Are groups like: IHOP - KANSAS CITY PROPHETS - BETHEL - JESUS CULTURE - RICK JOYNER - TACF undermini

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hmmm...I use to have a real problem with Joyce Meyers who seemed to be associated with Peter Wagner, Cindy Jacobs, Rick Joyner and others who were linked with the "New Apostolic Reformation movement [Dominionism].
I don't any more after watching a close friend, finally get free from longterm depression by listening to some of her tapes....You know a tree by it's fruit...

Be Blessed!

whitestone

Apr 3, 2011
Gold Beach Oregon
True Christianity can never be affected by the actions or groupings of others, because we are to each individually work out our own salvation with trembling and fear. The only reason I go to any group/denomination, is to find that unique special soul who desires truth and take them aside and teach them the perfect way. Those who finally do see are released from such worldly organizations and now able to see clearly and minister the will of God wherever they go after that.

I am Second

Jan 22, 2013
USA
Hmmm...I use to have a real problem with Joyce Meyers who seemed to be associated with Peter Wagner, Cindy Jacobs, Rick Joyner and others who were linked with the "New Apostolic Reformation movement [Dominionism].
I don't any more after watching a close friend, finally get free from longterm depression by listening to some of her tapes....You know a tree by it's fruit...
When I first got saved I learned a lot from her. She is very direct and I like that about her. She doesn't sugar coat anything.

The only reason I go to any group/denomination, is to find that unique special soul who desires truth and take them aside and teach them the perfect way. Those who finally do see are released from such worldly organizations and now able to see clearly and minister the will of God wherever they go after that.
The only reason I go is I have a 15 year old son who is thriving in youth group, etc. at church. The youth pastor really connects with the teen boys. He's at the age where he thinks we don't know a whole lot, lol. I personally am the closest to God in my own house.

As far as these groups that focus on manifestations, I personally knew and still know a family who dabbles in that from our old church. They would go to the Toronto Airport Church about once a month and come back and give praises during praise time about being slain in the spirit (fall to the ground) making animal noises. They would tell us that angel feathers and gold dust fell down from the ceilings. It was really weird and made me very uncomfortable. They have since left that church too and now go to a penticostal church that is big on the gift of healing. I try not to judge them because it doesn't concern me and just put it out of my mind because I don't want to be critical of something that's really none of my business. I didn't really think it was appropriate for them to bring it back to our church, everbody did a lot of twitching and shifting while they would tell us about what happened. I have learned that it is easy for me to be critical of others so I'm always on guard and tell myself that it's between them and God and that we are all weird in different ways.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The emergent church is dangerous
May I say that this comment is not the truth. What is the truth is that the emergent church CAN be dangerous. Because the emergent church takes many forms there is no "one size fits all."

Another true statement is that the Pentecostal church, the Baptist church, the Anglican church, the Roman Catholic church, the Presbyterian church and so on and son CAN be dangerous.

There is a church round the corner from me that has a plaque in its entrance which says, "We do not allow the gifts of the Spirit here." That is as dangerous as it comes when you defy the word of God.

There are so called "emergent churches" all over Australia and most of them are quite benign. We call them missional churches because they have a strong focus on reaching the lost.

As real bible believing Christians we gotta wake up and wake up now.

Deception free, I asked you what a real bible believing christian is but I am still waiting for your answer. Does you non reply mean you don't know? Perhaps it is just a cliché used to indicate a certain sub set in Christianity.

IAmAWitness

Nov 7, 2012
I am Second said:
When I first got saved I learned a lot from her. She is very direct and I like that about her. She doesn't sugar coat anything.

The only reason I go is I have a 15 year old son who is thriving in youth group, etc. at church. The youth pastor really connects with the teen boys. He's at the age where he thinks we don't know a whole lot, lol. I personally am the closest to God in my own house.

As far as these groups that focus on manifestations, I personally knew and still know a family who dabbles in that from our old church. They would go to the Toronto Airport Church about once a month and come back and give praises during praise time about being slain in the spirit (fall to the ground) making animal noises. They would tell us that angel feathers and gold dust fell down from the ceilings. It was really weird and made me very uncomfortable. They have since left that church too and now go to a penticostal church that is big on the gift of healing. I try not to judge them because it doesn't concern me and just put it out of my mind because I don't want to be critical of something that's really none of my business. I didn't really think it was appropriate for them to bring it back to our church, everbody did a lot of twitching and shifting while they would tell us about what happened. I have learned that it is easy for me to be critical of others so I'm always on guard and tell myself that it's between them and God and that we are all weird in different ways.
My initial suspicion is that you do have an obligation before God to reveal what God has shown you to this family. Secondly, if you are telling us that this family would go with their new zealotry and pervert other denominations, then I'm certain that I'm confirmed in my suspicion. Your best bet is to lay it all out there, let the chips fall where they may. If they shun you, then that is your word. You will know then where their allegiance lies and that it would be right for you to disconnect from any contact with them. If it were to arise as a controversy within the church and you were disfellowshipped, then that is fine as well. Everyone must take a stand, either for good and evil; you, however, as a Christian are expected to show the way to those who will listen.

