Am I alone?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TheOneHeLoves

Nov 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lately, I am retreating to myself more and more. The demons are taking hold of more and more lukewarm christians. what is happening with the LGBT movement is leading to conversations with my friends and finding out they don't know scripture or don't believe or understand what God has said has caused many disagreements.

Those that are strong in their convictions how to you have friends with others that don't share your beliefs?

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Belief in government = belief in slavery.
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Truth is at war with a lie, that's its nature.

Lk 12:51-53: "Do you think I have come to bring peace to the earth? No, I have come to divide people against each other! From now on families will be split apart, three in favor of me, and two against— or two in favor and three against. ‘Father will be divided against son and son against father; mother against daughter and daughter against mother; and mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.’ ”"

The belief in government is the belief in slavery.

TheOneHeLoves

Nov 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I use this scripture all the time!!

Last night I had a disagreement with a friend that attends my Bible Study group. We were talking about Target and the whole trans, homo, push on society and our children. She said that this sin is no different than lying so why do people make sure a big deal about it and want to vilify homosexuality. after a few back and forth statement, I felt this was not going to go anywhere and I ended the call.

this morning, I was led to Proverbs 2:16-22
16 Wisdom will save you also from the adulterous woman, from the wayward woman with her seductive words,
17 who has left the partner of her youth and ignored the covenant she made before God.
18 Surely her house leads down to death and her paths to the spirits of the dead.
19 None who go to her return or attain the paths of life.
20 Thus you will walk in the ways of the good and keep to the paths of the righteous.
21 For the upright will live in the land, and the blameless will remain in it;
22 but the wicked will be cut off from the land, and the unfaithful will be torn from it.

The adulterous woman is the spirit of Jezebel, today we have so called Christians who will claim to follow Jesus but then in private or sneaky ways follow the ways of Satan when it pleases them.

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Belief in government = belief in slavery.
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Last night I had a disagreement with a friend that attends my Bible Study group. We were talking about Target and the whole trans, homo, push on society and our children. She said that this sin is no different than lying so why do people make sure a big deal about it and want to vilify homosexuality. after a few back and forth statement, I felt this was not going to go anywhere and I ended the call.

16 Wisdom will save you also from the adulterous woman, from the wayward woman with her seductive words,
17 who has left the partner of her youth and ignored the covenant she made before God.
18 Surely her house leads down to death and her paths to the spirits of the dead.
20 Thus you will walk in the ways of the good and keep to the paths of the righteous.
22 but the wicked will be cut off from the land, and the unfaithful will be torn from it.

The adulterous woman is the spirit of Jezebel, today we have so called Christians who will claim to follow Jesus but then in private or sneaky ways follow the ways of Satan when it pleases them.

You are right in what you say about freedom and equal rights but you need to understand that all this trans/gay stuff is a eugenics based agenda pushed from the elites. Its a form of mind controle to cull the population. I encourage you to do a bit of research.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lately, I am retreating to myself more and more. The demons are taking hold of more and more lukewarm christians. what is happening with the LGBT movement is leading to conversations with my friends and finding out they don't know scripture or don't believe or understand what God has said has caused many disagreements.

Those that are strong in their convictions how to you have friends with others that don't share your beliefs?
I keep my expectations low and prefer to be close with strong believers. I understand that our faith is not popular and is against global agendas. Many will hate us for our beliefs as Jesus said.

So I try to hold non believers loosely and give them freedom to make their own choices without compromising my beliefs. I know that if they aren't open to the gospel, our friendship may not last.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Your Bible study partner should be aware of two things. First, the stores are being forced by the banks to openly support transgenderism. Second, the clothing line is intended to groom young people so that they might become predisposed to having sex with a pedophile.

Finally, Jesus warned us about how we treat children.

Matthew 18:6
but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a heavy millstone hung around his neck, and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.

Jesus is telling me, and all of us, that it would be better for us to commit suicide rather than cause a little one to stumble. This is serious business.

