AND THEY SHALL ALL BE TAUGHT OF GOD

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jn 6:45 “It is written in the prophets, ‘AND THEY SHALL ALL BE TAUGHT OF GOD.' Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father, comes to Me.

Now I recently read where someone posting thinks that we are taught by the different churches and denominations. That kind of thinking is not hard to find in the church today. And I can understand it, because we take the leader (pastor priest or preacher) and have that single person get up in front of the church and give the "message" for that week. Yet that person is not God!!!!

Now understand that I am not against someone bring a message, prophecy, teaching, word of knowledge, or even a tongue with and interpretation. And it is also clear that we need and God placed leaders in the churches. Yet if our churches only think their pastor, prophet, teacher, priest, is the only one taught of God so they are to bring the message they do not match up with the Bible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now when the Lord asks me to go to a church, and He certainly does at times even telling me what ministry He wants me in, I want to go and do what He tells me and I don't worry about if the leaders are doing it correct. And so it is that today, just a few minutes ago, He asked me to cover this for Him.

So I am saying that I don't worry or get concerned with how the church He tells me to go to operates, but HE does!!!!

So, are you leaders, and those of you who consider yourselves to be leaders in the church, listen to Him???

I am just saying I don't care, but He tells me that He does care that you listen to Him!!

And in that regard, He has me preaching the Word of God to mean Him and us personally listening to Him. And from what I hear from Him, He is adamite about this!! Indeed, I just heard Him in my ear saying that where it is written that many will come to Him on that day saying they did things in His name but He tells them He never knew them, well that is going to include many leaders in churches!! And He said something about those glorifying themselves will not be in the glory of His Kingdom.

So you leaders might want to ask yourself - 'Do I personally know the Lord and spend time talking back and forth with Him'.

If you are not so sure, then ask if you leadership results in anything that looks like " ‘AND THEY SHALL ALL BE TAUGHT OF GOD.'?

Of course the "All" means those going to heaven and not those sent away because He does not know them, right?

Mat 7:23 “And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

1 Cor 12:7 But to each one is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good.

1 Cor 14:29 Let two or three prophets speak....

Now I have been to a few churches where you might have "two or three prophets speak", but that is not how it is in most Christian churches I have been to. Indeed, it is not even how it is in the Christian "charismatic" church the Lord currently has me going to! It sometimes is like that in the back rooms, but only there and not always there either. So are leaders leading the services or trying to be the services? Does not the rest of 1 Cor 14:29 read "... and let the others pass judgment."

That to me is incredible, because as Christians we know that Jesus did not judge but as He heard He judged. But if His sheep hear His voice, then what gets judged if the Lord cares about this even when I don't? Which is to say, "what judgement do I hear from Him when I listen to Him?" I will tell you, but you should have read about it already. It has not changed, has it?

Is 30:1 “Woe to the rebellious children,” declares the LORD,
“Who execute a plan, but not Mine,
And make an alliance, but not of My Spirit,
In order to add sin to sin;

Still there is good news:

Is 30:20,21 Although the Lord has given you bread of privation and water of oppression, He, your Teacher will no longer hide Himself, but your eyes will behold your Teacher. Your ears will hear a word behind you, “This is the way, walk in it,” whenever you turn to the right or to the left

So who is your teacher, and who are we who know Him learning from?

I am telling you the Christian who thinks 'we are taught by the different churches and denominations' does not know Him, or they would know that He is the Teacher, and anyone getting up with a teaching at church should have been hearing from the Teacher, right?

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Prycejosh1987

May 20, 2024
Balsall Heath
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jn 6:45 “It is written in the prophets, ‘AND THEY SHALL ALL BE TAUGHT OF GOD.' Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father, comes to Me.
I believe Jesus is saying that the Father acknowledges the Son. In John Jesus says Whoever believes in the Son believes in the Father. I think that links Jesus as the only way to God, His Father.

Reactions: Karl Peters

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Now I recently read where someone posting thinks that we are taught by the different churches and denominations. That kind of thinking is not hard to find in the church today. And I can understand it, because we take the leader (pastor priest or preacher) and have that single person get up in front of the church and give the "message" for that week. Yet that person is not God!!!!

Now understand that I am not against someone bring a message, prophecy, teaching, word of knowledge, or even a tongue with and interpretation. And it is also clear that we need and God placed leaders in the churches. Yet if our churches only think their pastor, prophet, teacher, priest, is the only one taught of God so they are to bring the message they do not match up with the Bible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now when the Lord asks me to go to a church, and He certainly does at times even telling me what ministry He wants me in, I want to go and do what He tells me and I don't worry about if the leaders are doing it correct. And so it is that today, just a few minutes ago, He asked me to cover this for Him.

So I am saying that I don't worry or get concerned with how the church He tells me to go to operates, but HE does!!!!

So, are you leaders, and those of you who consider yourselves to be leaders in the church, listen to Him???

I am just saying I don't care, but He tells me that He does care that you listen to Him!!

And in that regard, He has me preaching the Word of God to mean Him and us personally listening to Him. And from what I hear from Him, He is adamite about this!! Indeed, I just heard Him in my ear saying that where it is written that many will come to Him on that day saying they did things in His name but He tells them He never knew them, well that is going to include many leaders in churches!! And He said something about those glorifying themselves will not be in the glory of His Kingdom.

