Any other Christians in here interested in evolution? I mean genuinely wants to understand it.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So a caterpillar does not evolve into a butterfly. They go through metamorphosis into a butterfly. But metamorphosis itself is a byproduct of evolution. Same as a seed does not evolve tree. They germinate. But the process of germination is a byproduct of evolution.
No, it's a product of God's creation. Not evolution.

Genesis 1:12 KJV
12) And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Call it a myth all you like, but it's just denying God's Word. Because Scripture treats this as true. Jesus spoke of creation as true.

I'll trust Jesus.

Much love!

Reactions: michaelvpardo

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..now days the overwhelming majority , including kids in elementary school, are already accepting it..

That's not what I'm seeing mate; I'm seeing more and more kids becoming fascinated with the "superscience" of the bible..:)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is it impossible to believe that a Christian can’t listen to the bulk of the Christian professors and interpret the genesis 1-11 using contextual analysis to understand the myth making used in accommodation to share theological truths with ancient Jews?
Because God created every living thing at the time of creation.
Genesis 1 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
²⁰ And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.
²¹ And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
²² And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.
²³ And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.
²⁴ And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
²⁵ And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

²⁶ And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
²⁷ So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
²⁸ And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

²⁹ And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
³⁰ And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.
³¹ And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 1 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
²⁰ And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.
²¹ And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
²² And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.
²⁴ And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
²⁵ And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

²⁶ And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
²⁷ So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
²⁸ And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

²⁹ And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
³⁰ And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.
³¹ And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
So instead of repeating myself it may help you read back through the 80 or posts or whatever it is and see that your statement has been countered several times already.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Genesis 1 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

@Heart2Soul Hebrews 11.3 is another relevant verse:

"Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear."

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to be interested in evolution, then I watched a documentary on dinosaurs that threw doubt into current theories of carbon dating and that the flood could also explain their extinction. And they have a missing link. So no I'm no longer interested in evolution.
3b66a356e2488c5eb67df200b406700a.jpg

Carbon dating is more accurate now then ever. One of the reasons is that now they now what can cause it to be inaccurate. And there are different types of carbon dating equipment so they can compare when it is important. And there are other ways of dating things, also to compare. So there is no reason to discount dating.

It is complicated but modern occurrences in the world have affected carbon dating. The Chornobyl reactor disaster and the Japan Fukushima reactor disaster changed the world in a way that carbon dating anything exposed to the air has to be scrutinized.

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Carbon dating is more accurate now then ever. One of the reasons is that now they now what can cause it to be inaccurate. And there are different types of carbon dating equipment so they can compare when it is important. And there are other ways of dating things, also to compare. So there is no reason to discount dating.

It is complicated but modern occurrences in the world have affected carbon dating. The Chornobyl reactor disaster and the Japan Fukushima reactor disaster changed the world in a way that carbon dating anything exposed to the air has to be scrutinized.
Plus carbon dating matched up to them other forms of dating, and the info there matches up with fossil record, and those line up with geological layers and all it lines up with the genetic tree of life. It all supports each other.

Reactions: Grailhunter

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any other Christians in here interested in evolution? I mean genuinely wants to understand it.
OP ^

Without a “science” degree...
God created and made KINDS of things.
Terrestrial ManKINDS
Terrestrial AnimalKINDS
Terrestrial PlantKINDS
Celestial ManKINDS
Celestial AnimalKINDS
Celestial PlantKINDS

Terrestrial Man, Animal, Plant “KINDS” God gave to each it’s own Body, and it’s own Seed to reproduce its Same KIND of thing.

KINDS of things remain the Same.

* Sciences ... further divide the KINDS, into Categories;
Such as; species, types, genus, traits, speciation, family, race, etc.
* KINDS do not change.

A KIND will always be it’s Same KIND of thing.
Matters not the categories sciences establishes...

Skovand1075

Jul 13, 2022
Alabama.
www.instagram.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP ^

Without a “science” degree...
God created and made KINDS of things.
Terrestrial ManKINDS
Terrestrial AnimalKINDS
Terrestrial PlantKINDS
Celestial ManKINDS
Celestial AnimalKINDS
Celestial PlantKINDS

Terrestrial Man, Animal, Plant “KINDS” God gave to each it’s own Body, and it’s own Seed to reproduce its Same KIND of thing.

KINDS of things remain the Same.

* Sciences ... further divide the KINDS, into Categories;
Such as; species, types, genus, traits, speciation, family, race, etc.
* KINDS do not change.

A KIND will always be it’s Same KIND of thing.
Matters not the categories sciences establishes...
Sure. But a major part of evolution is that the fossil record shows drastic speciation as divergent traits take it further and further from its basal form.

such as boneless fish becoming boned fish and some bones fish developing lungs such as lungfish and eventually becoming tetrapods on land. It’s the fish becoming a tetrapod becoming a mammal becoming a Rumsfeld becoming a human.
I suggest the book “ your inner fish “.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure. But a major part of evolution is that the fossil record shows drastic speciation as divergent traits take it further and further from its basal form.

such as boneless fish becoming boned fish and some bones fish developing lungs such as lungfish and eventually becoming tetrapods on land. It’s the fish becoming a tetrapod becoming a mammal becoming a Rumsfeld becoming a human.

