Anyone From California?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Creyn;68373)
Wow, Jordan... I'm really sorry. All I can offer you is to keep trying. Somewhere out there is a pastor who can feed you, with a congregation who'll love you. You know the recommendation of Matthew 18, and while I guess this can be considered a house of the Lord, what about corporal praise and worship? Singing and praying together is a wonderful feeling.
I love to sing His Songs. I have 5 Scripture Only Songs CD's and 1 by Amy Grant as well. I love El-Shaddai.Matthew 18:20 - For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.This speaks of where 2 or more people gather together in Christ's name. Are we not fellowshipping right now? There are many kinds of fellowshipping. CB is my congregation, as God led me here... and I enjoy what He brings me and I love Him, His Words, and His gift.
smile.gif
What a wonderful Father He really is.
smile.gif

Creyn

Jan 24, 2009
Well, you certainly hit on the verse I was alluding to, but as I said in the last post, this isn't a gathering in a traditional sense of the word. Our Creator saw it all from the beginning, but I don't think the any reader of Matthew, until very recent history, could envision a way of "gathering" without meeting face to face.While I think the resources here are a wonderful supplement to a Christian life, I, personally, would miss singing and bowing alongside my brothers and sisters-in-Christ. And I love the teaching of my Pastor, who's spent the majority of his life in study of the Word, so he can share with us the insight revealed to him through such diligence.As I said, its a personal matter. But I believe, no matter what it's been that turned you off of the churches you've tried, there's got to be a congregation out there that would meet your needs. Do you feel that no one out there would like to worship with you, the way that you enjoy?

TWC

Dec 1, 2008
I don't really do the brick-and-mortar church thing, either. That came from studying the Bible for what it really says, rather than blindly accepting what's coming from behind the pulpit; the American church is steadily deviating away from the Truth, treating God, as Paris Reidhead put it, as a means rather than an end.(Jordan)
I love to sing His Songs. I have 5 Scripture Only Songs CD's and 1 by Amy Grant as well. I love El-Shaddai.Matthew 18:20 - For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.This speaks of where 2 or more people gather together in Christ's name. Are we not fellowshipping right now? There are many kinds of fellowshipping. CB is my congregation, as God led me here... and I enjoy what He brings me and I love Him, His Words, and His gift. What a wonderful Father He really is.
Check this out:
smile.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvu0lrliPW0Oh, and I'm not from California.

Creyn

Jan 24, 2009
No, I feel ya', guys... But may I suggest finding a Calvary Chapel and trying it out? I, obviously, can't speak for them all, but my pastor is the coolest, humblest, but most Bible-knowledgeable man I've ever met.I mean... talk about depth of the word... We were studying the story of Jesus telling his (future) disciples to cast out their nets. You remember? When they'd been fishing all night and hadn't caught much, and out of nowhere this guy on the shore says, cast out your nets, and suddenly they've got a catch so massive it almost capsizes their boat.So our pastor, in explaining the incredulity the fisherman must have felt at being told by this random, non-fisherman to try again, was able to tell us about the KIND of fish they were catching. How they can only BE caught at night, how they used lanterns hung from the ship to lure them up, how the fish hide during the day to avoid predators... He even went into the way the fish find food for themselves.Crazy, right? And WAY cool, I think. And something that I would've missed if I didn't go to listen to someone more knowledgeable than me.Anyway, food for thought.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Creyn;68377)
No, I feel ya', guys... But may I suggest finding a Calvary Chapel and trying it out? I, obviously, can't speak for them all, but my pastor is the coolest, humblest, but most Bible-knowledgeable man I've ever met.I mean... talk about depth of the word... We were studying the story of Jesus telling his (future) disciples to cast out their nets. You remember? When they'd been fishing all night and hadn't caught much, and out of nowhere this guy on the shore says, cast out your nets, and suddenly they've got a catch so massive it almost capsizes their boat.So our pastor, in explaining the incredulity the fisherman must have felt at being told by this random, non-fisherman to try again, was able to tell us about the KIND of fish they were catching. How they can only BE caught at night, how they used lanterns hung from the ship to lure them up, how the fish hide during the day to avoid predators... He even went into the way the fish find food for themselves.Crazy, right? And WAY cool, I think. And something that I would've missed if I didn't go to listen to someone more knowledgeable than me.Anyway, food for thought.
I personally rather go to God Himself... because of this scripture or 2.John 14:26 - But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.James 1:5 - If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Creyn

