Animal Sacrifices In The Millenium?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Axehead

May 9, 2012
I believe they were animal skins. In fact, I believe it was either a goat, ram or lamb.

I believe that God disseminated some truth to Adam and Adam taught it to Abel. How else did Abel know what would please the Lord?

Gen 4:4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:

Of course the Lord could have spoken to Abel, directly. He did after all speak to Cain, directly.

Gen 4:6 And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?

I don't think the Lord will be building a Temple or House for Himself in the Millenium. Afterall, He has been building His House for over 2,000 years. There won't be any need for a sacrifice since He was the final sacrifice that pleased His Father and no sacrifice can make anything better than what Jesus did. His sacrifice was PERFECT.

Axehead

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA

And did you know that this legitimate millennium temple will have sacrifices brought to Jesus on His throne?

“ And he said unto me, Son of man, thus saith the Lord GOD; These [are] the ordinances of the altar in the day when they shall make it, to offer burnt offerings thereon, and to sprinkle blood thereon. And thou shalt give to the priests the Levites that be of the seed of Zadok, which approach unto me, to minister unto me, saith the Lord GOD, a young bullock for a sin offering.”

Eze 43:18,19

“But the priests the Levites, the sons of Zadok, that kept the charge of my sanctuary when the children of Israel went astray from me, they shall come near to me to minister unto me, and they shall stand before me to offer unto me the fat and the blood, saith the Lord GOD: They shall enter into my sanctuary, andthey shall come near to my table, to minister unto me, and they shall keep mycharge.”

Eze 44:15,16
(Also see Jer. 33:15-18)

So….. return to past glory? Or symbolic innuendo?

The sacrifices of those Ezekiel verses are symbolic.

But notice when God gave the Ezekiel 40 through 48 chapters about the future to be written down. It was given while... the Old Covenant sacrifices were still in effect. And those Ezekiel chapters appear among the OT Books of the prophets. Consider what different statements about animal sacrifices being replaced by praise and love to God through Christ's crucifixion would have done to Israel's understanding back in Ezekiel's days. Consider how it also serves to mislead those today who seek a return of animal sacrifices per the Old Covenant. Also consider how it helps to guard the understanding of those future events in Ezekiel away from those it is not given to, for the deceived think those Ezekiel chapters are already past history just because of that mention of animal sacrifices.

Those sacrifices are replaced now by our love and praise to God (Heb.13:15; Heb.10:12; Romans 12:1).