Animals going to heaven and hell.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

yellowstar

Feb 27, 2008
Hello everyone:rolleyes:I have a dog and a cat, and I like them very much. I asked Howard our preast if animals whent to heaven with us when we die.He says that animals, eventually follow us in heaven and in hell. But I said to Howard that it was'nt fair for animals to go to hell. Like for exemple maybe Ben Laden has a camel and when he gets killed is camel will go to hell. But the camel just walks arround and drinks water, he's not like Ben Laden or anything, I dont agree with this rule.Some kids at school say that there is no heaven or hell, but I dont believe that. But I'm confused, lets say I go to heaven, And my brother goes to hell, who gets to take wich animal... Because we have two of them? One for me and one for him I guess. I think I whant my cat to see God.:angel1:

G

Godrocks

Can i ask you, how you came to believe in god...? Are your parents religious, so they have grown you and your sibling/s up going to church every sunday (?) < for example.I feel its cruel for parents not to give their kids a fair choice in life, whether they believe or not... A Tad off topic eh, but I'm saying there isn't a heaven and hell for you pets sorry mate.... there isn't one for you, or me or anyone else in this world mate.

yellowstar

Feb 27, 2008
I`ve been going to church as far as I can remember. I`m 17, so maybe since I was 5, I think. It`s our preast that says that animals follow us to heaven and hell. I believe him, he makes a lot of sense of religious things. He guides us. But I`m glad it is so, because I love my cat. So you believe in heaven also, good for you.

sevver

Dec 31, 2006
Seems like a good oportunity to do an IP comparison.
tongue.gif

DrBubbaLove

Jan 17, 2008
Strictly speaking the orthodox have always believed animals do not have immortal souls. They have a spirit which animates all life, but that spirit is not an immortal soul. So unlike us, when any animal dies, they cease to exist. Neither do animals have a free-will to choose or reject God. So if any animals did go to Heaven, it could not be based on a judgement of the life of any particular animal.However, some have speculated that many, many things which give us great pleasure in this life COULD be a part of the next, including the love and joy experienced with some of our pets/animals. So this speculation suggests that because in our walk towards God, the Christian life naturally draw others (human) along with us, that same draw could pull (as opposed to "draw"- helping lead other rational beings) our dearest pets along with us. The idea God could recreate a non-rational soul and reanimate that life for us, for our joy is not contrary to God's Nature or beyond His Abilities. And if the idea as presented is not God rewarding an animal for anything, but it is a part of rewarding the owner, there seems nothing wrong with the justification of it.Yellowstar, a "Travelers Guide to Heaven" is a short read and one of the minor topics addressed is this very idea. The strongest objection is perhaps that such joy (from our pets) is meaningless next to what Jesus describes as indescribable. To which one could respond how do you know what would be bring me great joy in the next life and perhaps you have never felt the joy of the relationship with a pet as I have. I do not think as a blanket statement if it is true that some pets go to Heaven, that everyone will have all their pets in Heaven. Not everyone likes animals the same way some do. I think we have every reason to believe God knows our hearts, including that which brings each of us our greatest joys, and that He has prepared a place that is special for (and to) everyone going there. In that sense Heaven must be individualized for us to some degree. I see nothing wrong with the idea that our gaining reward in Heaven could bring some of our pets with us. As to Hell, the idea of Hell seems to me to be a solo journey, the path to get there is all about self, a personal journey that does not include others. Am not sure the reward for selfishness should include others, even animals. And there is nothing fitting with punishing a non-rational animal for the rational choices of it's owner.

MATTOB

Feb 24, 2008
Animals do not go to heaven and hell, they do not have immortal souls, they were not made in God's image they were put here for us and this is a run-on sentence so I apologise.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
When an animal dies, it's soul is destroyed. I suppose.But hey, you'll have a chance to be around exotic, everlasting, animals in Heaven!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(MATTOB;38505)
Animals do not go to heaven and hell, they do not have immortal souls, they were not made in God's image they were put here for us and this is a run-on sentence so I apologise.
Sorry but I completley disagree I do not think animals go to hell as they do not have free will to choose Christ therefore they are inocent and follow the laws of nature which God created. And scripture makes it pretty clear there are animals in Heaven. Heaven is where ever Gods kingdom is Isa 11:6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them. Isa 11:7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.__________________