And The Final Verdict Is,.. GUILTY!!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tsr

Feb 2, 2021
04/20/47
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many see the slogan Black Lives Matter as a plea to secure the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness for all Americans, especially historically wronged African Americans. They add the BLM hashtag to their social-media profiles, carry BLM signs at protests, and make financial donations.

Tragically, when they do donate, they are likely to bankroll a number of radical organizations, founded by committed Marxists whose goals aren’t to make the American Dream a reality for everyone—but to transform America completely.

This might be unknown to some of the world’s best-known companies, which have jumped on the BLM bandwagon. Brands like Airbnb and Spanx have promised direct donations.

Sadly to say this agenda is and will increase to support their issues and positions.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Having respect for people of all colours, all backgrounds, all lifestyles, all nationalities and all religions should be automatic especially among Christians. Sadly it often isn't and we condemn and judge - but we really shouldn't.

NayborBear

Jan 21, 2020
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can see the lessest of the 3 charges! A reckless disregard for Floyd's life.
The "other" messages that this verdict conveys is that TOTAL LAWLESSNESS IS ACCEPTABLE!
This "self eradicating disease" only flourishes with the passivity of tolerance!
This is not a good road to be traveling down!
Forget the fact Floyd was an habitual criminal!
Forget the fact that they were trying to take Floyd into lawful custody for committing yet another crime!
Forget
the fact Floyd was not going peaceably!
Yeah!
Let's FORGET all that!

After all! According to everyone who "knew the man?" Floyd was a GOOD man!
One would think a good man would not be an habitual criminal!
One would think a good man, when taken into custody, would go peaceably!
Lets face it people!
Floyd was not a good man!
Could've he become a good law abiding God fearing/loving man?

I can hear God saying: "Seeings how you oh so tolerant people are so inept at judging this man?"
"Send him to Me!"
"I'll judge him!"

This causes me to think that "we the people" have been beguiled into accepting to the hippocratic oath!
Where "quantity of life" SUPERSEDES "QUAILITY of life!"
Not merely for "the person!"
But, for everyone whom this person influences!
Tis bad enough when it's done in the hospitals!
But, when this "oath" permeates the JUDICIARY/LEGISLATIVE/EXECUTIVE/EDUCATIONAL/RELIGIOUS INSTITUTIONS?

(tic,tic,tic,tic,tic,tic.....60 minutes intro)

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Manslaughter at the most. It wasn't a homicide. How can you call an accidental killing murder?

I agree with you. He didn’t mean to kill him although he did, or at least he contributed to the death as he had COVID, a heart condition and was on drugs. I see a mob rule fueled conviction and really don’t have any sympathy for these people who resist detainment from police. If you play stupid games expect to win stupid prizes.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Manslaughter at the most. It wasn't a homicide. How can you call an accidental killing murder?

The State Attorneys General and prosecution should all be charge for violating Mr. Chauvin’s civil rights; he should also receive a large settlement.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s rebellion against the authorities that God has set in place. It’s the spirit of antichrist at work. And it’s stunning that Christians would be on the wrong side of this issue.

This spirit would have us in direct disobedience to this precept:

Romans 13:1-2
[1] Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. [2] Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

But I guess the world would turn this precept on its head by having the Police FEAR the evil doer and the sword of their enablers!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
UIKEYINPUTRIGHTARROW

I think some people are unaware, Police Training and Police protocal / practices
ARE:
"COUNTY" LOCAL Jurisdictions and
INDIVIDUAL" STATE LOCAL Jurisdictions.

What Applies in ONE county, may not Apply in another County.
What Applies in ONE State, may not Apply in another State.

A County with ONE or TWO High Crime cities, becomes much more dangerous for the safety of the citizens and the Police Officers whose own safety become at risk WHEN encountering an UNRULY / UCOOPERATIVE suspect.

Not in the least do I think the Officer "intended to kill that man"...which IS Murder.
The whole incident was over the question of a counterfeit bill, but ended up being distracted by the suspect being totally UNCOOPERATIVE.
Why he didn't cooperate, became suspect...
But was Irrelevant. Questioning about Counterfeit bills, is simply a way to find where the man may have gotten the bill...another store, a band, an ATM...as an effort to trace the origin of the bill.

By video released, the bill in question fell by the wayside, because the man would not cooperate to sit in the police car, and allow the officers to question both him and the store owner who suspected the bill was counterfeit.
The man became combative, and 3 Officers tried to force him into the police car. They could not contain the man In the car and close the door without one of the mans body parts sticking out the door. And that is when he was thereafter on the ground. In cuffs, but not in constrained custody ... of a vehicle or jail cell,
He was constrained physically by the Officer.

Knee on back, Knee on neck... may have been a protocal practice IN THAT Jurisdiction, to constrain uncooperative suspects, that could not be constrained in a vehicle or jail cell.
The police had called for an enclosed truck, because they could not get him in the police vehicle. They could have easily questioned him in the Police Car, and used the mans information about the bill, to investigate, its origin....since he did not cooperate...the truck was ordered, so they could question him at the police station, sitting in a room, write up the report of information the man could give them.

