of Jesus ! She is really living in fear 24/7.
Pray that her faith would not waiver despite the impossible challenges ahead
Pray that that she would be guided by the Holy Spirit but not other foul spirits that are trying to derail her.
Pray she is physically and mentally healed By His Wounds.
Pray that whatever happens in the next few days would be His will but not hers.

Bonny is reading this post and I believe she wants me to say a heartfelt thanks to all of you who
have been so persistent in prayers and providing uplifting words and scriptures that had kept her
going despite adversity.

Bless you all in the name of Jesus!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Father,
I pray that you will give Bonny the ability to endure this trial. Please strengthen her in the days ahead with the knowledge that the battle belongs to you. Grant her peace which surpasses all comprehension...
peacedove.gif

Father, comfort her I pray, under the shadow of your wings and heal her of every wound, every arrow, every dart, every careless word, spoken against her.
I pray that she may only look with her eyes and see your mighty hand at work in this situation, as she leans in and puts her trust in you.
I ask this Father, in Jesus mighty name!
prayinghardsmiley.gif

layhoma

May 23, 2012
Hong Kong
* I would like to thank all of you whose prayers have made a definitive impact on her to this day: a word of gratitude to all our bros and sis who are so persistent and being so patient.*

Latest update.

[background=rgb(240, 248, 255)]Convinced by her Christian friends she reported and exposed these unwanted activities to her boss after having made a decision to resign. It is just an obligation to tell the truth as an employee before leaving.[/background]

[background=rgb(240, 248, 255)]In a turn of events, all perpetrators are rooted out and disciplined. Bonny's boss is grateful of her bravery and honesty and insisted she must stay to serve her regardless of Bonny's plead to be let go. Who wouldn't like a person that exhibit the fruits of the Holy Spirit ?! Only those who are possessed by satan would wage war against Christians.[/background]

[background=rgb(240, 248, 255)]Now after rattling the hornet's nest, these perpetrators are forming an alliance for a subtle retaliation against Bonny. Deprived from sleep and depression setting in from these onslaughts, she is living in constant fear. She still has work to do as revealed through the Holy Spirit. She chooses to stay until her work is completed. There is no greater fear than to fear God![/background]

[background=rgb(240, 248, 255)]Please CONTINUE to pray for her well being, pray for the Lord's providing her a way to escape, pray for her faith not to waiver, pray for the spirit of fear in her to be gone in the name of Jesus![/background]

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi layhoma,

Thank you for this update, and the good news that her boss was sympathetic. I will continue to pray for Bonny.

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi layhoma,

The Lord has brought again this verse to mind:

Philippians 1:28 And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God.

And more like it:

1 Thessalonians 2:2 But even after that we had suffered before, and were shamefully entreated, as ye know, at Philippi, we were bold in our God to speak to you the gospel of God with much contention... 4 But as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, who tries our hearts...

11 As ye know how we exhorted and comforted and charged every one of you, as a father his children, 12 That ye would walk worthy of God, who hath called you to his kingdom and glory. 13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received not the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually works also in you that believe.

14 For ye, brethren, became followers of the churches of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they of the Jews: 15 Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men:

2 Thessalonians 1:3 We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is meet, because your faith grows exceedingly, and the charity of every one of you all toward each other abounds; 4 So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure: 5 - a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer: 6 Seeing [it is] a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you; 7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, 8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: 9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; 10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

11 Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of [this] calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of [his] goodness, and the work of faith with power: 12 That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

layhoma

May 23, 2012
Hong Kong
Hi layhoma,

The Lord has brought again this verse to mind:

Philippians 1:28 And in nothing terrified by your adversaries: which is to them an evident token of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that of God.

And more like it:

1 Thessalonians 2:2 But even after that we had suffered before, and were shamefully entreated, as ye know, at Philippi, we were bold in our God to speak to you the gospel of God with much contention... 4 But as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, who tries our hearts...

11 As ye know how we exhorted and comforted and charged every one of you, as a father his children, 12 That ye would walk worthy of God, who hath called you to his kingdom and glory. 13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received not the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually works also in you that believe.

14 For ye, brethren, became followers of the churches of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they of the Jews: 15 Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men:

2 Thessalonians 1:3 We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is meet, because your faith grows exceedingly, and the charity of every one of you all toward each other abounds; 4 So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure: 5 - a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer: 6 Seeing [it is] a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you; 7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, 8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: 9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; 10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

11 Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of [this] calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of [his] goodness, and the work of faith with power: 12 That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Thanks dragonfly, you have always been a great support and spiritual adviser to both me and Bonny. Perhaps you would like to join me in my new prayer request thread under " praying for a lady who prosecute my friend". God Bless You!