Angry Over Foley

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
OK now I'm getting angry what the heck is all this coverage on Foley naming his molesting priest seems the slant by a few politicians and the news media that we are supposed to feel sorry for poor Mr. Foley,Is this supposed to be his excuse for his behavior? .Well it may not be very Christan of me but I don't have any sympathy for a guy who after knowing first hand the pain and confusion this kind of behavior can cause a young person he inflicts on other young men! Then out of his own selfish political aspirations says nothing for 30 plus years so this creepy priest can continue molesting other young boys.Then Mr.Foley finally breaks is silence only when it helps his own cause.Its not like he was ignorant of the facts he has spent hours working with the likes of John Walsh, Mark Class,and child avocasy groups.And still he doesnt name a known to him child molester,or seek help for himself.Did he think he was better because he didn't actually physically kill anyone?Is destroying a young persons spirit and self any less of a crime in Gods eyes?

Carer

Oct 10, 2006
Unfortunately, I'm not up to date on the particular case in question,but it does puzzle me how it is that there are millions of adults and young people who are the victims of child abuse, poverty etc and yet they don't turn out themselves to be abusers, rapists and murderers. I can't help wondering sometimes, if someone had not been a victim of some kind of deprived childhood, would they still have committed the same crime?When you get 2 people, both having suffered child abuse, what makes 1 turn into an abuser or murderer while the other person doesn't? Doesn't there have to be something else involved here, not just the persons childhood experiences?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
CarerI am talking about Congressman Mark Foley that just quit the senate for writing explicit e-mails to 16 year old pages if you don't know this story you might read up in the news cause I might not be able to give you an objective point of view I am not saying I don't have any sympathy for people who are true victim's but I have none for this case

Carer

Oct 10, 2006
Hi Kriss,Thanks for that. I'm from the UK, but will have a look on one of our news websites and see if I can find anything. I don't always catch the TV news so might have missed it on there.

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
One can only be angry if one expected better. If Evangelicals believed that the GOP is somehow joined at the hip with the Gospel, than those Evangelicals will always be disappointed.God is not the mascot for any political party.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Carer;3504)
Hi Kriss,Thanks for that. I'm from the UK, but will have a look on one of our news websites and see if I can find anything. I don't always catch the TV news so might have missed it on there.
Sorry Carer didn't realize you were from UK here is a copy of one of the millions of stories hope it gives you better Idea of what I'm talking about glad to have you aboard if I didn't mention it earlier was blowing off steam anyway welcome The Foley Scandel by: Chris Casey Mon Oct 02, 2006 at 21:46:00 PM EDT We are nearing the eve of a political revolution with virtually no thanks due to the party who will benefit from it. I'm starting to believe Republicans are tired of being in control as they continue to hand voters reasons to vote Democratic on Novemeber 7th. The most resent installment in the Republican "book of humiliations" is the discovery of sexually explicit email and instant messages sent between Florida congressman Mark Foley and an underage member of the Senate Page program. In the emails that date as far back as 2003, Foley used language inappropriate of a conversation between a child and an adult let alone a congressman and a page. This comes as quite a shock to many who know Foley as the man who has stood up for legislation protecting children from sexual predators; specifically online. Some, however, were not as surprised as they should have been. Specificly Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert who was apparently told about several of the less offensive emails that he described as no more than "overly friendly". He claims no to have known about the more explicit emails and instant messages that were leaked by ABC News on Friday despite claims by Republican staff that he was told. I am not alone in my outrage at this information. Parents trust the federal government to keep their children safe as they attempt to learn more about our country's government. It is appalling to know not only that this inappropriate communication was going on but that it was not stopped and investigated by Republican leadership when they were made aware of it.Whats more, no one informed a single Democrat in congress of the behavior so they could warn their pages to keep on the lookout for inappropriate conduct.The political ramifications of this recent revelation are substantial. Not only does it virtually guarantee a normally safe Republican seat to the Democratic challenger Tim Mahoney, but it adds to the anti-incumbent leaning among voters who are sick and tired of poor ethics and scandals.With this seat locked, the Democrats only need 14 more to seize control of the House of Representatives, a far from unlikely scenario (especially in today's political climate). Chris Casey :: The Foley Scandel

Carer

Oct 10, 2006
Hi Kriss,Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post the above info.It is appalling that anyone should abuse children, but it's even worsewhen these crimes are committed by those who are in public positions of trust and are supposed to set an example.It does so infuriate me when you get government members telling everyone else what they should and should not do, when all the time they are involved in immoral or criminal activitiesthemselves. Talk about double standards
sad.gif

stanleyg

Jul 19, 2006
It is easy to point fingers to blame Mark Foley for his misconduct. Yet, it is difficult to discuss one's own shortcoming.

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
(stanleyg;3616)
It is easy to point fingers to blame Mark Foley for his misconduct. Yet, it is difficult to discuss one's own shortcoming.
Pedophilia is a misconduct that needs to be addressed. Especially by one who claims to be on the front lines against such conduct.