Anyone Know How NOT to sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Who taught you all that false info MJR...you are spouting some very false doctrine...God's law is around forever whether you like it or not...as Jesus said in Matthew 5 Heaven and earth will pass away but nothing will be changed in the law until all is fulfilled. Paul said "do we make void the law through faith? God forbid. We establish the law" and John in 1st John says "sin is transgression of God's law"..

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
John says "sin is transgression of God's law"..
..I guess som eread with there eyes closed. Sin entered the world because of Adam, the law was given to Moses in Sinai so how many years was that afte Adam??? Even before teh law

Gen_4:7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

YEs the law is Good and Holy and al lwhpo kept the law died by the law because the yare unholy, only Chirst ever completed teh requirements thats why the bible says

Rev_5:3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.
Rev_5:4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.

There was only one

Rev 5:5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

The law adds nothing to your salavtion, it is by grace alone by the works of Christ so that none may boast.

Luk 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
Luk 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

Tha tman was boasting, as do al lthat keep the law. even Saul had reason to boast

Php 3:5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
Php 3:6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
Php 3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Php 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

And what did Jesus say to him

Act_9:4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

The law has not leanency it kills all who touch it as you will find out in due time.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The reference you spout are irrelevant to the subject, please stick to the topic MJR..
Why is your name Jesus, are you able to keep the law as He did or are you boasting because somehow you think you can. or are you telling us all that there will be two that are found worthy and that you will be the other one??? or maybe it is you have no confidence in Grace and hope that your works will get you there???

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
Heretoeternity,

God's law refers to everyone Kerwin, whether you like it or not..you are terribly confused between the Mosaic sacrificial law which passed away as per Acts 15, and God's law the moral code for mankind to live by...that is why Apostle John said in 1st John "sin is transgression of God's law" and Paul said in Romans "do we make void the law through faith? God .forbid. We establish the law"...time you abandon those false teachings you obviously are following and follow the Bible, the true word of God.

You misunderstand as Acts 15 itself treats Gentiles different than Jews. After all the letter is addressed to the Gentiles and not the Jews of the region.

Acts 15:23Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

23 and they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia:
The particular issue is circumcision, which is part of the Law, and yet they did not instruct Jews not to be circumcised.
The righteous requirements of the Law of Moses is summed up by the Law of God but the Law of Moses has other parts, most if not all symbolic, as well. The apostles were essentially voicing a version of the Noahide Laws. It is a top down ethical code and that is summed up in the command to Love.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Acts 15 is very clear ...the Mosaic 613 was not on the gentiles, because it was the sacriicial system that passed with the crucifixion of Jesus...nothing to do with the ten commandments which are God's law and will remain forever..Matthew 5..

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
mjrhealth said:
God never made an earlier covenant with us gentles, we came to Jesus by grace. no more no less but mant insist on addin the law to grace as if Christ didnt do enough. Evn the Jews by Christ are now dead to teh law, for they tow have a new husband to whch like us they are bethored and that man is Jesus, two sheep one fold one husband of one bride of all of us who are in Christ.

You come to Jesus only if you repent your sins ans ask for forgiveness....then by God's grace He will forgive you if you go and sin no more (repent)...sin is transgression of God's law the Ten commandments..1st John....if you continue to sin you are not in God's grace....that should be simple enough for you to understand right?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You come to Jesus only if you repent your sins ans ask for forgiveness....then by God's grace He will forgive you if you go and sin no more (repent)...sin is transgression of God's law the Ten commandments..1st John....if you continue to sin you are not in God's grace....that should be simple enough for you to understand right?
So than you dont sin no more? So tel lall the rest of us how you became perfect because we wouild all love to. ANd is has little to do wit hthe law, it has all to do with Love. As far as the law is concerned you brak it you die, No garce for you have rejected it.

Gal_5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Joh_1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

So take yur pick which is it to be. Jesus and Life or the law and death???

The law has saved no man, and you liek all of us break it everyday. Bu than you could explain to the rst of us how you might not??

As for coming to Christ

Joh_6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
So than you dont sin no more? So tel lall the rest of us how you became perfect because we wouild all love to. ANd is has little to do wit hthe law, it has all to do with Love. As far as the law is concerned you brak it you die, No garce for you have rejected it.

Gal_5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Joh_1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

So take yur pick which is it to be. Jesus and Life or the law and death???

The law has saved no man, and you liek all of us break it everyday. Bu than you could explain to the rst of us how you might not??