TheOneHeLoves

Nov 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I keep my expectations low and prefer to be close with strong believers. I understand that our faith is not popular and is against global agendas. Many will hate us for our beliefs as Jesus said.

So I try to hold non believers loosely and give them freedom to make their own choices without compromising my beliefs. I know that if they aren't open to the gospel, our friendship may not last.
She is a believer. I am good and happy being alone just wondering who else is going through this?

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She is a believer. I am good and happy being alone just wondering who else is going through this?
Not me personally but I have a Bible study partner who is going through this also. He works with a couple of so-called transgender folk.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She said that this sin is no different than lying so why do people make sure a big deal about it and want to vilify homosexuality.
Her premise is wrong.

Sex is different than lying in that we survive over time through sex. Therefore, homosexuality, is on par with murder and worse than rape. (Not that I am saying rape is good but one redeeming value of rape is the potential to create life. No such potential exists with homosexuality)

Also, there are 2 major gateways for Satan:
  • Politically: free stuff, such as healthcare.
  • Individually: Hedonism, via sex.
Her rhetorical question is akin to claiming taking poison is no different than eating other foods that are not nutritious, so why do people make sure a big deal about it and want to vilify poison.

Sex is life and there is nothing that is a bigger deal than that.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hi Wynona!
It is very fortunate that you have actual "strong" believers. Even the ones I do know, which are few as I no longer can find a church around me that is not teaching lies, really do not know the bible, I was shocked several years back when I and a woman who attends a church I left. She has been going to that same church for 30 years and still seems, she would rather talk about this life and world and seems to shut down the conversation fairly quick once I start to talk about The Lord. She is a kind lady, about 8 or 9 years my senior.

Very wise to hold unbelievers loosely. And I have recently left pretty much all of them behind and now, much like @TheOneHeLoves where is seems almost impossible these days to have good Christian friends. Thank God for my siblings. God is pretty much ALL we talk about when on phone or visiting. Other than that, I too have very much been isolating. It's not good, I know, but I just believe that God will get me through every day, one at a time.
So glad you have these wonderful brothers and sisters in Christ Wynona! This is the time, more than any other IMHO, that genuine Christians NEED to gather!
xoxo

@TheOneHeLoves ,
I shall remember you in this very prayer I pray all the time, to find others of like mind to stick close to, and it won't be so darned lonely (for myself anyhow) God says it is not good for humankind to be alone, and to not forsake the gathering of the brethren...Yet, when most are lukewarm and asleep in the light, it's tough.
God hear your prayers!

TheOneHeLoves

Nov 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Wynona!
It is very fortunate that you have actual "strong" believers. Even the ones I do know, which are few as I no longer can find a church around me that is not teaching lies, really do not know the bible, I was shocked several years back when I and a woman who attends a church I left. She has been going to that same church for 30 years and still seems, she would rather talk about this life and world and seems to shut down the conversation fairly quick once I start to talk about The Lord. She is a kind lady, about 8 or 9 years my senior.

Very wise to hold unbelievers loosely. And I have recently left pretty much all of them behind and now, much like @TheOneHeLoves where is seems almost impossible these days to have good Christian friends. Thank God for my siblings. God is pretty much ALL we talk about when on phone or visiting. Other than that, I too have very much been isolating. It's not good, I know, but I just believe that God will get me through every day, one at a time.
So glad you have these wonderful brothers and sisters in Christ Wynona! This is the time, more than any other IMHO, that genuine Christians NEED to gather!
xoxo

