addicted to excess food consumption.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DicipleofJesus

Oct 20, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am overcoming the abovementionned addiction. The reasons were about eating emotions and trying to solve the problem on my own. Never made the emotions stay away forever. It is harmful and unacceptable because my body is the Temple of the Holy Spirit. So by over eating I do not take care of this temple at all. But I did all my human attempts to end overeating which did not work. I discoverred the REAL Jesus last night upon ending my reading of the Sermon on the Mount. I have the fuzzies inside me now. But I know they won't remain. That scares me. What happens then? Meanwhile I try to stay close to Jesus.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am overcoming the abovementionned addiction. The reasons were about eating emotions and trying to solve the problem on my own. Never made the emotions stay away forever. It is harmful and unacceptable because my body is the Temple of the Holy Spirit. So by over eating I do not take care of this temple at all. But I did all my human attempts to end overeating which did not work. I discoverred the REAL Jesus last night upon ending my reading of the Sermon on the Mount. I have the fuzzies inside me now. But I know they won't remain. That scares me. What happens then? Meanwhile I try to stay close to Jesus.
I cannot answer directly regarding the physical part of it, but I know as you do, that our God is able in every situation. At times He has provided instantaneously complete physical healing for people, but if He does not, do not get discouraged. The important thing is remember what you discovered last night. Lean on Jesus and lean on Him hard now and always. When you cannot handle it, He can:

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matt 11:28-30

Reactions: Pisteuo and Job

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You keep moving forward. Sometimes we may fail in our objectives but we must continue to move forward in our battle against the enemy of our soul. Get back up, repent if it is needed, brush ourselves off and continue onward ~ Christian soldier. The battle does belong to the Lord and we can play our part by trusting God, reading his word, fellowship with other believers and growing in grace through study and whatever other tools you have for growth. Out of that growth comes the fruit of righteousness....

Reactions: Pisteuo

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you have just come to Christ as your Lord and Saviour, you now need to look for a Bible believing Church. If you have not been water baptized, then get baptized.

Ask the people of your Church to pray with you concerning this problem. The Holy Spirit, will through them, encourage you and instruct you.

Maintain a daily Bible reading. Maintain a daily prayer time. Fast and pray. Fasting is denying oneself in the flesh for the growth of the spirit. Start slow. Perhaps once a week have a 24 hour fast. Overtime as the Lord leads you can increase it to 48 hours etc. etc.

You need to learn denial of self, and fasting will help with that.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
personally i would stay as far away from a building with a cross on the top of it as you can, but do as you like there. And i loves me some Jesus too, ok.

as for the fasting, the most uncomfortable part is the transition from normal metabolism into ketosis--fat burning--and after the transition the discomfort diminishes considerably. While it does get easier to get through the transition after several experiences there, it gets no less comfortable, so you might reflect on this once you have actually gone into ketosis. You can live on your fat just fine, your ancestors did it all the time. If you get "weak," you can eat protein and stay in ketosis, but try and avoid that as much as possible.

these diets that have you yoyoing in and out of ketosis are retarded, if you ask me, who could even do that. Entering ketosis is a pain, and there is no reason to not stay there a while once you have done the hardest part. In two days your stomach has completely stopped growling, and the candida overgrowth is all but dead in three days, flush and replace with good bacteria. You are in my prayers, i have people who have already gone through that if you need a support group, some of them 5 and 6 weeks fasting.

Imo do it now, while you have the spirit.

Reactions: Helen

DicipleofJesus

Oct 20, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank you everybody. I have no plans to go to Church right off. I was an active Born again Christian for twenty years about and then ran from it due to the corporate sin of idolatory(putting the teachings of Family Values ahead of the Word of God when the two teachings contradicted each other) This goes on in quite a few assemblies around here. That among other self centerred practices. I can do without those human distractions for now. I am already on a diet to lose weight. I have lost fifty pounds at the moment. I am also going to a support group. I became obese in 2004 due to weight gain being a side effect of two medications I was put on. Went from size 42 to size 52 in waist size in pants. I'm now down to size 44 again. But emotions can do a number on me when it comes to over eating. But keeping close to Jesus is my main goal for now. He came before those Family Values , mentionned above, did. I was water baptised a very long time ago in a Christian church. Thanks for all the advice.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But emotions can do a number on me when it comes to over eating.

