Anger , The Truth And The Holy Spirirt

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why is it that the pharrisees got so offended when Jesus spoe to them? Well there where multiple reasons,

1. The flesh. He was undermining their position and they didnt like that.
2. He told them the truth, they believed a lie, and offense came.

Havnt you ever wondered why you occasinaly get angry when you read something that someone wrote here , even when its not directed at you. That is offense, its what happens whensomeone tells you something that disagrees with what you are taught and believe. If what you believed was true, you would not be offended as your belief would be on solid ground but if it it is a lie then your belief is on shakey ground and your fllesh rises up in defense of the lie it believes. So if you ever get offended that ask Jesus why,dont go runing to man, youll only end up more confused then ever. Jesus said, I am the way, I am the truth, I am the life> so which way, which truth and which life do you desire.

In His Love

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
That is offense, its what happens whensomeone tells you something that disagrees with what you are taught and believe. If what you believed was true, you would not be offended as your belief would be on solid ground but if it it is a lie then your belief is on shakey ground and your fllesh rises up in defense of the lie it believes.

So, according to scripture, you get upset when someone tramps on your doctrine, because you believe a lie anyway, even if you are deceived yourself and can not see the scripture that would correct your thinking, such as in the Case with Jesus. So though you think you may be right, the anger comes from Satan trying to enforce your false Doctrine, and it's a good sign that your Anger is giving you away.

Is that what I am reading here???

It would seem to explain a lot of things for me.

When my son was sick, and the Doctor said he was going to die to my Uncle, My Uncle offered to help me arrange a funeral for him and pay for it. My Uncle told me it's not always the Will of God to heal, and we must be prepared and my Uncle was willing to help. My uncle was kind and being very nice.

(Faith never Waivers, Faith never chooses two outcomes. Let not that person think they will receive from God.)

I Told my uncle I will not arrange to bury my son and my son will be just fine, and God can not lie, and God has never failed those that will believe His Word. My Uncle changed from being nice to very Hateful. It was like a spirit took over him. I was shocked, and thought he might want to believe with me.

When talking about healing with another Pastor, no matter how many scriptures I showed this pastor and asked him to explain, He would just get enraged, and would not give a explanation of what I showed him. It was like He could not even read English at this point.

You say this is a spiritual issue??

Very interesting stuff.............

Jesus Is Lord.

Jimmy Engle

Jun 17, 2009
New York
As Americans, we are very thin skinned. People in this country are very prideful and we are influenced by this mentality through movies, music, television...and so much more. Not all of us are like this but the vast majority of people in America are so prideful that you can never tell them they are wrong without them being offended and becoming angry.
However, being exposed when we are wrong about something is the healthiest thing for us. We have to learn to drop our guards and be open to what others see in us and what they have to say. Too many times people are so focused on the way people say things to us. If they say it in an angry way we will be offened by the way they talk to us. Either way...we don't like to listen and admit we may be wrong about something. The real important thing is not to focus on how someone disagrees with you...but if what they are saying is true. Who cares if someone comes off as rude or unloving by the way they speak...the only thing that really matters is if what they are saying is the truth. If it is the truth then nothing else matters except conforming our lives to that truth.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
James Wrote:

The real important thing is not to focus on how someone disagrees with you...but if what they are saying is true. Who cares if someone comes off as rude or unloving by the way they speak...the only thing that really matters is if what they are saying is the truth. If it is the truth then nothing else matters except conforming our lives to that truth.

I attempt to be like that, I want scriptural evidence also, because we are talking about Doctrine. I still think a spirit must be involved somehow. I even look at the Word though a Doctrine. The God is good, Doctrine. For example:

Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe......................

Mar 16:18 ....................they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Now Jesus said this, so it's good enough for me. What do I run into???

Healing has passed away, and was just to start the Church. That was just for the time.
Mark 16 should never have been in the bible in the first place, though it's in line with the rest of the scriptures.
There are no Apostles Today.
It's not God's Will to heal everyone, God is sovereign and picks and chooses, he is a respecter of persons.
God is mysterious and you just never know what God is going to do, You just never know.

Now, I have scripture where Jesus makes a plain statement. It only applies to those that believe, everyone else will not be bothered with it, as they don't agree or believe. To me it's like Thou shall not steal, Lay hands on the sick and they recover, pretty cut and dried for me.

This is just an example, but it is what we are facing with so many other issues in the Bible. Is this a spirit, is it pride not to take the Lord at his Word, because it does not line up with what you know, been taught or see?

