Any other Christians in here interested in evolution? I mean genuinely wants to understand it.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All you have to do is look at the work by scholars .

1. Genesis 1:1 is a introduction statement.

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

It’s mentioned God is created the heaven and the earth. The earth is translated from the word “ erets “ which means the lands. Ancient Jewish people had no concept of the “ earth “ like we do. We think of earth as a globe. They thought of it as a disc.

so it’s saying El creates the heavens ( skies ) and earth ( lands ).

It then states the condition of the earth. Before it was the lands, before it became the lands, before it was created days later, it was not yet created and this uncreated state was darkness and water. It was the void and the chaos. God did not create the void and the darkness. The void and the darkness was pre creation. This is simply what Jewish people believed.

god then begin to create.

Day 1: God separated the darkness. He conquered it. He ripped it in half and ordered it into light and darkness. This light and darkness was not from the sun and moon or stars.

Day 2: God created the firmament. The dome. It’s as of a metal sheet was beaten flat. That’s what it means in Hebrew.

Day 3: God gathers up the waters below the heavens, which was the waters under the dome and created land.

Esch day it breaks down what was created and on none of these days was the formless void (deep dark cosmic waters ) or darkness created.

just google and read for a few weeks the ancient Jewish and Mesopotamian beliefs of the cosmos. Biblical cosmology for example.
That's just ignorant of biblical theology. Scholars devoid of the Holy Spirit condemned the Lord of Glory and had Him nailed to a cross. You can not arrive at spiritual truth through carnal thinking.
All you have to do is look at the work by scholars .

1. Genesis 1:1 is a introduction statement.

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

It’s mentioned God is created the heaven and the earth. The earth is translated from the word “ erets “ which means the lands. Ancient Jewish people had no concept of the “ earth “ like we do. We think of earth as a globe. They thought of it as a disc.

so it’s saying El creates the heavens ( skies ) and earth ( lands ).

It then states the condition of the earth. Before it was the lands, before it became the lands, before it was created days later, it was not yet created and this uncreated state was darkness and water. It was the void and the chaos. God did not create the void and the darkness. The void and the darkness was pre creation. This is simply what Jewish people believed.

god then begin to create.

Day 1: God separated the darkness. He conquered it. He ripped it in half and ordered it into light and darkness. This light and darkness was not from the sun and moon or stars.

Day 2: God created the firmament. The dome. It’s as of a metal sheet was beaten flat. That’s what it means in Hebrew.

Day 3: God gathers up the waters below the heavens, which was the waters under the dome and created land.

Esch day it breaks down what was created and on none of these days was the formless void (deep dark cosmic waters ) or darkness created.

just google and read for a few weeks the ancient Jewish and Mesopotamian beliefs of the cosmos. Biblical cosmology for example.
"But a natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned." 1 Corinthians 2:14

Spiritual truth is not discerned through scholarship. It was scholars that condemned the Lord of glory, and had Him nailed to a cross.
The Bible means what it says. Attempts to make it mean something other than what His Spirit teaches are the result of reasoning from carnal thinking.

"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect."
Romans 12:2

There was no created thing before creation. The Bible doesn't have to say it for it to be true, and the opposite is a logical absurdity. However the Bible does say it in the order of creation and confirms it in the person of Jesus Christ.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him not even one thing came into being that has come into being. John 1:1-3

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rape is unrighteousness. Murder is unrighteousness. One doesn't justify the other.
However, if you believe in a sovereign God, then absolutely everything that happens is ultimately in His control. He has always used unrighteous people, evil men, to accomplish His purposes. "There is no one good but One, that is God."

We measure behavior and label it according to what we imagine we would do or wouldn't do in any given circumstance. Yet, men that we reckon to be "good" frequently do evil things, when pressured by situations beyond their control.
This is why the Christian saying was coined, "There, but by the grace of God, go I."
Some people run after sin, others "fall" into it, but all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, our Lord Jesus Christ.
There's a ton of babies born with severe health issues everyday, sometimes I wonder about the wonderfully made with no legs or joined at the hip with another.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's a ton of babies born with severe health issues everyday, sometimes I wonder about the wonderfully made with no legs or joined at the hip with another.
You might be surprised about how many of those defects were caused by chemical industry. Nevertheless, perhaps you should take a poll among the people born with defects and ask them if they'd rather be dead?

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You might be surprised about how many of those defects were caused by chemical industry. Nevertheless, perhaps you should take a poll among the people born with defects and ask them if they'd rather be dead?
10% the other 80% are not caused by chemical industry

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sure quite a few were caused by atmospheric radio isotopes in the air and ground water after worldwide nuclear testing, and illegal production of drugs too, but do you believe that the impaired would rather be dead?
You got a point the hidden causes they don't want us to know, right... I'm sure we don't get all the info.
But no I don't believe the impaired would, I've seen alot of inspiring stories of people happy and thriving its probably more about people not seeing them without one.

Last edited:
Reactions: michaelvpardo

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am interested in interpreting "Evolution" in a 'Christian' way.

For example. I adhere to the idea, that "God" has the 'greatest' Evolution.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am interested in interpreting "Evolution" in a 'Christian' way.