Giggle.

I suggest the book “ your inner fish “.

No thanks, I already have the book “The Holy Bible”.
ManKIND is Gods sculpting forming handiwork’s, from His dirt.

What is the fossil record evidence of a boneless fish?

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Giggle.

No thanks, I already have the book “The Holy Bible”.
ManKIND is Gods sculpting forming handiwork’s, from His dirt.

What is the fossil record evidence of a boneless fish?
It's worse than that. Evolutionists believe that mankind came from rocks. When we ask how that could ever happen, their answer is, it takes a long long time.

Much love!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's worse than that. Evolutionists believe that mankind came from rocks. When we ask how that could ever happen, their answer is, it takes a long long time.

Much love!

I’m sure there is a range of “evolutionists” with differing “opinions”, as to WHERE man came from.

However I would say with certainty One man has Not created and made another living man from rocks, dirt, animals, plants, etc.

It’s all in the SEEDS. Seeds reproduce their SAME KIND of thing.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So instead of repeating myself it may help you read back through the 80 or posts or whatever it is and see that your statement has been countered several times already.
Your thread title is misleading. Your question "any other Christian interested in evolution"....no Christian I know would be interested in something that contradicts His Word.
And as @marks stated ....it is a theory not a fact stemming from concrete evidence.
Scientists will argue with scientists who claim to have evidence to back up the theory with fossils.
Scientists will also tell you that what they first theorized was wrong. New technology continues to bring better testing tools and more accurate outcomes.
Anyway...how many members here are college students feeling conflicted about the theory of evolution?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your thread title is misleading. Your question "any other Christian interested in evolution"....no Christian I know would be interested in something that contradicts His Word.
And as @marks stated ....it is a theory not a fact stemming from concrete evidence.
Scientists will argue with scientists who claim to have evidence to back up the theory with fossils.
Scientists will also tell you that what they first theorized was wrong. New technology continues to bring better testing tools and more accurate outcomes.
Anyway...how many members here are college students feeling conflicted about the theory of evolution?

Lady Heart2Soul with all due respect this is a valid discussion.
The Bible contradict itself....I think you have a list of 300 contradictions from me.
The fact that the world is not flat is a big one.
Our homes are filled with the products of science....the communication we are having right now is probably being bounced off a satellite 20,000 miles in outer space....whatever you are communicating on right now, whether be a computer, tablet, or smart phone has over a thousand times the computing power of the computers that sent man to the moon. There is some humor in that we are having this negative discussion about science on the worldwide web using this technology.

Beliefs, Truths, Facts....Beliefs can be anything....and with 30,000 Protestant denominations that is an undisputed fact. But because a person recognizes science, that does not make them a non-Christian. Trust me I am a fierce Christian and I am not conflicted about evolution or the cosmos. I do not want to hurt your feelings but it takes a certain amount of naivety to live surrounded by science and still be able to deny it. Science has strict methods and it has it own critics from within that are more than happy to point out their colleagues mistakes.

God did the best He could to explain things, and it is all powered by God, but you cannot explain Quantum science to an ancient people. Nearly all of it today people do not understand.....that microwave oven may seem like magic to you....but it started out as radar and it was science that produced it, like a lot of things that fill everybody's homes. If science was not valid or creditable you would not have all the things in your home, it easy to deny what you cannot see or touch, that does not mean it is not valid. People were being killed by things they could not see for centuries....until medical science came along and discovered germs, bacteria, and viruses, then it was science that found the cures for these diseases.

God love ya and I hope we are still friends.

Last edited:

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just so. Isn't it common knowledge that dead bodies decay and the bones scattered unless there is some mechanism to bury them? Do we see animals being buried on the sea bed today? Buried on the mountain sides? No. They are scavanged and scattered.

I've seen some studies that show fossil beds have been layered according to bouyancy. And of course the upright fossilized trees that stand through "millions of years" of rock layers show that this "millions of years" is completely untrue.

Much love!
The eruption of Mt. Saint Helen's supposedly produced fossilized boots and other debris that dated to 4 and a half billion years ago. The dating method seems to apply to the rock, yet the boots were less than a decade old.
I don't consider any dating method reliable for prehistory, but I don't have a problem lengthening the first day as it refers to the events of one period of darkness, followed by one period of light. The lord lengthened a day as a sign to a king, and did the same during a battle with Midian if I'm recalling the right tribe. He still called it a day.
However, I don't believe something has to be factual to be true. Eg. The sun doesn't rise and fall, but that remains true in our perception. A day is defined as the time of one rotation of the planet, not a 24 hour period.
However, embracing a theory with science that rejects the supernatural (science that rejects God) is the exact opposite of faith, and really doesn't belong on a Christian web site. Then again, neither do cultic doctrines and they're all over the forums.