I guess that's the Question. What causes this.

Jesus Is Lord

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
I attempt to be like that, I want scriptural evidence also, because we are talking about Doctrine. I still think a spirit must be involved somehow. I even look at the Word though a Doctrine. The God is good, Doctrine. For example:

bm, I have never heard of a God is Good Doctrine. (Unless I know it by another word) I am also not into the Pentecostal Doctrines.

Jimmy Engle

Jun 17, 2009
New York
Brother Mike,
I really do think it is mostly pride. I can say this because I am not a prideful person at all. I don't boast in anything about myself. I don't see myself as wiser or better than anyone else...
even so, there are times when I will think I have something all figured out. I'm convinced that I am right, and with that I have confidence that my belief is correct. Even though I am so sure I am right about what I believe, every once in a while someone will show me where I am wrong. So it leaves me with an important decision to make. Do I stand my ground and reject what the other person said based on my own beliefs...or do I listen to what they have to say and take into consideration the fact that I may be wrong.
It's not easy to allow ones self to be humble and admit that they are wrong...it also seems to me that it is even harder for people to admit when they don't know something.

I think it is very sad to see people who argue and fight over different interpretations. Everyone believes they're correct but you will have five different interpretations.
The solution to these problems of anger and debating over every little thing is for all of us to just humble ourselves. I mean, lets say I believe in the rapture and you didn't. I explained why I believe in it and you explain why you don't believe in it. I refuse to listen to you and continue believing in the rapture. Shouldn't a proper response be for you to keep being faithful to God and love me even though we disagree over and issue?

I know one person who believes in speaking in tongues. I believe that the gift has ceased. So obviously we are both at a disagreement. Instead of allowing that difference to cause separation between us, I continue to love that person. Why? Because even though we disagree over one thing, we still believe in the main foundational principles that make up Christianity. So I love him just as much as any brother or sister in Christ.

If more people could set aside differences in that manner...there would be less bickering and argueing and more love and compassion for each other as children of God. :)

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
Brother JerryJohnson.

I got the God is Good Doctrine off Baptist, Presbyterian, and Methodist Churches. I have heard all 3 claim that God is good. These are the churches I grew up in. Latter on in the Pentecostal circles, they say it, and now Word of faith. Pentecostals are a little to far apart and different for me to relate. The Doctrine works like this. I see something in the Word of God, and it must match up to God is Good.

So, if someone says that God puts sickness on us to teach us, I say no, God is good, He sent Apostals, teachers, pastors, ETC to teach us.
If someone says God does not heal today, I say no, God changes not, Jesus never changed, and God is good.
If someone says that God allowed Satan to murder Job's Children, then it can't be because good does not do that.

If someone says that God sent a Angel to kill Herod in the street.........Acts 12:23, then my Doctrine failed, and needed adjusted. I got stuck on this scripture longer than I should have been because of my Doctrine, However, I Knew that, and had to find another spiritual law to cover it. I am willing to adjust.
I know this is way to simple for some, but every denomination I have heard has told me God is good, So, I figure that being so common, it must be on track.

James:

What Great insight Brother!!! If they love Jesus, and confess that Jesus Is Lord, then we have lots in common. As for the Rapture, It's not that big of deal, at no place are we not suppose to be prepared. I have great evidence that there is a Rapture, and evidence that there might not be one. Both sides make sense to me.

As for Tongues, I speak in Tongues, I use not to believe in that stuff, I was told it was long gone. What I don't like is certain groups that claim if you don't speak in tongues then you don't have the Spirit and your not born again. I got scriptures that say different. It's these type of "We are the only ones with truth" groups that I am very stand offish. It's of the devil...........

I had a Pentecostal Pastor told me I could not possible be saved because I was not baptized in the name of Jesus. I was baptized in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. In this mans mind, I could not be possible saved because I was not baptized correctly. Now, I asked him. If I speak in tongues, and he has heard me, If I give God all the Glory, and walk in love. If I have taken the time to learn tons of scriptures, How could I not be saved???? How can someone not born again be filled with the Spirit of God???

He could not explain it to me, all he knew that according to what he believed, I could not possibly be saved. We are suppose to be baptized in the name of Jesus, just like acts. There is no other way.

These are the folks that irritate me, and it's devilish.

Thank you for the input James and JerryJohnson.... Be blessed!!!

Jesus Is Lord.