Am i finally free?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jabre

Dec 22, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've noticed something important, something my Bible teacher actually pointed out when it comes to vows according to the Bible:

In every case of a vow, it's implied there's someone to confirm it was made, and the oath is specifically spoken verbally. None of my oaths for a long time have been spoken, and in the very rare cases among those I told someone about it, I was scared of it being binding and asking if it was, not confirming that I was even completely sure I was bound to it. Besides, every spoken oath when it comes to abstaining from something has been OCD induced, and almost certainly not binding regardless since I'm not in my right mind when making them.

Also there's all the countless OCD "oaths" that were only in thought, which according to the biblical definition, wouldn't count.

The spoken ones from long ago still worry me a bit, but I'm very much relieved knowing my foolish thought processes don't restrain me.

Reactions: Wynona

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've noticed something important, something my Bible teacher actually pointed out when it comes to vows according to the Bible:

In every case of a vow, it's implied there's someone to confirm it was made, and the oath is specifically spoken verbally. None of my oaths for a long time have been spoken, and in the very rare cases among those I told someone about it, I was scared of it being binding and asking if it was, not confirming that I was even completely sure I was bound to it. Besides, every spoken oath when it comes to abstaining from something has been OCD induced, and almost certainly not binding regardless since I'm not in my right mind when making them.

Also there's all the countless OCD "oaths" that were only in thought, which according to the biblical definition, wouldn't count.

The spoken ones from long ago still worry me a bit, but I'm very much relieved knowing my foolish thought processes don't restrain me.
The Lord God is infinitely intelligent and wise. He knows you have OCD and will probably judge you less harshly because of your infirmities. I also have mental illness and know that God will judge me differently than people without mental illness. He will undoubtedly be less harsh.

Let's be of hope and not despair. God is loving to his children.