Apologetics TV Ministry Loses Financial Accreditation Over Fundraising

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“A television ministry with the most-watched Christian apologetics program has been ejected from the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA) for insufficient oversight and dishonest fundraising.

The Ankerberg Theological Research Institute, which produces The John Ankerberg Show, failed to meet three ECFA standards, according to an EFCA investigation. …”

• Angry
Reactions: Patrick1966

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“In a recent segment, FCBH CEO Morgan Jackson tells of a woman on social security who spends six months saving up her money so she’ll have enough money to sponsor one proclaimer, and she does that twice a year. Yet if one does the math, she’s only buying 1/5th of a device, as 400-425$ of those dollars are going elsewhere, and not ‘Your gift of $500 provides 1 Audio Proclamation to churches and villages who need to hear God’s Word in their language!’ as claimed.

One long-term donor said he thought that it was mostly being spent on audio bibles and had no idea how little was being spent on the promised endeavor.

Charles Darnell says he has given more than $30,000 to The John Ankerberg Show, money he thought was going to purchase audio bibles.

’If he was taking up to 20 percent, I would have said, ‘That’s cool,’ Darnell said. ‘But he takes 80 percent.’

In a letter to Ankerberg, he said he felt ‘very sad for you and the people who work for you.’ He concluded his letter: ‘I respectfully request a refund of my $10,000 donation at the beginning of this year and also request the removal of my name from your mailing list.’”

• Angry
Reactions: Patrick1966

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The article linked in the OP mentions that The Ankerberg Theological Research Institute (ATRI) is making changes in the ministry in response to the ECFA action. That’s a good thing.

However, ATRI is going after the whistleblower with a lawsuit. That strikes me as being a bad thing, and the wrong way to handle the matter.