For example. I adhere to the idea, that "God" has the 'greatest' Evolution.
Our view is generally from Man to God, ie how we see things have evolved out there including God but could it be that our awareness needs be God towards us?

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Our view is generally from Man to God, ie how we see things have evolved out there including God but could it be that our awareness needs be God towards us?

That's right, our awareness needs be God toward us, We need to be directed by God, what manner of 'evolution' we should have. It's a very liberating thought: thankyou!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's right, our awareness needs be God toward us, We need to be directed by God, what manner of 'evolution' we should have. It's a very liberating thought: thankyou!
God's full revelation of himself or at least that which matters to us saddled with death, has been given in Jesus. The question is how do we see him?

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God's full revelation of himself or at least that which matters to us saddled with death, has been given in Jesus. The question is how do we see him?
Yes "how?"

I see Him requiring less and less 'evolution' of me, not more and more.

Meanwhile, my soul is growing ever stronger!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes "how?"

I see Him requiring less and less 'evolution' of me, not more and more.

Meanwhile, my soul is growing ever stronger!
In that no matter what we threw at him in.......we gave him our worst, he still forgave. He never resorted to revenge or unkindness of any sort....allowing us to even kill him. Jesus gave us a picture of God's character totally contrary to the gods we create....even those within the Christian community

Reactions: Gottservant

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This post is not about debating with those who don’t believe it. Plenty of forums out there. This is a place for those , typically just in college, that is feeling conflicted.
Having examined the scientific claims of both Creationists and evolutionists for years, I can honestly say I believe in Creationism like I was there when God - as my favorite preacher puts it - "stepped out onto nothing, and spoke to nothing, and from nothing sprang forth everything."

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to be interested in evolution, then I watched a documentary on dinosaurs that threw doubt into current theories of carbon dating and that the flood could also explain their extinction. And they have a missing link. So no I'm no longer interested in evolution.
3b66a356e2488c5eb67df200b406700a.jpg
You, my friend, would absolutely appreciate Prof. Walter Veith's "The Genesis Conflict" on Youtube. Why? Because for years he was an atheist scientist who taught graduate students the intricacies of evolution before a whirlwind of events led him to accept Christ and the truth of Creationism.

He's basically a one-man debate who expertly and authoritatively presents both sides of the issue and offers you the choice to decide yourself, since debates between scientists on both sides of the issue are rare, if at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: dev553344

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This post is not about debating with those who don’t believe it. Plenty of forums out there. This is a place for those , typically just in college, that is feeling conflicted.
All the more reason to debunk evolution on this thread. Then the "conflicting" will cease.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God designed us with latent potential: that's all Evolution is, the gradual revelation of latent potential.

Gandalf-

Nov 16, 2022
Marlboro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You apparently are just as much of a joke as evolution, and this thread are as well. I just wanted to take a quick peek was all, and skim thru a few responses to see what your kind were going to say.

And yes I read again, you saying this post was not to debate with those who do not believe in the demonic lie of evolution. Which I had not come here to debate either with the clueless evolutionists, as evolution only exists for those who hate God, even those who fake being Christians, and who feel compelled to personally believe in god, and thus who hate the lie of evolution as a result.

And I saw how a real Christian, as it would appear, wandered in here to make a statement against evolution. And yes, whie they either did not read, or simply ignored you saying this thread is not for debating evolution, you felt compelled to insult them, with the usual "you apparently can not read" types of responses, because a real Christian felt compelled to stand against evolution? You could not have been nice about it, and simply repeat you did not post this thread to debate the obvious lie of evolution?

And who cares how many god hating scientists believe in evolution. Because to debate that point alone, there are many brilliant scientists who do not believe in evolution, some of which have even written books against evolution. So you automatically go to the same old worn out trope of claiming ( in a lost world ) that the vast majority of scientists believe in evolution, lol

So anj actual Christian, wandered into your thread, in a Christian debate forums, and broke the cardinal rule of your purpose being not to debate evolution, and you couldn't let it slide?

I too do not want to debate evolution with clowns who believe in it, and then also try and claim to be Christians, and then violate the least infraction I have ever seen in here, and simply can not forgive them for it?

I may indeed myself might post a thread in here about the clown car theory of evolution in here, but agin did not enter this thread other than for a peek, to see you can't forgive the infraction of real Christians who might feel compelled to enter a thread in a Christian debate forum, and break your post's purpose statment.

You are going to have to learn to forgive them, and simply blow it off, if they do not follow your thread statements, or rules. Welcome to the real world where a lot of thread statements and rules are ignored. And I know you simply wanted to corrupt young and impressionable minds with the godless lie of evolution. But poor you, that not all real Christians can't simply idly sit by, while you lie to, and corrupt, young and impressionable minds ( to their thinking and beliefs. ) and so will simply show up to say evolution is a oie.

It is you who are in the wrong forums, if you expect actual Christians to have actual convictions, even though they violate your thread statement on how you basically do not want to debate evolution, but simply want to corrupt by pimping the evolution lie? Did I get that wrong? Is your thread simply not here to pimp the evolution lie?

I'll simply have to make my thread as soon as I can, and we can discuss your lie "evolution" in there

Mike