Apparently Home Schooling Is Not A Right

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i wonder if homosexuals who are being persecuted in foreign contries are allowed to seek portection inthe US.

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
aspen2 said:
i wonder if homosexuals who are being persecuted in foreign contries are allowed to seek portection inthe US.
Why should deviants have any special protection? Homosexuals already have more rights in American than Christians. And, you too want Christians to go to jail for not honoring homosexual conduct.

Levi

May 30, 2013
aspen2 said:
This is a sad statement to me. We, in the US, are shielded from the atrocities happening throughout the rest of the world. Right now, Syrian teen-age boys are fleeing the country because they are being raped, killed and/or sold into the sex slaves. Sex trade is at an all time high - even here in the US. In some African countries, rich people purchase children and have them sacrificed because it is their belief that when they sacrifice these children, their wealth will grow.

Why are we not trying to seek protection in the US for these?

Yet, here in America we are so tunnel visioned on these issues we are missing the bigger picture......

James 1:27 says thisReligion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmmm. So persecuted home schoolers are welcome even though their lives are not threatened, but the very mention of homosexuals being allowed to seek protection from being murdered in muslim countries raises alarms? Sounds like political partisanship rather than Christian charity.
hmmm. So persecuted home schoolers are welcome even though their lives are not threatened, but the very mention of homosexuals being allowed to seek protection from being murdered in muslim countries raises alarms? Sounds like political partisanship rather than Christian charity.

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
aspen2 said:
People in Muslim countries can avoid risk of execution by not engaging in homosexualtiy. I value the exercise of Christianity more than I value the exercise of sodomy (which is not at all). And, Christians are more concerned with the faith than with their lives, so I'd prefer to die than let the government raise my children to be Atheists.

And, you still want to throw me in jail for not honoring homosexual conduct.

HiddenManna

Jun 1, 2013
Tennessee
With all the anti-Christian bias and ungodlness being taught in the schools, if I had a school aged child I would for sure attempt to home-school.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sorry my post was repeated. i never mention jail or prison. i am looking at the value of the person seeking protection, not their behavior. i think it is the christian approach.

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
aspen2 said:
sorry my post was repeated. i never mention jail or prison. i am looking at the value of the person seeking protection, not their behavior. i think it is the christian approach.
You desire for it to be a crime not to honor homosexual activity. Jail is implied.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wrong. i believe homosexuality is sinful. Why would i want to be arrested for my beliefs?

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
aspen2 said:
wrong. i believe homosexuality is sinful. Why would i want to be arrested for my beliefs?
You don't want me arrested for my beliefs. You want me arrested for not honoring homosexual conduct. If I'm a painter and a homosexexual couple wants me to paint them kissing each other, you want me to go to jail if I refuse. What's the word you used? "Discrimination."

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is legal to refuse service to a potential customer for any reason. Businesses are not required to share their reasoning. if the business is self righteous enough to refuse service based on discrimination against race, religion, gender, or sexual orientation and it can be proven in court - they can be fined not jailed. The only way it can be proven in court is if the business is stupid enough to inform the customer about why they refusee to provide services or they have a public track record of discrimination.

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
aspen2 said:
It is legal to refuse service to a potential customer for any reason. Businesses are not required to share their reasoning. if the business is self righteous enough to refuse service based on discrimination against race, religion, gender, or sexual orientation and it can be proven in court - they can be fined not jailed. The only way it can be proven in court is if the business is stupid enough to inform the customer about why they refusee to provide services or they have a public track record of discrimination.
How sick and ungodly of you to call a painter self-righteous if he doesn't want to paint homosexuals kissing. And, how intolerant are you that you want that painter thrown into prison... oh, "fined" to the point of surrendering his freedoms and consciousness or losing his livelihood.

How pathetic it is of you to try to defend yourself by saying it's legal to refuse service to anyone for any reason. That's a lie in the first place. In the second place, you're really saying that people should lie to get away with "discrimination." Real discrimination is usually very obvious. And, refusing to give a reason would remove all doubt as to the reason.

You, Aspen, what Christians to be thrown into prison. Any objection you have to the way I put that is just niggling.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is the law. you cannot discriminate against people for belonging to a protected class. homosexuals belong to a protected class. if you want to refuse service to them you can either find another reason or break the law and accept a fine. my opinion does not matter. martyrs in the early church went to the lions for their beliefs without whining about it.
However IMO teaching people a lesson or witholding goods and products from people for the purpose of trying change their behavior shouldn't have a place in America.

