Another New Zealand Lockdown

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
We knew it would happen. It's Day 6 at Alert Level 4 in our country since an outbreak of the Covid 19 Delta Variant was picked up last Tuesday 17th August 2021.

A traveller from Sydney Australia was allowed into NZ earlier this month but somehow during airport transfer and quarantine a 52 year old tradesman was infected and the virus has now spread into the community which has 21 new cases in addition to the 13 quarantining in Managed Isolation (MIQ), and a total of 116 active cases.

This may seem like small fry in comparison to other countries, and so far there have been only 26 deaths from Covid in NZ, but with the Delta Variant being extra contagious there are strict measures in place with arrests being made of those who breach lockdown conditions.

The lockdown has very little impact on me personally as for a long time now I have been 90% retired and content to be at home with my wife and other hobbies.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We knew it would happen. It's Day 6 at Alert Level 4 in our country since an outbreak of the Covid 19 Delta Variant was picked up last Tuesday 17th August 2021.

A traveller from Sydney Australia was allowed into NZ earlier this month but somehow during airport transfer and quarantine a 52 year old tradesman was infected and the virus has now spread into the community which has 21 new cases in addition to the 13 quarantining in Managed Isolation (MIQ), and a total of 116 active cases.

This may seem like small fry in comparison to other countries, and so far there have been only 26 deaths from Covid in NZ, but with the Delta Variant being extra contagious there are strict measures in place with arrests being made of those who breach lockdown conditions.

The lockdown has very little impact on me personally as for a long time now I have been 90% retired and content to be at home with my wife and other hobbies.
Glad to hear you have the benefit of retirement to lean on. Yes here in Washington state we were locked down for a few months but that has been over for a while now. They are also worried about the delta variant and re-enacted masking for even vaccinated individuals. A bit annoying to say the least.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I should also say they are trying to enforce mandatory vaccinations in some occupational areas. Usually only in the democrat run states. It's toxic and hurtful if you ask me.