ANY EVANGELICAL, BAPTIST, NON-DENOMINATIONAL, REFORMED OR METHODIST HERE?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

chiclady

Apr 15, 2024
Manila
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Hi all, I was brought up in a Christian home belonging to Methodist-Evangelical Church. I am new in this Christian Forum, what about you? What spiritual gifts do you have that you would like to share to encourage others to have a strengthened relationship with Jesus?

Reactions: dev553344 and Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi all, I was brought up in a Christian home belonging to Methodist-Evangelical Church. I am new in this Christian Forum, what about you? What spiritual gifts do you have that you would like to share to encourage others to have a strengthened relationship with Jesus?
Hi, nice to have you here.

I just call myself a Christian (born again). I have attended Presbyterian and inter-denominational churches.

I think I have the gift of helps. Trying to help others and/or give some counseling comes easily to me. Usually in person such counseling is received very well by others and that makes me glad.

chiclady

Apr 15, 2024
Manila
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Hello chiclady. I'm non-denominational. As for gifts...um...IDK.
Hi Marcipa. Good to know that you are a Christian, may the Lord reveal to you your "Spiritual Gifts" in varieties of service (1 Corinthians 12:4-6; Romans 12:6-8) so He can use you further in serving to glorify His name. Do other beliefs apart from Christianity are also welcome here?

chiclady

Apr 15, 2024
Manila
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Hi, nice to have you here.

I just call myself a Christian (born again). I have attended Presbyterian and inter-denominational churches.

I think I have the gift of helps. Trying to help others and/or give some counseling comes easily to me. Usually in person such counseling is received very well by others and that makes me glad.
Counseling can be a great help to those in need applying the principle that we ought to "Encourage and build up one another", another way to consider while walking in love. Thanks for sharing Debp

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi chic lady, welcome to the forum.

What spiritual gifts do you have? xx

Would encouragement be a gift?

Maybe you could post some of the gifts that some have?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi @chiclady - It's quite a long story. I was brought up as Church of England although my parents had no real connection with a church, If asked my mum was Welsh chapel and my dad Methodist but the c of E school was nearest to where we lived so was convenient.

I was Christened C of E - Anglican, confirmed there at 11 years and in all that time never heard the gospel preached. I responded to the gospel at a chuldren's outreach mission at a Railway mission chapel when I was about 10 or 11 but wasn't allowed to join that church so it sort of dried up.

In later years when my son was Christened in our local Church of England I was given a booklet called 'Journey Into Life' which I read avidly and after 35 years of believing myself to be a Christian I discovered that I was not because I hadn't given my life to Jesus.

I soon put that right and asked God to forgive my sin and for Jesus to come into my life. After that I attended the local C of E for about 7 years; singing in the choir, publishing the magazine and being on the governing committee. I was also baptised in the Holy Spirit and was given the gift of tongues - the first time I used it is another story.

Then After that initial 7 years God clearly told me to be baptised. So I went to see the vicar and although he was sympathetic couldn't baptise me as according to Anglican tradition my infant Christening counted as baptism. So the only thing was to join a church who would baptise me and I am still there. It is a non-denominational group which started off in people's homes and drew in members from every church group you can think off. I am still enjoying my walk with God growing in faith.

Phew! That was a lot of typing, I hope you made it to the end.

chiclady

Apr 15, 2024
Manila
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Hi chic lady, welcome to the forum.

What spiritual gifts do you have? xx

Would encouragement be a gift?

Maybe you could post some of the gifts that some have?
Hi ritajanice, I quite have gifts that varies. Some of which are through arts, music, assisting or helping and a bit of edification. What about you, what are your spiritual gifts that might encourage others too to serve the Lord and be part of the Body of Christ? Do you believe that each part of His Body should have a function?
Hi @chiclady - It's quite a long story. I was brought up as Church of England although my parents had no real connection with a church, If asked my mum was Welsh chapel and my dad Methodist but the c of E school was nearest to where we lived so was convenient.

I was Christened C of E - Anglican, confirmed there at 11 years and in all that time never heard the gospel preached. I responded to the gospel at a chuldren's outreach mission at a Railway mission chapel when I was about 10 or 11 but wasn't allowed to join that church so it sort of dried up.

In later years when my son was Christened in our local Church of England I was given a booklet called 'Journey Into Life' which I read avidly and after 35 years of believing myself to be a Christian I discovered that I was not because I hadn't given my life to Jesus.

I soon put that right and asked God to forgive my sin and for Jesus to come into my life. After that I attended the local C of E for about 7 years; singing in the choir, publishing the magazine and being on the governing committee. I was also baptised in the Holy Spirit and was given the gift of tongues - the first time I used it is another story.

Then After that initial 7 years God clearly told me to be baptised. So I went to see the vicar and although he was sympathetic couldn't baptise me as according to Anglican tradition my infant Christening counted as baptism. So the only thing was to join a church who would baptise me and I am still there. It is a non-denominational group which started off in people's homes and drew in members from every church group you can think off. I am still enjoying my walk with God growing in faith.

Phew! That was a lot of typing, I hope you made it to the end.
Thanks a lot for sharing Pearl. May your gift in Music and Speaking in Tongues bring an encouragement to others to make use of their time too through serving in full submission to Christ who is the Head of His Body. Blessings!

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is a Spiritual Gifts survey for anyone who wants to take it.
I do not want to discuss my gifts if any because I think it may make me feel puffed up.
BUT
I'll tell you what i love to do at church (although don't fall into any of your churches listed in the title--I am SDA.)
We have a weekly vegetarian potluck which I am honored to say I am part of. After church everyone can eat there, and fellowship. We can get to know our visitors better or learn more about our brothers and sisters.
I help prep the tables, warm foods, and ask the visitors, if they want to, or don't know anyone, to sit at our table. I absolutely love it. We consider it a ministry, and I am so happy to be able to serve God in this way.

Last edited:

chiclady

Apr 15, 2024
Manila
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
I do not want to discuss my gifts if any because I think it may make me feel puffed up.
BUT
I'll tell you what i love to do at church (although don't fall into any of your churches listed in the title--I am SDA.)
We have a weekly vegetarian potluck which I am honored to say I am part of. After church everyone can eat there, and fellowship. We can get to know our visitors better or learn more about our brothers and sisters.
I help prep the tables, warm foods, and ask the visitors, if they want to, or don't know anyone, to sit at our table. I absolutely love it. We consider it a ministry, and I am so happy to be able to serve God in this way.
Thank you Cassandra for sharing this. God bless you and your ministry.

Reactions: Pearl

chiclady

Apr 15, 2024
Manila
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
BUT
Thank you Cassandra for sharing this. God bless you and your ministry.
I have the gift of Faith, a manifestation of the Spirit....xx
Thank you Ritajanice. May your gifts continuously inspire more people. Blessings!

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
May I ask why you reposted the two posts already responded to by you?

chiclady

Apr 15, 2024
Manila
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
I'm not sure which one I reposted. I might need to find which post are you referring to. I am still exploring how to get into threads i wish to respond to and easily get back to it. I usually click the reply. Thanks.
May I ask why you reposted the two posts already responded to by you?

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure which one I reposted. I might need to find which post are you referring to. I am still exploring how to get into threads i wish to respond to and easily get back to it. I usually click the reply. Thanks.
Oh, I see. :D I didn't know if you were bumping the thread or not. I've seen folk do that to keep their thread on top. (Number 16 is a repost of two posts that you already answered and requoted them.)

You can go to your profile and it will show what postings you've made, so you can access them that way as well. :)

Reactions: chiclady