Apostle Paul's "last trump" IS The 7th Trumpet

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
1 Cor 15:52-54
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
(KJV)

The Greek word for "last" in that "last trump" phrase is 'eschatos', and it means

'(in the sense of contiguity); farthest, final (of place or time).' (Strong's no. 2078)

The final Trumpet per Revelation 11 is the 7th Trumpet, the last one to sound, the final one.

That 7th Trumpet of Rev.11 is the final, or "last" trumpet Apostle Paul was talking about, and it's very simple how that is so. It's because it is the trumpet of God that ushers Christ's second coming, as shown in that Rev.11 chapter.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Christ's coming is with the events of the 6th Seal, 7th Trumpet, 7th Vial.

The events of the 7 Seals are not in exact order. The purpose of the Seals is to impart information about the 7 signs of the end Christ first gave in Matt.24 and Mark 13. The Seals open The Book in order to get understanding, and only our Lord Jesus can open it unto us, which is the subject of Rev.5.

The very first... sign of the end Jesus gave in Matt.24 and Mark 13 was to not allow any man to deceive us, and that's what the beginning Seal in Rev.6 is about, an imposter coming riding upon a white horse, simulating how our Lord Jesus returns upon a white horse per Rev.19. The 6 Seals of Rev.6 parallel the order of the signs our Lord gave in Matt.24 and Mark 13 (especially in Mark 13). You should especially note that the final 7th sign He gave in Matt.24 and Mark 13 (about His coming and our gathering) is not specific in Rev.6 with the 6 Seals.

Because our Lord Jesus gave warning against deception as the first sign in His Olivet Discourse in Matt.24 and Mark 13, that is the MAJOR warning for the end He gave. The beginning of sorrows and time of affliction ("great tribulation") especially involve the time of the greatest deception, the "strong delusion" Apostle Paul warned of in 2 Thess.2 with a false one coming to sit in a temple in Jerusalem, proclaiming himself as God, exalting himself overr all that is worshipped.

We don't come to the 7th Seal until Revelation 8, and we are to note there is a silence in heaven for the space of half an hour. If you refer back to the Old Testament prophets of God commanding silence, you'll notice a connection with that involving the time of His getting ready to raise up off His Throne in Heaven to end this present world. There is a heavy 'wait' on Him type Message given with many of those examples.

Ps 37:7
7 Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.
(KJV)

Ps 62:1
1 Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from Him cometh my salvation.
(KJV)

Hab 2:20
20 But the LORD is in His holy temple: let all the earth keep silence before Him.
(KJV)

Zech 2:13
13 Be silent, O all flesh, before the LORD: for He is raised up out of His holy habitation.
(KJV)

Ps 46:10-11
10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
11 The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
(KJV)

Zeph 1:7
7 Hold thy peace at the presence of the Lord GOD: for the day of the LORD is at hand: for the LORD hath prepared a sacrifice, He hath bid His guests.
(KJV)

Ps 25:21-22
21 Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on Thee.
22 Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles.
(KJV)

Ps 37:9-11
9 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.
10 For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.
11 But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.
(KJV)

Ps 37:34
34 Wait on the LORD, and keep His way, and He shall exalt thee to inherit the land: when the wicked are cut off, thou shalt see it.
(KJV)

Isa 8:16-17
16 Bind up the testimony, seal the law among My disciples.
17 And I will wait upon the LORD, That hideth His face from the house of Jacob, and I will look for Him.
(KJV)

Isa 30:18
18 And therefore will the LORD wait, that He may be gracious unto you, and therefore will He be exalted, that He may have mercy upon you: for the LORD is a God of judgment: blessed are all they that wait for Him.
(KJV)

Isa 40:31
31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
(KJV)

Isa 51:5
5 My righteousness is near; My salvation is gone forth, and Mine arms shall judge the people; the isles shall wait upon Me, and on Mine arm shall they trust.
(KJV)

Isa 60:9
9 Surely the isles shall wait for Me, and the ships of Tarshish first, to bring thy sons from far, their silver and their gold with them, unto the name of the LORD thy God, and to the Holy One of Israel, because He hath glorified thee.
(KJV)

Zeph 3:8
8 Therefore wait ye upon Me, saith the LORD, until the day that I rise up to the prey: for My determination is to gather the nations, that I may assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them Mine indignation, even all My fierce anger: for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of My jealousy.
(KJV)

Luke 12:35-38
35 Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning;
36 And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately.
37 Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.
38 And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.
(KJV)

We as Christ's servants are to keep patience in waiting for His return and our redemption. The deceptions upon the earth just prior to His coming involve fleshy workings, even with the false messiah who comes first. We are to wait for Him through all that. And that's what the opening of the 7th Seal represents, with the events after that final Seal marking the endtime events of great deception until the final 7th Trumpet sounds and the final 7th Vial poured out ushering the time of Christ's coming.