Amazing parallel between Daniel and Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mosheli

Jul 2, 2020
Wellington
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
This might have already been seen but a day ago I saw an amazing parallel between Daniel in the Lion's Den story and the death, burial & resurrection of Yeshua/Jesus. To try to show the similarities we have presented this by quoting each verse and putting the comments on similarities in brackets after each of them. (Please forgive me for any minor mistakes/errors/wrongs anywhere, I am not perfect in my Messianic/Jewish biblical knowledge.)

6:1 It pleased Darius to set over the kingdom an 100 & 20 princes, which should be over the whole kingdom;

(12 apostles? 12 tribes? 12 x 2 = 24 elders Revelation 4-5?
(Extra side note on a different tangent: This also occurs in Esther and may be symbolic of number of countries of the world in the modern near future end times. There were close to about that number of countries in the world before the break up of the USSR & Yugoslavia & Czechoslovakia.))

6:2 And over these presidents; of whom Daniel (was) 1st: that the princes might give accounts unto them, and the king should have no damage.

(Jesus is put over all by God. Dan-el "God judge".)

6:3 Then this Daniel was preferred above the presidents and princes, because an excellent spirit (was) in him; and the king thought to set him over the whole realm.

(Compare the holy spirit in Yeshua/Jesus, and his excellence.)

6:4 Then the presidents and princes sought to find occasion against Daniel concerning the kingdom; but they could find none occasion nor fault; forasmuch as he (was) faithful, neither was there any error or fault found in him.

(Jewish rulers sought to find accusation against Yeshua (king of Jews, son/heir of God). Yeshua did no sin, was blameless, lamb without blemish.)

6:5 Then said these men, We shall not find any occasion against this Daniel except we find (it) against him concerning the law of his Elah (God).

6:6 Then these presidents and princes assembled together to the king, and said thus unto him, King Darius live for ever.

6:7 All the presidents of the kingdom, the governors, and the princes, the counsellors, and the captains, have consulted together to establish a royal statute, and to make a firm decree, that whosoever shall ask a petition of any elah (god) or man for 30 days, save of thee, O king, he shall be cast into the den of lions.

(Monotheistic Jews condemned Yeshua for supposed blasphemy re being the son of God etc. The Jews also said to Pilate that he was no friend of Caesar if he allowed/ignored Jesus' claim of being a king of the Jews. Sanhedrim of 70/72 sentenced Yeshua/Jesus, the number 70/72 linking with 70/72 nations in Genesis 10 and so representing the whole world. "Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess....")

6:8 Now, O king, establish the decree, and sign the writing, that it be not changed, according to the law of the Madaye/Medes and Parsaye/Persians which alters not.

(Not one jot or tiddle will pass away from his law/word. Yeshua prayed Father if there is any other way please take this cup from me, but there was no other/better way.)

6:9 Wherefore king Darius signed the writing and the decree.

6:10 Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went into his house; and his windows being open in his chamber toward Jerusalem he kneeled upon his knees 3 times a day, and prayed, and gave thanks before his Elah as he did aforetime.

(Yeshua/Jesus knew in advance. He set his face toward Jerusalem (& Temple/House of God, & the Upper Room). Jesus kneeled and prayed 3 times at Gethsemane Father if it is possible take this cup from me. Gethsemane was in view of Jerusalem. Golgotha/Calvary was in view of Jerusalem. Jesus saw Jerusalem coming up from Jericho and cried "Oh Jerusalem ....")

6:11 Then these men assembled, and found Daniel praying and making supplication before his Elah (God) .

6:12 Then they came near, and spake before the king concerning the king's decree; Have you not signed a decree, that every man that shall ask (a petition) of any elah (god) or man within 30 days, save of you, O king, shall be cast into the den of lions? The king answered and said, The thing (is) true, according to the law of the Medes and Parsaye/Persians which alters not.

(Yeshua was accused of blasphemy, and of breaking the Torah/Law of Moses (including "you shall have no other gods before me", of which "not one jot or tiddle shall pass). Yeshua was about 30 years old.

6:13 Then answered they and said before the king, That Daniel which (is) of the children of the captivity of Judah/Jews regards not you, O king, nor the decree that you hast signed, but makes his petition 3 times a day.

(Yeshua was of the Jews. He was accused of breaking the law. (He was also accused of being against Caesar.) 3 days? 3 years ministry?)

6:14 Then the king, when he heard (these) words, was sore displeased with himself, and set (his) heart on Daniel to deliver him: and he laboured till the going down of the sun to deliver him.