Deception free, I asked you what a real bible believing christian is but I am still waiting for your answer. Does you non reply mean you don't know? Perhaps it is just a cliché used to indicate a certain sub set in Christianity.

IAmAWitness said:
I think I can answer this for you since DF seems to be busy or incapable. I feel that the term is straightforward and is an absolute that presents little room for a variation in its defining. A Bible-believing Christian would be one who is informed by biblical values, often defined as conservatism in America, with a strict adherence to the infallibility, inspiration, and internal consistency of the document and that it pertains to all domains in life and adjust their personal behaviors to conform to the degree they feel which they can to an observance of its commands.

Hence, going to church, tithing, reading the Bible and praying frequently are things that would distinguish Bible-believing Christians from those who are nominal Christians, identifying with the religion of their parents but whose lives bear little resemblance to a life of devotion to it.

I am Second

Jan 22, 2013
USA
IAmAWitness said:
My initial suspicion is that you do have an obligation before God to reveal what God has shown you to this family. Secondly, if you are telling us that this family would go with their new zealotry and pervert other denominations, then I'm certain that I'm confirmed in my suspicion. Your best bet is to lay it all out there, let the chips fall where they may. If they shun you, then that is your word. You will know then where their allegiance lies and that it would be right for you to disconnect from any contact with them. If it were to arise as a controversy within the church and you were disfellowshipped, then that is fine as well. Everyone must take a stand, either for good and evil; you, however, as a Christian are expected to show the way to those who will listen.

My husband and I did. We even went to the leadership of the church with our concerns. The leadership then treated them so poorly that they eventually left and went to a Pentecostal church. This was about five years ago. They seemed to understand Biblical principals but they were absolutely fascinated with signs and wonders.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hence, going to church, tithing, reading the Bible and praying frequently are things that would distinguish Bible-believing Christians from those who are nominal Christians, identifying with the religion of their parents but whose lives bear little resemblance to a life of devotion to it.
Thankyou for the explanation. I have one problem with it. As "going" to church, tithing and reading the Bible are not advocated in scripture for the NT believer, I would say they are not bible believing. I would say they are denominationally brainwashed and devoid of knowledge of what the scripture does say.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
deceptionfree said:
Are groups like : IHOP - KANSAS CITY PROPHETS - BETHEL - JESUS CULTURE - RICK JOYNER - TACF & the rest of the 3rd wave/ Latter Rain group are undermining the very fabric of Christianity?

Ever notice that the church is being filled with New Age teachings and practices?

Teaching like - contemplative prayer, the mystical side of prophecy and the likes...

Ever stop wonder if perhaps wolves in sheeps clothing have planted themselves at the very top of the sheepfold???

Do you know that high up in the occult and the satanic network that members are actually comissioned to start churches and prayer rooms in order to deceive the elect?

There is a push for a one world religion and it is coming in the form of the Emergent Church - headed up by yours truly - satan!
Not undermining my walk or people that I know.

1Co_11:19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

IAmAWitness

Nov 7, 2012
marksman said:
Thankyou for the explanation. I have one problem with it. As "going" to church, tithing and reading the Bible are not advocated in scripture for the NT believer, I would say they are not bible believing. I would say they are denominationally brainwashed and devoid of knowledge of what the scripture does say.
There is probably not a single issue that defines such a believer, but I would say that there are certain things that a lot of such people may have in common, such as the things I listed. Not all believers go to church, and maybe some of the most devout are turned off of church because of the great wickedness they see. But you will know such a believer by his fruits. And many simply feel a need to go the ordinary route of going to church, reading their Bible often, and living to the best of their ability according to the teachings. Those are things I suspect you would find in a great deal of "Bible-believing Christians".

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And many simply feel a need to go the ordinary route of going to church, reading their Bible often, and living to the best of their ability according to the teachings. Those are things I suspect you would find in a great deal of "Bible-believing Christians".
Actually, there is no such thing as 'bible believing christian.' What we have is Christians who believe their interpretation of the bible is the word of God. If that wasn't the case, we would not have any denominations. And if that wasn't the case, we would not have forums like this. And if that was not the case, we would not have so called churches acting as though the bible is irrelevant to their operation as in the clergy/laity divide plus a few hundred more things which you won't find in scripture.

I have done some serious questioning of denominational leaders and in every case, they have interpreted the scripture in the light of their denominational doctrine, not their denomination doctrine in the light of scripture.