@TheOneHeLoves ,
I shall remember you in this very prayer I pray all the time, to find others of like mind to stick close to, and it won't be so darned lonely (for myself anyhow) God says it is not good for humankind to be alone, and to not forsake the gathering of the brethren...Yet, when most are lukewarm and asleep in the light, it's tough.
God hear your prayers!
thank you for the prayers. I know God is with me so I don't feel so alone. I live alone and I work alone (8-5 M-F). I garden, walk my dog and work on the yard and find projects to do. I teach Bible Study to 2 groups (monday-high school girls and thursdays- adult ladies) so I have to spend time studying too. I watch PureFlix for movie entertainment. I don't have a best friend other than my 29 year old daughter and 21 year old son. I have a few people I catch up with to discuss sermons, our readings and what God is doing in our lives but they don't live near me so it is just phone calls. Sometimes I want friendships but I really think I like being alone. God is good and has provided a friend when I needed one. sometimes that meant only for a day or two.

• Love
Reactions: Nancy and WillTell

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I keep conversations light with non-Christians. Like light friendships, but I understand we don't share the same beliefs so I often don't share my beliefs with them. Christians make better friends though, if they are true Christians.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

I have a lot of non-believing friends but not many Christian friends. I think this is because my heart and my desire is to lead souls to Christ. This has never been an adherent but rather a blessing as more non-believers seek truth and understanding of the world around them. Every once in a while I come across believers like myself and I am over the moon but Imho, it is not something common.

We need to make ourselves available to Christ through our individual callings so that the work of Christ continues. Sadly, not all new believers are being trained and grow into understanding the importance of getting out of the culture of church and into the world where we are most needed. Instead they get stuck in theology and how secular world affects their beliefs.

The bible tells us that out of our inner most being flows forth rivers of living water. This river cannot be allowed to stagnate and pooled in one place. It needs to be used in a lost and dying world. Blessings and Peace!

Selah

May 15, 2023
heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So sorry this is happening to you, but please know that this is going to happen to us all. We will be hated and persecuted for being Christians. Don’t worry; you will reap heavenly rewards for standing firm against the wiles of the devil in these latter days.

And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
- Matthew 10:22 (KJV)

Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
- Ephesians 6:11-13 (KJV).

TheOneHeLoves

Nov 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a lot of non-believing friends but not many Christian friends. I think this is because my heart and my desire is to lead souls to Christ. This has never been an adherent but rather a blessing as more non-believers seek truth and understanding of the world around them. Every once in a while I come across believers like myself and I am over the moon but Imho, it is not something common.

We need to make ourselves available to Christ through our individual callings so that the work of Christ continues. Sadly, not all new believers are being trained and grow into understanding the importance of getting out of the culture of church and into the world where we are most needed. Instead they get stuck in theology and how secular world affects their beliefs.

The bible tells us that out of our inner most being flows forth rivers of living water. This river cannot be allowed to stagnate and pooled in one place. It needs to be used in a lost and dying world. Blessings and Peace!
I do reach out to non believers but I don't keep them as my close friends. I don't participate in activities that go against God's standards so to be friends with non believers I would have put myself in situations that I don't agree with. I don't curse or speak in a sexual nature, don't drink, nor watch worldly entertainment. they would have not interest in my interest.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I do reach out to non believers but I don't keep them as my close friends. I don't participate in activities that go against God's standards so to be friends with non believers I would have put myself in situations that I don't agree with. I don't curse or speak in a sexual nature, don't drink, nor watch worldly entertainment. they would have not interest in my interest.
My non-believing friends do not invite me to activities that are not christian because they respect my beliefs. My best friend is the Holy Spirit. Very rarely do I hang out with christian friends with simiar interests unless it has to do with specific ministries and it usually does....

life is filled with doorways that God has opened. :stageright: I only have one life here and I don't want to waste it....

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hello TheOneHeLoves, From my experiences I have learned to trust in God because He has told us to.

Love, Walter and Debbie

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It used to be impossible to convince people that the US deficit was important.

Today we have more acknowledging the deficit today in contrast to previous years.

Which would appear to indicate people are waking up and becoming closer to God in acknowledging the real issues that we face.

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It helps to avoid talking about politics.

Reactions: Nancy