(Yeshua prayed Father if there is any other way please take this cup from me.
Pilate tried to free Yeshua.
Yeshua died and was buried before sundown.
The crucifixion day was a work/labour day, the next day was a sabbath rest day.)

6:15 Then these men assembled unto the king, and said unto the king, Know, O king, that the law of the Medes and Parsaye/Persians (is), That no decree nor statute which the king establishs may be changed.

(The Pharisees and Jews accused Yeshua of breaking the Mosaic law(s) and the related traditions of the Jews/Scribes and Pharisees. The Sanhedrin sentenced Yeshua. Not a jot or tiddle will pass from the law.)

6:16 Then the king commanded, and they brought Daniel and cast (him) into the den of lions. (Now) the king spake and said unto Daniel Your Elah (God) whom thou serve continually, he will deliver thee.

(Psalms 22:13 "They open their mouths wide against me, lions tearing prey and roaring." Psalms 35:17 "Lord, how long will you look on? Rescue my soul from their destruction, my precious life from the lions." Psalms 57:4 "My soul is among lions."
Yeshua served his God continually all his life. Also notice Daniel did not open his mouth.)

6:17 And a stone was brought, and laid upon the mouth of the den; and the king sealed it with his own signet, and with the signet of his lords; that the purpose might not be changed concerning Daniel.

(A stone was rolled to cover the tomb of Yeshua/Jesus, and a seal was put on it too. (Also compare the INRI superscription on the Cross?) The death and burial and resurrection were foreordained by God & the son.)

6:18 Then the king went to his palace, and passed the night fasting: neither were instruments of music brought before him: and his sleep went from him.

(God the Father would have been sad at his son's death, compare King David lamenting Absalom. Also next 2 days were sabbaths.)

6:19 Then the king arose very early in the morning, and went in haste unto the den of lions.

(Yeshua rose before dawn of the 1st day of the week.)

6:20 And when he came to the den, he cried with a lamentable voice unto Daniel (and) the king spake and said to Daniel O Daniel servant of the living Elah (God) is your Elah (God) whom you serve continually, able to deliver you from the lions?

6:21 Then said Daniel unto the king, O king, live for ever.

6:22 My Elah (God) hath sent his angel, and hath shut the lions' mouths, that they have not hurt me: forasmuch as before him innocency was found in me; and also before you, O king, have I done no hurt.

(Yeshua was innocent, he had done no sin/wrong/evil, lamb without blemish.
Compare Psalms, he was saved/delivered from them by his God. Note also Yeshua said "my God" a number of times including on the Cross (Eloi).)

6:23 Then was the king exceeding glad for him, and commanded that they should take Daniel up out of the den. So Daniel was taken up out of the den, and no manner of hurt was found upon him, because he believed in his Elah (God).

(Yeshua/Jesus was raised/resurrected from death, Sheol, grave. He also later ascended to heaven.)

6:24 And the king commanded, and they brought those men which had accused Daniel and they cast (them) into the den of lions, them, their children, and their wives; and the lions had the mastery of them, and brake all their bones in pieces or ever they came at the bottom of the den.

("his blood be on our heads". Everyone who doesn't accept Yeshua will be judged. Those who fall on the corner stone will be broken, but those who the stone falls on will be crushed. Also compare Psalms saying may those who plan/do evil to us have their own devices come on them.)

6:25 Then king Darius wrote unto all people, nations, and languages, that dwell in all the earth; Peace be multiplied unto you.

(Apostles/disciples went sent to all nations. The gospel will be preached to all nations and then the end will come. Every knee shall bow.
"Peace on earth and goodwill to all men". Shalom also means alot more than just peace. Melchizedek king of Salem/Peace. Shoes of the gospel of peace. Blessed be the peacemakers.)

6:26 I make a decree, That in every dominion of my kingdom men tremble and fear before the Elah (God) of Daniel for he (is) the living Elah (God) and steadfast for ever, and his kingdom (that) which shall not be destroyed, and his dominion (shall be even) unto the end.

(Compare every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Yeshua/Jesus is Lord.)

6:27 He delivers and rescues, and he works signs and wonders in heaven and in earth, who has delivered Daniel from the power of the lions.

(Yeshua was not left in the tomb or Sheol but was resurrected. He was delivered from his enemies and those who killed him (compare in Psalms prayers to be saved/delivered from enemies).)

6:28 So this Daniel prospered in the reign of Darius and in the reign of Cyrus/Cores the Persian/Parsi.

(Cyrus/Cores is maybe similar to Kyrios "Lord" or Quirinius/Cyrenius or Christ? or the sun of righteousness?)