Back to homeschooling - should every parent have the right to homeschool their children? i say no. I have a friend who has a personality disorder who homeschools her children. She is unable to function in the world AND she does not have the education to provide instruction past 6th grade. Her two children are morbidly obese and must endure ongoing constant home remedies for losing weight. They are all on psychiatric medication, which is prescribed by 5 different docters who do not know about each other. My friend switches her drugs (including prescribed pot) and her children's drugs when ever she feels like it.

This person does not have the right to homeschool her children. Her children are not being educated AND they are missing out on intervention that public school could be providing. I believe parents need to be licensed before they are allowed to homeschool.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
aspen2 said:
However IMO teaching people a lesson or witholding goods and products from people for the purpose of trying change their behavior shouldn't have a place in America.
-- And this is where one is left to wonder whether you are dishonest or just clueless.

A Christian photographer or baker does not decline services to a homosexual couple or event because they want to "teach them a lesson." Are you really that clueless?

They do it because they feel to do otherwise would be to compromise their faith and their walk with Jesus, showing support for something that God calls an abomination.

That takes real courage. That is really living your faith. Especially when they know that even if there is not a lawsuit, word of mouth is going to cost them business.

You spend a lot of time on this board stating those very same Christians are wrong for trying to live their faith or not bending or compromising their beliefs in order to support the rights of homosexuals.

In one post you talk about how stupid business owners are because they could just lie about their reason for declining to serve a customer, meaning that all Christians would have to do is lie (sin) to keep from getting in trouble for exercising their faith,
-then-
In your next post you say, "martyrs in the early church went to the lions for their beliefs without whining about it."

Textbook example of talking out of both sides of your mouth.....

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is where you have completely gone off the track, Foreigner.

Providing services for people who have a different moral standard than you do does not support the sin in their lives. Everyone has sin in their lives regardless of your opinion or efforts to deny them services. if you were consistent you would discriminate against all sinners equally. You are not called to judge nonbelievers.

Also, judging others so that you can refuse service to people whose sin has fail your standard is not 'living out your faith'. it has nothing to do with loving God and neighbor.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
aspen2 said:
Providing services for people who have a different moral standard than you do does not support the sin in their lives.
-- If the service you perform is tied in specifically to celebrating or supporting of a sin that God calls 'an abomination,' yes it does. Direct support.

aspen2 said:
Everyone has sin in their lives regardless of your opinion or efforts to deny them services. if you were consistent you would discriminate against all sinners equally. You are not called to judge nonbelievers.
-- Yes, everyone has sin in their lives. Christians are only forced to directly deal with the sin if the aiding of the support or celebration of that sin is requested of them.
When someone comes through the door, Christians don't ask questions to determine sin or the extent of sin. Grow up.
But if that person comes through the door wanting a service that celebrates/glorifies a specific sinful action, Christians should be allowed to say no without repercussion.

They are not calling on these people to stop their sinning. They are saying they don't want a part in helping support or encourage their sinning.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof."

You want to support what you consider the rights of homosexuals to marry (even to go so far as to accuse people who do not support gay marriage of being violators of their civil rights).........but you don't want to support what the United States Constitution states are the Constitutional rights of Christians.

And yet you somehow think you're the good guy?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if you are operating in the marketplace - selling goods and services to the public - you have to play by the rules. The rules state that Americans are not allowed to discriminate against people because of race (even religious white supremicists must comply), gender (yes, even religious chauvanists must comply) disability, religion, or sexual preference. I am just pointing out reality, Foreigner.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Not true and you know it. But that's okay. I no longer expect honesty from you.

You said:
"Providing services for people who have a different moral standard than you do does not support the sin in their lives."
and
"Everyone has sin in their lives regardless of your opinion or efforts to deny them services. if you were consistent you would discriminate against all sinners equally."

Those (and much more you have said in this thread) prove that your statement in your last post isn't all you were trying to say as you claimed.

While you must resort to "a moving target is harder to his" your inconsistencies and outright self-contradictions show the your dishonesty as well as the weakness of your position.

Oh, by the world's standards you may be right. And since you are obviously living in the world instead of separate from it - as we are called to do - it is understandable why you have to say what you say.