Animal lovers...please pray

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been following this man's YouTube channel. He feeds many stray cats and some dogs in Istanbul. He also gives them wood houses to protect them from cold and harsh weather.

He had rented a house and made it a cat shelter.

Three weeks ago, his neighbors tried to burn the shelter up. They also attacked him.

He doesn't want any donations. But he is hurt and you can read his comments if you want to under the video. He couldn't appear on the video because of being attacked. He has been psychologically affected, too.

Please pray for Onur. He is very kindhearted.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying.
I've been following this man's YouTube channel. He feeds many stray cats and some dogs in Istanbul. He also gives them wood houses to protect them from cold and harsh weather.

He had rented a house and made it a cat shelter.

Three weeks ago, his neighbors tried to burn the shelter up. They also attacked him.

He doesn't want any donations. But he is hurt and you can read his comments if you want to under the video. He couldn't appear on the video because of being attacked. He has been psychologically affected, too.

Please pray for Onur. He is very kindhearted.
Praying.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have 6 cats. When I lived in Florida I took in stray momma and her kitten. By the time I left Florida I had been taking care over the years of 20 cats that was from this one stray over 3 generations.
When I left Florida there were 10 cats remaining. (Living in the forest and having them be feral, you tend to lose them to nature)
I had to move to Maine, so I packed up 10 cats a rescued dog and my mother-in-law in a Kia and drove for 3 days.
Not much fun.
I have 6 cats left. The dog I lost to cancer. 1 cat to old age, 2 cats went awol, and 1 cat hid itself so well I couldn't find it and it starved to death. Broke my heart. And lost my MIL to dementia a year ago.

I don't know why people are so cruel. Some have no compassion it makes you wonder if they have a heart at all.

Prayers for Onur and his rescues. They become family the minute you give them a name.
And prayers that his neighbours find some compassion.
Hugs

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have 6 cats. When I lived in Florida I took in stray momma and her kitten. By the time I left Florida I had been taking care over the years of 20 cats that was from this one stray over 3 generations.
When I left Florida there were 10 cats remaining. (Living in the forest and having them be feral, you tend to lose them to nature)
I had to move to Maine, so I packed up 10 cats a rescued dog and my mother-in-law in a Kia and drove for 3 days.
Not much fun.
I have 6 cats left. The dog I lost to cancer. 1 cat to old age, 2 cats went awol, and 1 cat hid itself so well I couldn't find it and it starved to death. Broke my heart. And lost my MIL to dementia a year ago.

I don't know why people are so cruel. Some have no compassion it makes you wonder if they have a heart at all.

Prayers for Onur and his rescues. They become family the minute you give them a name.
And prayers that his neighbours find some compassion.
Hugs
Enjoyed hearing your experiences and thoughts. Long ago I fed about 12 outdoor strays for many years. Did get them neutered with the help of a rescue group. So they eventually either got adopted, died or a couple seemed to move on. So then there were no more to feed.

You might like Onur's YouTube channel...he literally feeds hundreds of stray cats in harsh conditions, also providing wood houses for shelter. He also feeds some dogs but mainly cats.

His channel is called Adorable Paws. Even a thumbs up for the videos helps him.

Reactions: amadeus and Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Enjoyed hearing your experiences and thoughts. Long ago I fed about 12 outdoor strays for many years. Did get them neutered with the help of a rescue group. So they eventually either got adopted, died or a couple seemed to move on. So then there were no more to feed.

You might like Onur's YouTube channel...he literally feeds hundreds of stray cats in harsh conditions, also providing wood houses for shelter. He also feeds some dogs but mainly cats.

His channel is called Adorable Paws. Even a thumbs up for the videos helps him.
I will check it out
Thank you.
I'm not usually for animal videos. I have a tendency to get emotional when it comes to them.
My daughter advocates against animal abuse and dog fighting. I can't watch them.
She posts a lot on FB. And I don't use FB.
I think I would become physically violent if I saw something like that happening and I knew where to find them.
And I'm not a violent person, but in my soul I know it would be a challenge not to want to take action.

Some people have a better control and they know how to handle it legally. I on the other hand would probably smash their head into a brick wall.
Just sayin...

I will check out his videos and give a thumbs up and maybe comment.
Thank you for sharing.
Hugs

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will check out his videos and give a thumbs up and maybe comment.
Thank you for sharing.
Hugs
I don't watch animal videos that are heartbreaking.... can't handle it either.
But "Adorable Paws" videos are nice because it shows him helping these animals and loving them.

Reactions: amadeus and Ziggy

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An update. It's been a month since the neighbor tried to burn up the cat shelter (house).

This video shows what has happened to the shelter cats....new garden home. Also, the stray cats....a kind neighbor lady is now taking care of them.

Onur who helps many stray animals in Istanbul pinned a comment under the YouTube video if anyone is interested in reading it.

Here in the USA, the neighbor would have been prosecuted for the fire and also attacking Onur.

• Sad
Reactions: Nancy

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hope everything works out, will be praying for the animals.

Reactions: Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Animal lovers and others, remember kind-hearted Onur in your prayers.

He is experiencing bankruptcy and has to give up his company, look for a new house, etc. He explains the situation in the following video...even mentioning suicide! But he is trusting God still.

He is not looking for donations and disabled that.

Adrift

Apr 1, 2024
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's like a knife in my heart when I see people not loving our sinless animals. It should be a loving dominion. Stray cats and dogs didn't ask to be here. They just have to deal with life. I personally believe that how we treat animals is a true heart indicator for God. Don't ask me to quote a scripture, it's just what I hope to be true.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Praying that he will be back as soon as he can, that he gets everything in order with his own situation first, God Bless him for all the Love and devotion he has shown these cats.

As he also said, what doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger..in Jesus Name!...Amen!!...xxx

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying that he will be back as soon as he can, that he gets everything in order with his own situation first, God Bless him for all the Love and devotion he has shown these cats.

As he also said, what doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger..in Jesus Name!...Amen!!...xxx
He also feeds stray dogs. Some are abandoned in the forest and mountains. Some he comes across at the seaside and the park when he feeds cats.

Here he is feeding forest dogs in the rain. He made the small tents so they have some shelter from the cold.

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I prayed for justice to be brought on the situation and the people who caused the fire. I hope and pray the cats and the person sheltering be safe and well.

Reactions: Debp