I can relate to your struggle and this is the truth I come to realize. The more I focused on my addiction, the bigger it grew. My addiction was a symptom. God began to reveal things, sins, I didn't even know were there. It is painful when the LORD cuts. When he reveals your state without him it is ugly and depressing. But He doesn't leave you there. The Spirit walks you through the valley. I pray this post gives you some comfort. Speaking of comfort; The Spirit is the comforter. When you are born again(spiritually) and the helper comes; food is no longer your comfort.

Remember, you are not alone. Others struggle also. When you are completely down and hopeless and feel as if nothing will ever change; thank and praise the LORD. Praise and thank Him because of the work of Christ and that you are no longer hopeless. I am going to be honest: God is not as concerned with your weight as you are. God wants you healthy. God wants you free from torment. God wants to give you a new heart and a helper(His Spirt). God wants to give you life. Peace. Love. Joy. Continue in His word and you will see: the battle over this addiction has already been won by Christ. It has no hold over you anymore. You are born of God. You just have to realize the praise-worthy truth in that. You have a new name.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I have the fuzzies inside me now. But I know they won't remain. That scares me. What happens then?
so, i guess the usual path in this case of knowing and fear is to become possessed by seven spirits worse, which i can certainly witness about lol, but it seems that you are kind of maybe really a bit further along on your path than what this indicates now, yes? Iow it seems that you really are not scared now?

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

did you ever ask the Lord why you over eat or that he would show you what it is that brings you to over eat? you must remember its not the world its you and how you think and respond. what is the thought process just before you go there? what are you thinking and why when that comes to you? its most likely an issue you haven't dealt with or repented from. repenting is something done once its something done every time you find yourself entertaining what you know is detrimental to your relationship with the Lord.

you are to take on the mind of Christ, that means you change what you think a thought at a time until you are at peace with what may ail you or worry you. the Lord will be glad to show you or tell you what you need to know. thing is don't say "but", say you don't understand.

James isn't lying when he said:

Jas_1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

you overcome such things with God's Wisdom Knowledge and Understanding, not your own, or man's.

DicipleofJesus

Oct 20, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
so, i guess the usual path in this case of knowing and fear is to become possessed by seven spirits worse, which i can certainly witness about lol, but it seems that you are kind of maybe really a bit further along on your path than what this indicates now, yes? Iow it seems that you really are not scared now?
yI attempted to live my life my way for several years and therefore had only my understanding to rely on ,which didn't help me much. So I'm back to relying on Jesus. Feels so much better and peaceful.

DicipleofJesus

Oct 20, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
An update: I Boughttt a pair of pants on Friday. They are 2 inches shorter in the waist. That comes total of ten inches lost in the waist. WOW and Praise God.

Reactions: amadeus
B

Butterfly

Hi Discipleofjesus,
I went through the battle of breaking free of bulimia - I also use to use food as a means of dealing with my emotions. It started in my teens, and like you, I tried many avenues of help throughout my adult life. I did go to the church I use to be a part of, big mistake ( it was just the wrong church !! )
It wasn't until I was in my 40's that i found a way forward - right church, but equally right moment in my Christian life - Jesus asked me a question ' do you want to be healed ' - then I started on an amazing journey of inner healing, the Holy Spirit truly became my counsellor- enotions I had pushed down with food had to surface, but Gods timing for the triggers and release were gradual. I also had tolerab to value my emotions and recognise that they were God given- I started to journal ( still do ) it became my place to communicate with the Lord, a place to unravel my mind and ask all kinds of questions along the way - communicating with others is still something I struggle with when issues arise, but I am learning also to lean on the Lord and trust ( it's an uphill battle at times )
I use to get constant mind games, but through wise ministry, and a night spent leaving a whole range of things at the cross, my mind was released- something very sinister left me that night. ( that's was about 8years ago ) since theThe Lord has been dealing with wrong foundations, replacing lies with truth.
I learned a valuable lesson through my whole experience, healing is in Gods timing and unique to every individual. Sometimes it's instant release. God taught me my own psychology, he taught me to so much. Also healing has many layers, physical, spiritual, mental and emotional.
I often followed my own lead, hence why it took me so long to start the healing process, allow Jesus to guide you - follow his lead. Work with him, I kicked against what was happening when things begun to surface- I simply did not understand the process of emotinal healing. When I did it became a fascinating journey.
Well done on tackling the physical side xxxxxx
Butterfly

Reactions: DicipleofJesus