So you leaders might want to ask yourself - 'Do I personally know the Lord and spend time talking back and forth with Him'.

If you are not so sure, then ask if you leadership results in anything that looks like " ‘AND THEY SHALL ALL BE TAUGHT OF GOD.'?

Of course the "All" means those going to heaven and not those sent away because He does not know them, right?

Mat 7:23 “And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

1 Cor 12:7 But to each one is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good.

1 Cor 14:29 Let two or three prophets speak....

Now I have been to a few churches where you might have "two or three prophets speak", but that is not how it is in most Christian churches I have been to. Indeed, it is not even how it is in the Christian "charismatic" church the Lord currently has me going to! It sometimes is like that in the back rooms, but only there and not always there either. So are leaders leading the services or trying to be the services? Does not the rest of 1 Cor 14:29 read "... and let the others pass judgment."

That to me is incredible, because as Christians we know that Jesus did not judge but as He heard He judged. But if His sheep hear His voice, then what gets judged if the Lord cares about this even when I don't? Which is to say, "what judgement do I hear from Him when I listen to Him?" I will tell you, but you should have read about it already. It has not changed, has it?

Is 30:1 “Woe to the rebellious children,” declares the LORD,
“Who execute a plan, but not Mine,
And make an alliance, but not of My Spirit,
In order to add sin to sin;

Still there is good news:

Is 30:20,21 Although the Lord has given you bread of privation and water of oppression, He, your Teacher will no longer hide Himself, but your eyes will behold your Teacher. Your ears will hear a word behind you, “This is the way, walk in it,” whenever you turn to the right or to the left

So who is your teacher, and who are we who know Him learning from?

I am telling you the Christian who thinks 'we are taught by the different churches and denominations' does not know Him, or they would know that He is the Teacher, and anyone getting up with a teaching at church should have been hearing from the Teacher, right?
11"We have much to say about this, but it is hard to explain, because you are dull of hearing. 12 Although by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to reteach you the basic principles of God’s word. You need milk, not solid food! 13For everyone who lives on milk is still an infant, inexperienced in the message of righteousness.…"
Berean Standard Bible

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe Jesus is saying that the Father acknowledges the Son. In John Jesus says Whoever believes in the Son believes in the Father. I think that links Jesus as the only way to God, His Father.

Yes, of course.

What I find more interesting is who much "the Father acknowledges the Son" and vis versa!!

From coming to know the Son I come to know the Father! Not directly, but as Jesus pointed out, if you know the Son you know the Father.

Jn 14:9 Jesus *said to him, “Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say, ‘Show us the Father'?

What you find out, not right off the bat but after you have spent time with Him like His disciples didn't know right off but they finally asked about it and it was explain [as send in the above verse] is that the Father gives all things to the Son! And that includes the very words of God! And the Son is so humble as to not even think for a moment that His words are better for you than the words His Father has for you. So the Son does not ever, ever, ever, speak to you what He thinks! So He does not speak on His own initiative but He ONLY speaks the words of God that He gets from His Father! Just like explained in the Scriptures!

Jn 14:10 “Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on My own initiative, but the Father abiding in Me does His works.

And in that regard, He sends the Holy Spirit who takes the words of God which Jesus Christ (The Son) has and got from His Father, and speaks them to our spirit. Therefore even the Holy Spirit, like the Son, does not speak on His own initiative but He gets the words of God which have been given to the Son, from the Son and gives them to our spirit.

Jn 16:14,15 “But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come.
“He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you.

And that is how each of His sheep wind up learning from God. That is: we hear from the Son via the Holy Spirit, but hearing the words of God which belong to the Son, means hearing what His Father wanted us to hear. Therefore the Father glorifies the Son by giving Him all things, including the very words of God which came from the Father to the Son, then from the Son to our Spirit. So the Father and the Son glorify the Son, and the Son glorifies the Father and uses the Holy Spirit.

Indeed, this is how God is One God, because having the Spirit of God in us means having direct access to the Son, who is the KING OF KINGS, and knowing the Son means knowing His Father because He only does and says what His Father tells Him and when. That is what the following is true:

Mat 11:27 “All things have been handed over to Me by My Father; and no one knows the Son except the Father; nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and anyone to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.

So as Christians, we tell people to seek Jesus Christ and listen to Him, knowing that doing that gives them access to the Holy Spirit who gets His words from the Son, who gets His words from the Father. Therefore, all good things flow down from the Father of lights!

So the only time you really get to know what Jesus Christ, the Son thinks, is if you pick up a conversation between the Son and His Father, and how often does that happen? Not often, but if you have ears to hear you might come across it.

Mt 23:39 And after going a little farther, He fell face down and prayed, saying, “My Father, if it is possible [that is, consistent with Your will], let this cup pass from Me; yet not as I will, but as You will.”

By over hearing that type of conversation, His disciples found out that Jesus did not want to go to the cross and was hoping there might still be another way. Never-the-less, He was still going to do as the Father asked and wound up on the cross because He knew His Father knows best!