As for coming to Christ

Joh_6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

The Holy spirit will help you follow God's law, and you will not want to sin and disobey if you are truly saved..
We are all works in progress, when we are following God's Holy spirit, and trying to live according to His will.
We will be works in progress until our earthly death, and resurrection unto life, but we must strive to be perfect just as He is perfect...at present no human is perfect, but God reads the heart and knows if we are striving to obtain the level and standards He has set for us.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We are all works in progress, when we are following God's Holy spirit, and trying to live according to His will.
And we do so what has that got to do with keeping the law. Sin was never about breaking teh law, until teh law came and than it was for teh Jews for we never had teh law, So if we never had the law how can we sin by breaking the law. Adam sinned, thats how sin enteerd into the world His son sinned and yet the law had not yet being established, so how could they have sinned when there was no law to break. And since even today we dont have teh law, for Chirst never came to give us teh law he came to give us teh NEW covenant which is grace, for us the only covenant for the old was never ours, so does tha mean we cannot sin for we have no laws toi break???

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
And we do so what has that got to do with keeping the law. Sin was never about breaking teh law, until teh law came and than it was for teh Jews for we never had teh law, So if we never had the law how can we sin by breaking the law. Adam sinned, thats how sin enteerd into the world His son sinned and yet the law had not yet being established, so how could they have sinned when there was no law to break. And since even today we dont have teh law, for Chirst never came to give us teh law he came to give us teh NEW covenant which is grace, for us the only covenant for the old was never ours, so does tha mean we cannot sin for we have no laws toi break???

You seem to follow your false teachings perfectly, by ignoring scripture and in particular Apostle John defining sin, and the words of Jesus in John 14.15....you are typical of poor misguided "christians" who have been fed false doctrine, and chose to believe it rather than following scripture..

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Apostle John defining sin
John was a Jew He was bound to teh law untill Christ, for Him to break teh law was sin. If Adam had no law, explain to us how he could sin since the law came by moses, which was many years later, Its in your bible.?? Please explain...

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
No Jew or Gentile in Jesus..you should know that...explain to me why the Sabbath was brought in at Creation, when no Jew or gentile or Hebrew and you do not keep it...explain this to me

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Adam and Eve disobeyed God and thereby sinned, just as those who disobey the law of God now and ignore it continjue to live in sin and expect they are miraculously saved..better guess again..you ain't!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ust as those who disobey the law of God now
Oh so you admit they didnt sin becaus e of the law, so how than can sin be breaking the law??? Questioning my salavtion I know I am saved, I have already being judged. My life is in Christ not any religion of man.As for the law.

Act 15:24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:

Act 15:28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;

So according to the Holy ghost we dont have to keep the law, or does your bible say something Else.??

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
mjrhealth said:
Oh so you admit they didnt sin becaus e of the law, so how than can sin be breaking the law??? Questioning my salavtion I know I am saved, I have already being judged. My life is in Christ not any religion of man.As for the law.

Act 15:24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:

Act 15:28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;

So according to the Holy ghost we dont have to keep the law, or does your bible say something Else.??
Saved by whom? If you cannot follow God's word, then who are you saved by satan?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Rom_8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Well since Jesus is Gods word. i am certainly having no issues. And is it not you that has just denied a whole bunch of bible text i put before you showing your error. Offence it is what happems when the spirirt hears teh truth and the flesh gets upset, it is what causes many to get angry and why it is written so many times in the bible.

Mat_15:12 Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying

As for the devil, I know who he is , he is just one of those nasty little things that you pick up whe nfollowing Jesus, always ready to trip you up and give you a hard time. I hope you never get to meet him.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
mjrhealth said:
John was a Jew He was bound to teh law untill Christ, for Him to break teh law was sin. If Adam had no law, explain to us how he could sin since the law came by moses, which was many years later, Its in your bible.?? Please explain...

So John was a Jew, so you do not have to follow his teachings...do you know MJR...Peter was a Jew, Paul was a Jew, James was a Jew, so you do not follow their teachings either...interesting religion you are following..oh and the biggie MJR do you know Jesus was a Jew? That would explain why you are not following His teachings either...maybe try scientology.

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
Heretoeternity,

Acts 15 is very clear ...the Mosaic 613 was not on the gentiles, because it was the sacrificial system that passed with the crucifixion of Jesus...nothing to do with the ten commandments which are God's law and will remain forever..Matthew 5..

As far as I know the Mosaic 613 has nothing to do with sacrifice since the Jews do not sacrifice, with the exception of Samaritan Jews, due to the fact they believe they only sacrifice in a temple. It is also an interpretation of the Law, which includes the ten commandments. A fair amount of the Law is a top down moral code and in some cases goes into more detail about the Ten. It also includes judicial practices and other things pertaining to the Jews and the land they inherited. There is also a warning at the end that anyone that does not keep all the commandments within it is cursed. For example the instruction to give to the poor and needy is not in the Ten but it is in the Law. Jesus challenged a young ruler to do just that even though he already kept the ten. (Matthew 19:18-21)