Apparently Home Schooling Is Not A Right

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
aspen2 said:
it is the law. you cannot discriminate against people for belonging to a protected class. homosexuals belong to a protected class.
Maybe it's good news that you seem to a bit shamed by your own position. You want homosexuals to be a protected class, yet here you pretend like these protection laws are in spite of you. Actually, in most of the country, especially in regards to homosexual marriage, it still isn't a protected class, and you want that to change that!

No one if forced to sin to not discriminate against blacks, because race is unrelated to behavior. I'm not even saying that serving a homosexual as a sin. But, non-discrimination laws force people to also honor homosexual behavior itself (e.g. a painter being forced to paint two homosexuals kissing). Do you have any shame? ,

As for homeschooling, sure, some people aren't cut out for homeschooling (just like some teachers have no business in the classroom). But, this isn't a case of a mentally incompetent mother wanting to homeschool her children. It's a case of a mother who wants her children educated as Christians, not as Atheists. Homeschooled kids outperform their publicly educated peers on standardized tests.

Reactions: HiddenManna

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Polt,

Home schooling - if you look back on this thread you will see that i sided with the home schooling parents. Later I brought up the fact that all parents are not cut out for teaching their children at home.

As far as homosexuality in the marketplace is concerned I am not ashamed about trying to figure out the best course for actiion on this board. I am not intimidated by Foreigner's accusations against my posts - I am still going to work out what I believe. Foreigner is doing what he believes is right and i am doing the same. I am not a teacher, i am trying to figure things out. Right now, i know the laws of America protect homosexuals against discrimination which is directly aimed at their sexual preference - i agree with this. I believe that American citizens who have different beliefs then myself should be allowed to have the same rights as all Americans. Just to let you know, Foreigner likes to treat my posts as court recorders and appears to be on a quest to prove to the world that i am a liar, hypocrite, and heretic - in my defense, I am a lover of God and neighbor and am not afraid to be wrong

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
aspen2 said:
There now, that wasn't so hard, was it?
-- Yup. You were right on the world's standards.
Yet you are obviously lost and confused on what God expects. I pity you.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
pity is an inferior response. i pray that God will continue your sanctificatiion Foreigner S that you will continue your growth towards citizen of heaven - empathy, love, unconditional love, forgiveness - redemption - AMEN

HiddenManna

Jun 1, 2013
Tennessee
Polt said:
Maybe it's good news that you seem to a bit shamed by your own position. You want homosexuals to be a protected class, yet here you pretend like these protection laws are in spite of you. Actually, in most of the country, especially in regards to homosexual marriage, it still isn't a protected class, and you want that to change that!

No one if forced to sin to not discriminate against blacks, because race is unrelated to behavior. I'm not even saying that serving a homosexual as a sin. But, non-discrimination laws force people to also honor homosexual behavior itself (e.g. a painter being forced to paint two homosexuals kissing). Do you have any shame? ,

As for homeschooling, sure, some people aren't cut out for homeschooling (just like some teachers have no business in the classroom). But, this isn't a case of a mentally incompetent mother wanting to homeschool her children. It's a case of a mother who wants her children educated as Christians, not as Atheists. Homeschooled kids outperform their publicly educated peers on standardized tests.
I must agree with this post, to teach children that open sin and rebellion against the clear and evident will of God, is to be "protected" promoted as acceptable is an obsolute rejection of both the Old and New Covenants. To attempt to cover this with biblical words such as "love" or "mercy" or to twist the gospel into some acceptance of such things, can never be accepted as "sound" doctrine. Even a die-hard evolutionist would have to admit these things are in complete conflict with nature and should never be accepted as healthy of helpful in the formation of a young persons education.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
aspen2 said:
pity is an inferior response. i pray that God will continue your sanctificatiion Foreigner S that you will continue your growth towards citizen of heaven - empathy, love, unconditional love, forgiveness - redemption - AMEN
-- While I appreciate and welcome your prayers, you should not forget about yourself.

You are the one that is going to be standing before God explaining why you actively supported the abortion of healthy babies just because the mother didn't feel she was fit, or because the adoption process in America was not up to what you felt was your standard.

You can explain to him that just because a child born into that environment would face incredible difficulties, you didn't feel God was up to the task of looking after them.

I hope I am not standing near you when He reminds you that He was knitting together in their mother's womb and that he had a calling and plan for everyone of them.

Good luck with that.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Ok, back to the OP. Homeschooling is a right according to States, not according to the Federal Govt. It is written into the Constitution of Oklahoma and in Texas, it is classified as Private School. HSLDA.com will tell you everything you need to know about each State.

North Carolina has redefined their law for homeschooling. http://hslda.org/hs/state/nc/201306040.asp

Click on a State to read about its laws and recent news regarding Homeschooling in the news, law cases, etc.
http://www.hslda.org/hs/default.asp

Click on some of these States to view current articles about current harassment of homeschoolers in the U.S.A.