Jan 24, 2009
Is it not possible that the form of wisdom God sends is that of a book about the fish of the Galilee? Or in the shape of someone, like my pastor, who already read such a book?And who would have thought to ask that question? And even if you did wonder, all by yourself, what the fish were like that His disciples were catching, and prayed about it, wouldn't the answer be the same: "Go to the Library, or to a church, pastored by someone who already knows."All I'm saying is, there's a lot one can learn from listening to a duly ordained, trained, and faithful man of God.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Hello fellow Calif Im in N.Calif above Sacramento glad to have you join us and in answer to your question the answer is no God tells us where he can be found Psa 40:7 Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book [it is] written of me, Hbr 10:7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.He also says where 2 or more are gathered together in my name is church he is not found in a building or in the Words of men (they all learn from the same schools ).. and theres a famine in the land for the true Word of God Amos 8:11-12 because of the lies of men So no men are not required to hear God ... Bible study is required and God gives us wisdom all wisdon comes from God not men ... that being said there is nothing wrong with church its good to fellowship if one has a good one (church) they should treasure it ..but its not required to know God ... He comes in the book

Creyn

Jan 24, 2009
I think, Christina, you missed my point. My pastor was giving us details about the natural world which are not mentioned in the Bible. These details are astounding to the average person, like myself, who wouldn't think to ask them... Astounding because they reinforce what the scripture says about who Jesus says He is.Think of it... Is it any wonder that the men instantly laid aside their nets and followed Him to become fishers of men? Jesus might just have been lucky right? He might have just seen the school of fish under the men's boat right then and told them to cast out their nets, right? NO!!! This extra information proves how astounding it really was... according to what "we" know about the fish they were catching, those fish should have been in the deepest reaches of the Galilee, sleeping and avoiding predators until nightfall. Jesus made that happen!And "we" didn't know it until my pastor passed that along, because he's devoted a lifetime to studying such questions in order to reinforce his and his congregates' beliefs.Is that the kind of question I would have asked myself? Let alone be able to discern the answer without some reference book about the fish of the Galilee? Of course not... And, even if I prayed about the fish of the Galilee, asking God, "Lord, what kind of fish were your disciples catching?" The answer would've essentially have come, "Look it up, dear." Because the Bible doesn't talk about the fish, and I haven't made a study of it.And all this is to say, as I said before, attending church is a personal choice, of course... One to be made between the Christian and God Himself. But, I, personally, would miss a ton of amazing insight if I did not go and listen to a man who's made DEEP study of the Word, his life's work.Besides, what if THIS is someone's call to try church again, so THEY don't miss something amazing.Just a thought.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I understood you and that is great but most churchs today teach nothing but milk (the easy quick things ) I call it fast food religion ... Im thrilled if you or anyone finds a good pastor but they are few and far apart .... I have been studying for more than 20 years and there are so many amazing things in Gods Word and it never stops teaching .. Im just saying that God does not require a church for one to know his Word and see his many types and deeper meanings ..Nature is his creation he uses it often as a teaching tool ... There are deeper meanings in many things its a learned thing to be able to see them it comes with study ...So for those who do not attend a church they to can find God in the book...

Vickie

Feb 26, 2009
QUOTE (Unorthodox Christian @ Jan 3 2008, 01:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=29025
Then on New Years he said this is the Year of my commission and my Bride, spooked me. NO I'VE BEEN HAVING DREAMS OF TORNADOS. The Past Week. So watch out. I was with my cousin in a car one day, and I saw a cloud that seemed like it was forming to become a Tornado and it would hit down, then it dispersed. The I've been having dreams since then that a big Tornado will hit us. There have never been tornados, not that I know of, but there have been water spouts and small Strong Gusts of Wind. Something Big is coming, before Yeshua HaMashiach.
We are going to see changes this year and right into the coming of Christ. We are entering into the birth Canal thatIsaiah spoke about. the earth quaking like a drunkard during the tribulation and the Wrath of God. This is why we are getting many tremors now through out the world. Here in Texas we got 15 or small tremors this last year in the central part of Texas. This is unheard of. Check it out on goolge earth quakes in Texas.Tribulation described:Isa 24:17-20 Terror and pit and snare await you "O People of the earth" Who ever flees at the sound of terror will fall into a pit; whoever climbs out of the pit will be caught in a snare. Then the flood gates of the heavens are opened the FOUNDATIONS of the EARTH SHAKE. The earth is BROKEN UP the earth is SPLIT Asunder the earth is "THROUGHLY SHAKEN". The earth reels like a drunkard, it sways like a hut in the wind; so heavy upon it is the guilt of its rebellion that it falls, never to rise again. This chapter goes on to describe the Lord will reign on Mt. Zion and in Jerusalem before its elders gloriously. This earth is describe by God as a woman travailing in birth as she will rock back and forth. We are entering into a time that will bring all this forth. We need to be stead fast in our faith. Our Lord will answer our prayers and speak with all of us. Who obey his commands. Vickie