Reactions: Prim and marks

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lady Heart2Soul with all due respect this is a valid discussion.
The Bible contradict itself....I think you have a list of 300 contradictions from me.
The fact that the world is not flat is a big one.
Our homes are filled with the products of science....the communication we are having right now is probably being bounced off a satellite 20,000 miles in outer space....whatever you are communicating on right now, whether be a computer, tablet, or smart phone has over a thousand times the computing power of the computers that sent man to the moon. There is some humor in that we are having this negative discussion about science on the worldwide web using this technology.

Beliefs, Truths, Facts....Beliefs can be anything....and with 30,000 Protestant denominations that is an undisputed fact. But because a person recognizes science, that does not make them a non-Christian. Trust me I am a fierce Christian and I am not conflicted about evolution or the cosmos. I do not want to hurt your feelings but it takes a certain amount of naivety to live surrounded by science and still be able to deny it. Science has strict methods and it has it own critics from within that are more than happy to point out their colleagues mistakes.

God did the best He could to explain things, and it is all powered by God, but you cannot explain Quantum science to an ancient people. Nearly all of it today people do not understand.....that microwave oven may seem like magic to you....but it started out as radar and it was science that produced it, like a lot of things that fill everybody's homes. If science was not valid or creditable you would not have all the things in your home, it easy to deny what you cannot see or touch, that does not mean it is not valid. People were being killed by things they could not see for centuries....until medical science came along and discovered germs, bacteria, and viruses, then it was science that found the cures for these diseases.

God love ya and I hope we are still friends.
I am not saying science is of no value. I am saying theories about evolution, as it is stated that man came from apes etc, is not proven and contradicts the Word of God. And the Bible does not contradict itself. Scripture interprets scripture. Try reading a chronological Bible and see how much more context is gained.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But let's put aside creation for a second. The flood killed every living thing on earth. I can't imagine the sea creatures dying since water is their habitat. So at the time of the flood evolution must have ceased. Humans were walking upright...animals were in their final form...Noah took 2 of every kind on the Ark. My question is this...why did evolution cease? Why does it no longer continue to evolve into more species?

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are incorrect. I employ detection of morphological adaptations to identify frequency of inundation and saturation of the soil to locate the boundary between a wetland and an upland. Stripping of the soil matrix and accretion of organic deposits can occur within years. Cypress trees develop “knees” on the roots to assist in surviving inundation within the lifetime of the tree. Animals adapt to colors seasonally. So nature is full of physical adaptations triggered by environmental conditions.

Evolution postulates that these changes persist and lead to speciation, but all of the breeds of Dogs are still, to my reckoning, DOGS. I am outside the current vogue of redefining “species”, but I am an old fart that has been engaged in practical environmental science since Ronald Regan was president and still believes that animals that can breed and produce fertile offspring are the same species.

Thus I avoid these pointless debates (As a general rule).
Soil science? Cool. Have you seen the documentary "Kiss the ground?" I found the science sound, but my studies of ecosystems were limited to my fish tanks, artificial pond, and gardening. If you saw it, I'd value your opinion.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not saying science is of no value. I am saying theories about evolution, as it is stated that man came from apes etc, is not proven and contradicts the Word of God. And the Bible does not contradict itself. Scripture interprets scripture. Try reading a chronological Bible and see how much more context is gained.

I did give you that list of 300 contradictions...right?

Scripture interprets scripture...that in interesting.

College and a life of studying and several universes in Europe....I have looked at the Bible from about every possible perspective.

Fundamentalism and Sola scriptura served it purpose during the reform. Getting back to the basics and separating themselves from the Catholics. All well and good. I separate sola scriptura between theological sola scriptura and the physical evolution of all things. Even then theological sola scriptura obviously cannot be agreed upon. But for God to explain what exactly went on for the earth and the universe, it would have been more than the primitive people could have understood. People do not have faith in something that is that far over their heads. God did exactly what He should have done, explained it at the level that they could both cope and grasp the understanding.

You know the world in not flat and that is what the Bible is talking about. How it all happened is still about God and it is what is referred to as intelligent design. If science was not valid we would not have what we have today. Selective acceptance of science does not work, it is all the same method. In less than a hundred years we went from candles to landing on the moon. Science does work or they would not have made it to the moon. As far as methodology it is all the same method.

Proof, they have tons of proof but you cannot hold it in your hand. At one time Christians did not believe in dinosaurs or "cave men" but we are a little past that now. At one time Christians persecuted people that did not believe the world was flat.

Some look at it like all the things we have learned is not Christian....and that includes theology....we learned that slavery is not right, that polygamy is not right, and weddings are good....we learned that centuries after the biblical era. Now they can compare our DNA with that of cave men and track their evolution....It is higher science but that does not mean your average person cannot grasp it in general.