The WHOLE scene was so Unnecessary.
And the World Wide anit-Police from Jurisdictions all over the World ridiculous.
Laws in Every Jurisdiction are Expressly Written for that Jurisdiction.
If the Public in ANY particular Jurisdiction do NOT agree with Public Laws that Govern OVER them....It is THEIR LOCAL LAW MAKERS, they should be taking their complaints to.
What someone who lives in California, or any other State has to do with the County Jurisdication in Minnesota...IS ZIP...
Their pseudo protests and destruction of Property ... While calling for "justice", was an utterly IGNORANT violation of Law, which...by the way WERE THEY held accountable, and brought to Justice for their riots and destruction of property? Nope.

Agree, manslaughter at best.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s rebellion against the authorities that God has set in place. It’s the spirit of antichrist at work. And it’s stunning that Christians would be on the wrong side of this issue.

This spirit would have us in direct disobedience to this precept:

Romans 13:1-2
[1] Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. [2] Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

But I guess the world would turn this precept on its head by having the Police FEAR the evil doer and the sword of their enablers!

You’re right, it’s the spirit of Antichrist at work. Lawlessness, and many Christians are right on board.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems to me that there were multiple contributors.

1. The cops seemed to abuse the man they were supposed to arrest, by holding him down for an extended period of time.
2. The criminal was attempting to steal (passing a counterfeit bill), was high on drugs (apparently sufficient quantities to cause his own death), and resisting/evading arrest.​

Then to further complicate matters, the MOB MENTALITY is not seeking Justice, but instead INJUSTICE.

So the criminal is dead, and the cops are contributors to some extent. And I don't think they're guilty of murder, but neither should they be "whitewashed" as occurs in so many police departments that "Review" themselves and the cops always are "Acquitted".

We live in an IMPERFECT Society, and it's getting worse by the second on both fronts.
Bobby Jo

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True. A wait and see.

If they don't make a statement in the wake of this verdict, it will seem inconsistent with the zeal they demonstrated immediately after George's death.
They are still systematically destroying Portland.

What I was hearing yesterday was that they intended to riot whatever the verdict was.

Much love!

Reactions: Amazed@grace

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many see the slogan Black Lives Matter as a plea to secure the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness for all Americans, especially historically wronged African Americans. They add the BLM hashtag to their social-media profiles, carry BLM signs at protests, and make financial donations.

Tragically, when they do donate, they are likely to bankroll a number of radical organizations, founded by committed Marxists whose goals aren’t to make the American Dream a reality for everyone—but to transform America completely.

This might be unknown to some of the world’s best-known companies, which have jumped on the BLM bandwagon. Brands like Airbnb and Spanx have promised direct donations.

Sadly to say this agenda is and will increase to support their issues and positions.
This is the word that has to get out there.

Fascism is when corporations take over the rule of nations.

Much love!

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are still systematically destroying Portland.

What I was hearing yesterday was that they intended to riot whatever the verdict was.

Much love!
Thank you for that information.
I would say they riot there because no one in authority stops them.
Riots, threatening acts against peaceful citizens, is not a demonstration of free speech. :(

God protect the people of Portland.

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What just happened to Derek Chauvin is flat out evil. The man was doing a job, while Floyd was doing multiple crimes. Evil. God will recompense this evil back on their own heads. Woe unto you evildoers!

Oh you have just got to be kidding me!! I don't care WHAT the man did or didn't do, it would have been much kinder in that case if he truly was what you said he was (and only he God truly knew for sure) and just had shot him. He died an extremely painful death and didn't deserve that one bit.

No offense or anything but I don't give a rat's behind what these people think.

Do you appreciate police?

Would you say "hang him" if a black man killed a white cop?

This has absolutely nothing to do with it. Of course I respect policemen and women and people of color. This man was a murder and he didn't deserve to wear that badge.

Okay so maybe the killing was accidental but he should have known that it was going to happen and he didn't just accidentally sit on his neck and suffocate him in the process. I'm pretty sure that the intentions were there, otherwise he's just a plain moron.

It seems to me that there were multiple contributors.

1. The cops seemed to abuse the man they were supposed to arrest, by holding him down for an extended period of time.
2. The criminal was attempting to steal (passing a counterfeit bill), was high on drugs (apparently sufficient quantities to cause his own death), and resisting/evading arrest.​

Then to further complicate matters, the MOB MENTALITY is not seeking Justice, but instead INJUSTICE.

So the criminal is dead, and the cops are contributors to some extent. And I don't think they're guilty of murder, but neither should they be "whitewashed" as occurs in so many police departments that "Review" themselves and the cops always are "Acquitted".

We live in an IMPERFECT Society, and it's getting worse by the second on both fronts.
Bobby Jo

Exactly. They were both at fault, but I repeat that that poor man didn't deserve to die like that. :(