ALL Israel will be saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Romans 11:

Cambridge Bible:

The word "all" does not always mean everyone universally without exception.

A few verses later:

Another example of such a usage is in 2 Chronicles 12:

In the NT, another example is Matthew 2:

It is used to exaggerate the point.

See also The Deliverer from Zion will banish ungodliness from Jacob
Jeremiah 31
37 Thus saith Yhwh; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith Yhwh.

The flip-side of the above coin is that not all the seed of Israel will be cast off - which is what Paul said in Romans 9:6-7 and Romans 11:4-5.

I think that @PinSeeker 's reply is spot-on:

But it also does not mean I do not believe in (at least the possibility of) a coming restoration of all (the house of) Judah, as per my previous reply to @marks 's post.

Last edited:
Reactions: TonyChanYT

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 11:

Cambridge Bible:

The word "all" does not always mean everyone universally without exception.

A few verses later:

Another example of such a usage is in 2 Chronicles 12:

In the NT, another example is Matthew 2:

It is used to exaggerate the point.

See also The Deliverer from Zion will banish ungodliness from Jacob
No it is not used to exaggerate the point. IN Greek there are two "alls" One is each and every thing- everything or everyone. The second is each and every individual of a select group.

Examples in English;

All countries experience weather. (each and every country)
All kids came to the party (each one who were invited-- a select group)

When God says ALL Israel will be saved, He means every single one- after criteria already spelled out are met.

1, The full number of Gentiles are brought in. Romans 11
2. the rebels are purged from Israel Ez. 20 33-38
3. 2/3 of all Jews killed in the tribulation Zech 13:8-9

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 11
26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Zion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Is there is another covenant to be made when He takes away their sins?
Let's return to Isaiah . . .

Isaiah 59:20-21 KJV
20) And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the LORD.
21) As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the LORD; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the LORD, from henceforth and for ever.

This covenant Paul quotes, it concerns the ongoing salvation of the generations of Israel, as the entire nation is saved, Spirit filled, in each generation.

Much love!

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Let's return to Isaiah . . .

Isaiah 59:20-21 KJV
20) And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the LORD.
21) As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the LORD; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the LORD, from henceforth and for ever.

This covenant Paul quotes, it concerns the ongoing salvation of the generations of Israel, as the entire nation is saved, Spirit filled, in each generation.

Much love!
Well up till now only a remnant in each generation has experienced the ongoing salvation of the covenant that Christ made with the house of Israel and the house of Judah in His own blood which He shed for the forgiveness of sins. The redeemer who came to Zion unto them that turned from transgression to faith - the remnant mentioned by Paul.

But their numbers keep growing - even in Israel. I watch videos all the time to look at how open the hearts and minds of Jews in Israel are, who have not heard, but are open to hearing the word and testimony of Jewish believers in Jesus. So much more open nowadays than even just a couple of decades back (with exceptions, of course), but as a rule, they are very open to hearing what those Jews who share the good news have to say. Lots of them gratefully accept a New Testament from those who are testifying to them.

Watching it warms my own heart and helps keep me sane in a world full of hatred and haters.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well up till now only a remnant in each generation has experienced the ongoing salvation of the covenant that Christ made with the house of Israel and the house of Judah in His own blood which He shed for the forgiveness of sins. The redeemer who came to Zion unto them that turned from transgression to faith - the remnant mentioned by Paul.

But their numbers keep growing - even in Israel. I watch videos all the time to look at how open the hearts and minds of Jews in Israel are, who have not heard, but are open to hearing the word and testimony of Jewish believers in Jesus. So much more open nowadays than even just a couple of decades back (with exceptions, of course), but as a rule, they are very open to hearing what those Jews who share the good news have to say.

Watching it warms my own heart and helps keep me sane in a world full of hatred and haters.
I believe that when Jesus returns to earth, all Israel will come to faith in Him to be saved.

Much love!

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that when Jesus returns to earth, all Israel will come to faith in Him to be saved.

Much love!
Well, I believe that when Jesus returns to earth, all of Isreal will have been saved. But the issue here still is, who really makes up Israel? And what we know is that Israel will ultimately be made up of people ~ an innumerable multitude ~ from every tongue, tribe, and nation.

Grace and peace to all.

Reactions: TonyChanYT