An answered prayer!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is good all the time, but it is especially sweet when He answers a prayer in the positive.

My wife and I put our house in Mass. on the market in June. All our friends and even realtors (not ours), said don't be surprised to have a bidding war and selling it within 2 weeks.

Well time went on and it didn't sell. It is a 2350 sq. ft. home with 9 rooms and 2 full bathrooms. Our last child left 3 years ago (we have 6) so we had an empty upstairs since.

I have multiple health issues (heart and severe chronic arthritis the two biggies) and this house was just too much for the both of us to keep up. We found a beautiful retirement home in S. Carolina and bought it. Well time went on, had showings, but no offers, Every one was scared for the house is 222 years old!

We had a showing this past Saturday and decided if they were not interested we would take the house off the market figuring God wishes us to still serve HIm here! Well we got asn offer! It was $80,000 below our original asking price, but we accepted and now will be moving to our retirement home Nov. 14. It is perfect! completely redone. Even fully furnished with all brand new furniture. Just four rooms which is enough. We have a spare bedroom for when our kids wish to visit with our grandbabies!

Already have new doctors, new bank, and a new church! God is rarely early but never latre for us! Praise His name for His goodness !

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we trust God he so blesses us. Happy new home.
I too am waiting for my home . ONE DAY GOD WILL BLESS ME WITH MY NEW HOME .
PS , it aint of this world either . MY HOME is with CHRIST and what a big ol fat joyous day when forever i will be with the ONE who set me FREE .
Now lift those hands up in praise to the glorious LORD .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is good all the time, but it is especially sweet when He answers a prayer in the positive.

My wife and I put our house in Mass. on the market in June. All our friends and even realtors (not ours), said don't be surprised to have a bidding war and selling it within 2 weeks.

Well time went on and it didn't sell. It is a 2350 sq. ft. home with 9 rooms and 2 full bathrooms. Our last child left 3 years ago (we have 6) so we had an empty upstairs since.

I have multiple health issues (heart and severe chronic arthritis the two biggies) and this house was just too much for the both of us to keep up. We found a beautiful retirement home in S. Carolina and bought it. Well time went on, had showings, but no offers, Every one was scared for the house is 222 years old!

We had a showing this past Saturday and decided if they were not interested we would take the house off the market figuring God wishes us to still serve HIm here! Well we got asn offer! It was $80,000 below our original asking price, but we accepted and now will be moving to our retirement home Nov. 14. It is perfect! completely redone. Even fully furnished with all brand new furniture. Just four rooms which is enough. We have a spare bedroom for when our kids wish to visit with our grandbabies!

Already have new doctors, new bank, and a new church! God is rarely early but never latre for us! Praise His name for His goodness !
I count postivive as the answer GOD giveth . cause i dont know what is best for me . BUT I KNOW GOD DOES .
What is scary is when GOD answers a person according to their hearts desires , but does so to allow that person to be decieved by their own
hearts desires . IF we think it cant happen i suggest we read some bible .
We may pray for things , but KNOW THIS , GOD ALWAYS KNOWS what is best for us . SO REST ON THAT .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You might want to pray about this my friend . But with all that space you could have had some lambs to home in that house .
I dont know what the case is . But you might want to pray about it and see what the LORD says .
What if that big house was to help house some lambs , WHO could also have helped you all in your elderly days .
As i said , I have no idea what the will of GOD is concering this . But why not pray about it my friend .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Moving is huge.

My wife and I's own moving and retirement plans came about during the worst of times. Following the 2008 downturn in the economy, we had a choice of downsizing or succumbing to great financial losses, and also buying the business I worked for or loosing my job. We sold, bought the business, then began looking for a downsizing opportunity...which God seemed to orchestrate...in Paradise, CA, pre-2018 fire disaster. 18,000 homes burnt, but not ours--an amazing miracle of God. Yet so much had changed that we decided to sell and look for something else, the only profit of which was our testimony, and perhaps something better from God.

We ended up moving to Oregon (during the pandemic) kind of in the middle of our kids, but next door to none. ;) We were on the fence with the house we ended up buying wondering if it was the right one, and my wife prayed for a sign. Over the fireplace was a symbol we couldn't identify and five more in some stained glass by the front door...and the woman's name who was selling the home was just strange enough, I looked them all up. The symbol over the fireplace was the handled cross, the five by the front door were the Hebrew and Greek symbols for Christ, Jesus, the Trinity, and the women's name turned out to mean "The grace of God." We prayed for a sign--and got seven!

So we bought it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Moving is huge.

My wife and I's own moving and retirement plans came about during the worst of times. Following the 2008 downturn in the economy, we had a choice of downsizing or succumbing to great financial losses, and also buying the business I worked for or loosing my job. We sold, bought the business, then began looking for a downsizing opportunity...which God seemed to orchestrate...in Paradise, CA, pre-2018 fire disaster. 18,000 homes burnt, but not ours--an amazing miracle of God. Yet so much had changed that we decided to sell and look for something else, the only profit of which was our testimony, and perhaps something better from God.

We ended up moving to Oregon (during the pandemic) kind of in the middle of our kids, but next door to none. ;) We were on the fence with the house we ended up buying wondering if it was the right one, and my wife prayed for a sign. Over the fireplace was a symbol we couldn't identify and five more in some stained glass by the front door...and the woman's name who was selling the home was just strange enough, I looked them all up. The symbol over the fireplace was the handled cross, the five by the front door were the Hebrew and Greek symbols for Christ, Jesus, the Trinity, and the women's name turned out to mean "The grace of God." We prayed for a sign--and got seven!

So we bought it.
It's so encouraging to read how God has worked in the lives of other Christians.
My home to was 'arranged' by God.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

Glory to God! 14kli1f.gif Thank you Jesus! 34y42t5.gif

Reactions: Ronald Nolette

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I count postivive as the answer GOD giveth . cause i dont know what is best for me . BUT I KNOW GOD DOES .
What is scary is when GOD answers a person according to their hearts desires , but does so to allow that person to be decieved by their own
hearts desires . IF we think it cant happen i suggest we read some bible .
We may pray for things , but KNOW THIS , GOD ALWAYS KNOWS what is best for us . SO REST ON THAT .

Yeah! that is why I learned to ask the Lord according to HIs will, no tmine. I just wanted the process to end on eway or the other. I could be content in both places. As long as I can serve Him.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You might want to pray about this my friend . But with all that space you could have had some lambs to home in that house .
I dont know what the case is . But you might want to pray about it and see what the LORD says .
What if that big house was to help house some lambs , WHO could also have helped you all in your elderly days .
As i said , I have no idea what the will of GOD is concering this . But why not pray about it my friend .

We thought and prayed on that. We sought godly counsel from our pastor,and placed it all in His hands. We let the Lord know we would gladly stay here if that is His will. We thought about the extra rooms and what they could do. God said it is time to move on and serve Him in a new adventure!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's so encouraging to read how God has worked in the lives of other Christians.
My home to was 'arranged' by God.
My home has been both arranged and prepared by GOD .
I GO to prepare a place for you . OH what a wonderful home awaits the lambs at the end of our faith .
JESUS PREPARED IT . Let all praise the glorious LORD .